UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   When will they learn? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1571011)

lolmnt 11-02-2012 02:11 AM

When will they learn?

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/crime...ion-3997812.php

Hydra150 11-02-2012 02:12 AM

:rolleyes: ik,r?

Xiaoxi 11-02-2012 02:14 AM

I hope never. 2 funy

Weaponized 11-02-2012 02:14 AM

"But on the rape thing, it's like, how does putting more violence onto a woman's body and taking the life of an innocent child that's a consequence of this crime, how does that make it better?" Koster said in the exchange.

I wish I was aborted

lolmnt 11-02-2012 02:16 AM

Hydra150 11-02-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433

Why do they keep talking about this stuff (in the run up to the election, of all times)? Are that fucing ******ed?

necrosis1193 11-02-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
Why do they keep talking about this stuff (in the run up to the election, of all times)? Are that fucing ******ed?

Because it's a very hot issue, and voting is less than a week away, so they're doing a bunch of press stops and campaigning and are getting asked hot-button questions?

Hydra150 11-02-2012 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis1193
Because it's a very hot issue, and voting is less than a week away, so they're doing a bunch of press stops and campaigning and are getting asked hot-button questions?

These guys are career politicians, why don't they have the sense/agility to dodge such questions without making the headlines?

necrosis1193 11-02-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:
These guys are career politicians, why don't they have the sense/agility to dodge such questions without making the headlines?

Considering the whole "Grassroots/real Americans/Joe Sixpack" movement in the Republican party over the last few years, probably not. They're probably some schmuck from Nowhere, South Carolina, that got elected to some local government thing and got a bunch of support to run for state senator/congressman/something else or something.

Bad Kharmel 11-02-2012 02:37 AM

the whole reason is that if you think life begins as soon as the ovum is fertilized, then the fetus is a baby and needs to be protected regardless of parentage, the whole thing comes down basically to when you consider a person alive, pro-life=right away pro-choice=its up for debate, regardless of how you feel this argument it really only has minute effects on overall government policy and abortion (either way) is more an issue for the sake of your political base rather that the overall good of the country

The_Casinator 11-02-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

The problem with such a broad democracy is that not everyone is a smart, sensible and trained person in politics.

Nelshizzle 11-02-2012 07:20 AM

:haha

The Rape Thing sounds Luke a cheesy b list lifetime made for TV movie horror. :haha

Jyrgen 11-02-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
:haha

The Rape Thing sounds Luke a cheesy b list lifetime made for TV movie horror. :haha

:haha:

Wolfinator-x 11-02-2012 07:25 AM

I'm so happy I don't politics.

captainsnazz 11-02-2012 07:29 AM

Does this political party literally go out and advertise: "******S! IGNORANT ******S NEEDED! IF YOU'RE ******ED, COME AND HELP US CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD!"

Guodlca 11-02-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:
"But on the rape thing, it's like, how does putting more violence onto a woman's body and taking the life of an innocent child that's a consequence of this crime, how does that make it better?" Koster said in the exchange.
koster pls

Ur all $h1t 11-02-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

No, they quite possibly just genuinely care about this issue.

Look, Iím pro-choice, but the Abortion debate is such a cluster**** because no-one can be bothered to put themselves into the shoes of the other side. They speak completely different languages and thus donít understand one another.

Imagine for a second that you believe that human life, and all the rights that go with it, develop at conception. You believe the foetus to be a perfectly conscious human being, same as an infant. If you thought that, wouldnít you bring up Abortion all the ****ing time? Like, wouldnít it be all you talk about? I know if I thought that then thatíd be my single issue, because it would take a huge issue to outweigh what I would then consider to be the wilful slaughter of defenceless babies.

Pro-choice people donít see that, because we donít consider that consciousness, or sentience, or whatever you wish to label the factor that makes humans different from other animals and thus makes it not ok to kill them, occurs at the moment of conception.
However, if you put yourself in their shoes, you realise that their statements about rape are perfectly consistent. I despise the people who are anti-abortion but think that itís ok in cases of rape. What the **** kind of position is that to hold? If you think abortion is murder, then you canít ever say itís ok, no matter what the excuse is (the exception being if the motherís life were in immediate danger, in which case itís analogous to murder in self-defence).

Calling pro-lifers who say these things stupid is, in itself, moronic. If you understand their positions, it makes perfect sense to believe that women should carry their rapistís child.

Where they are stupid, is in their understanding of Biology. Many of them are wilfully ignorant of the facts of embryonic development, and much of the misunderstanding might be cleared up if they opened a bio textbook, but pro-choicers would want to be careful of throwing stones from that glasshouse.

primusfan 11-02-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
No, they quite possibly just genuinely care about this issue.

Look, Iím pro-choice, but the Abortion debate is such a cluster**** because no-one can be bothered to put themselves into the shoes of the other side. They speak completely different languages and thus donít understand one another.

Imagine for a second that you believe that human life, and all the rights that go with it, develop at conception. You believe the foetus to be a perfectly conscious human being, same as an infant. If you thought that, wouldnít you bring up Abortion all the ****ing time? Like, wouldnít it be all you talk about? I know if I thought that then thatíd be my single issue, because it would take a huge issue to outweigh what I would then consider to be the wilful slaughter of defenceless babies.

Pro-choice people donít see that, because we donít consider that consciousness, or sentience, or whatever you wish to label the factor that makes humans different from other animals and thus makes it not ok to kill them, occurs at the moment of conception.
However, if you put yourself in their shoes, you realise that their statements about rape are perfectly consistent. I despise the people who are anti-abortion but think that itís ok in cases of rape. What the **** kind of position is that to hold? If you think abortion is murder, then you canít ever say itís ok, no matter what the excuse is (the exception being if the motherís life were in immediate danger, in which case itís analogous to murder in self-defence).

Calling pro-lifers who say these things stupid is, in itself, moronic. If you understand their positions, it makes perfect sense to believe that women should carry their rapistís child.

Where they are stupid, is in their understanding of Biology. Many of them are wilfully ignorant of the facts of embryonic development, and much of the misunderstanding might be cleared up if they opened a bio textbook, but pro-choicers would want to be careful of throwing stones from that glasshouse.

I don't know that they are ignorant to the facts of embryonic development so much as they disagree on the inferences to be made from those facts. A fetus is most certainly a human being; the question is, as someone pointed out here in a debate a long time ago, is it a human person? To me that's more of a philosophical question that neither side can truly be "correct" on. The analogy I hear from many pro-lifers is not that a fetus is a human person necessarily, but that because we cannot know as a matter of fact we ought to err on the side of safety and assume it's a person.

Enigmatic564 11-02-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
Does this political party literally go out and advertise: "******S! IGNORANT ******S NEEDED! IF YOU'RE ******ED, COME AND HELP US CAUSE PROBLEMS FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD!"

I'd vote for that party

RealGuitarHero 11-02-2012 10:31 AM

The Tea Party hopefully is collapsing. People like this and Akin and Mourdock saying stupid stuff on live television. Michele Bachmann is most likely going to lose her seat in congress as well.