UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Lefthand Gear (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1571396)

jamesoholic 11-04-2012 02:20 PM

Lefthand Gear

Hi guys,
ive searched alot to somehow collect usefull information about a decent guitar + an decent amp but the point is that im lefthanded so the selection is alot smaller for me.
I just canīt go to the store and test the guitars im interested to because ..well alot of stores have only 2-5 lefthand guitars and only the ep les paul or squir strat and tele and thats it.
well i have close to zero knowledge about ampīs but i just know that good guitars sound crap when playing with shi* ampīs but i dont want something big since i can only play on low volume at home.
I need your help to prevent purchase mistakes and save some cash.
i have about 1000€ i can spend *maybe a bit more* and well to help you to make it easier to help me *lol* ill tell you what kind of sounds i wish from my gear:
i really love the les paul *slash/gnr* sound!
i also like soome kinds of metal.
All kinds of rock..
I also like some jazz..well i guess i like all kinds of mucis except country music lol..not Alot of friends told me that super strat with the hsh pickups offer alot and help to play tons of styles but again i have no clue if thats really true but ive searched alot and found this nice guitars with the hsh build like : Ibanez RG870, hagstrom xl5.
they are not cheap but well they dont have to be :P
so what i want to know from you is:
can you help me to find some nice stuff for 1000€
what kind of guitar do you recommend for my needs * guess its not that hard since i only dont like country..nothing against that music btw but its just not my taste*
Are the guitars i talked about a good choice? any experience with them?
can you help me to find an good amp * again dont need so much volume but the sound shoulndīt bee totaly shi* ( someone told me about the peavey vypyr 30 or something)
+ i hate the epiphones and squirs because ..again nothing against them but they are just not my taste..the lefthanded models look to cheap and like toys TO ME..no hate.
so help me please!
thanks!
sorry for telling long story and for my bad english skills!

thebestjoe 11-04-2012 02:35 PM

Every Schecter is made in a lefty version, although that route may be a problem as I hear they're much more expensive in non-American countries.

As for the amp, the Peavey Viper will probably be heavily recommended, but I suggest taking a look at Fender Mustangs too.

monwobobbo 11-04-2012 02:43 PM

have you considered playing rightie? you have way more options now that i did back in the late 70s when leftie guitars were pretty rare. after a year of playing flipped righties i said screw it and started to play rightie. so far that has worked out pretty well for me. just a thought.

jamesoholic 11-04-2012 02:49 PM

yea i forced myself to do so but i just couldnīt live with it. my acoustics are all lefties so i dont really think about changing everything :S

jamesoholic 11-04-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebestjoe
Every Schecter is made in a lefty version, although that route may be a problem as I hear they're much more expensive in non-American countries.

As for the amp, the Peavey Viper will probably be heavily recommended, but I suggest taking a look at Fender Mustangs too.

wow now im really overwhelmed since they have tons of guitars xD i have no clue where to start..the hellraiserīs,damien elite and omen extreme do indeed attract my attention.

Edit: i guessthe standard c-1 in black cherry could be nice but it doesnt have the hsh build i was looking for , like the ibanezrg870 ( but im not sure about the v neck here since ive never tried one)

dannyalcatraz 11-04-2012 05:45 PM

Check out Godin- they have HSS and HSH configurations, and I know that some of their guitars are available as Lefties.

Another company to look at would be Tradition- AFAIK, all of their models are available as Lefties (for a +$100 upcharge).

krehzeekid 11-04-2012 06:43 PM

I actually own the RG870, and I would caution you against it. It is not a bad guitar, and I love mine to death, but I wouldn't dare have one as my only/main guitar unless I played only metal. the neck is just too thin and flat to be a true all-purpose guitar.

Schecters are definitely worth a look (get coil taps on the pickups instead of an HSH configuration- it's a very small compromise).

also, a little bit of grammar and some spaces would make your post much easier to read and understand. easier to understand posts = more answers.

dannyalcatraz 11-04-2012 07:45 PM

G&L might also be worth a look for lefty Superstrats.

Fernandes makes the kind of guitar you're looking for, but I don't know if they make Lefties.

jamesoholic 11-04-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krehzeekid
I actually own the RG870, and I would caution you against it. It is not a bad guitar, and I love mine to death, but I wouldn't dare have one as my only/main guitar unless I played only metal. the neck is just too thin and flat to be a true all-purpose guitar.

Schecters are definitely worth a look (get coil taps on the pickups instead of an HSH configuration- it's a very small compromise).
also, a little bit of grammar and some spaces would make your post much easier to read and understand. easier to understand posts = more answers.

thank thats some usefull information.
I guess i wont take the ibanez than since im not only into metal. Indeed schecter has some really nice guitars and ill colllect some more information about them and about the coil taps.
Again sorry for my bad english.

jamesoholic 11-05-2012 07:02 PM

ok guys thx again for help, guess ill get the rg370dx and spend the rest of the money for purchasing an good amp!