UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tabs & Chords (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Atypical Metalcoreish song NEED FEEDBACK| (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1570463)

Objekt 10-29-2012 05:31 PM

Atypical Metalcoreish song NEED FEEDBACK|

1 Attachment(s)
Sup guys first time posting here just gonna send a GP5 file I composed today your way and I would like your feedback! It started off as me wanting to write a straight forward metallic hardcore song like Rotting Out but turned into something different. Thanks!

Ometh 10-29-2012 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First of all, I gotta give you props for writing "real" metalcore instead of what passes off as metalcore nowadays. Second, imma crit this and edit some shit if you don't mind.

EDIT: I fixed the drums because 4 tracks for such a simplistic drum track is just silly.

EpiExplorer 10-29-2012 05:56 PM

Heh, the intro is pretty lulzy. It sounds like Madness without the ska.

Yes, atypical is definitely a word to describe it, yes. Pretty much that word. All I can think of.

Seriously.

Objekt 10-29-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
First of all, I gotta give you props for writing real metalcore instead of what passes off as metalcore nowadays. Second, imma crit this and edit some shit if you don't mind.

Thank ya sir! and I don't mind if you edit it but wtf does crit mean? critique? hahaha sorry I'm a newb at the UG forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Heh, the intro is pretty lulzy. It sounds like Madness without the ska.

Yes, atypical is definitely a word to describe it, yes. Pretty much that word. All I can think of.

Seriously.

Haha never heard of madness gonna check em out now, thanks!

EpiExplorer 10-29-2012 06:27 PM

Really? British quirkiness at its finest (mostly):

Objekt 10-29-2012 06:33 PM

Welp, I couldn't convert GP files to .wav. Then, my speakers decided to stop working because something's wrong with the power cable. I switched out the speakers for another of the exact same pair but the audio sounds distorted and now I can't hear guitar pro files at all in guitar por itself except when I turn on the "realistic sound engine" but even then I can only hear the snare and one guitar with it on. Yep this is pretty much ****ing annoying.

TL;DR I can technically listen to it but it would sound inaudible and like ass.

Erra93 10-29-2012 07:22 PM

The atmosphere feels like Poison The Well - Nerdy, sort of. I like it!

Objekt 10-29-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erra93
The atmosphere feels like Poison The Well - Nerdy, sort of. I like it!

Thanks! I actually thought that after I heard that part haha

Life Is Brutal 10-29-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:
First of all, I gotta give you props for writing "real" metalcore instead of what passes off as metalcore nowadays. Second, imma crit this and edit some shit if you don't mind.

EDIT: I fixed the drums because 4 tracks for such a simplistic drum track is just silly.

Oh gawd. :haha:

Objekt 10-30-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Thanks d00d!