UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   NGD - Awesome Agile Content! *56K up in dis* (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1571715)

Tango616 11-06-2012 04:36 PM

NGD - Awesome Agile Content! *56K up in dis*

Hey guys, I found this in my Long & McQuades down the road. This guitar would normally go for around $1,100 or so if I went direct from rondo, so I got this used for just under $800. I think it was a good deal, this thing feels awesome, Review later, but for now, PICTURES!!! (Sorry for the massive pictures btw took them from my phone)

PLEASE IGNORE THE SHITTY FILTERS

Didn't have time to figure them out before I lost sunlight to take the pictures :haha:

Well here's my review.

First of all here are the specs:

Super Strat basswood body and flame maple top
5-pc Maple neck
Ebony Fretboard w/no inlays
24 jumbo frets
Seymour Duncan blackouts
Hipshot bridge
1 vol, 1 tone, 3 way toggle
7 in line Grover tuners on obviously an agile headstock

So, I walked into my local music store and just browsing along and I saw a body I've never really seen, I looked to the headstock only to see "Agile". Wanting one of these for quite some time but never had the chance to play one. So someone bought this from Rondo and decided to sell it for whatever reason. So sitting down with this for a few hours and fell in love with it. The neck was chunky, not as thin as I figured they would be, BUT, I don't mind at all really, I like the feel of it, it feels very natural, reminds me of a Schecter neck. So I threw it on layaway and started chipping away at it for the past month or so, and she's finally all mine.

Now, I'm more of a passive pickup kind of guy, BUT, these blackouts are awesome, I'll be doing the 18v mod on them whenever I can, but for now, they're actually very impressive compared to the countless EMG's I've tried. I really like the tuning stability with this thing, and it balances perfectly when standing with a strap. I have great upper fret access, and the heel is super comfortable.

So anyways, just wanted to share my new baby, as it's replaces my prototype schecter omen extreme 7, but I'm very happy with this thing, and I would highly reccomend this to anyone looking for a killer 7 string, but willing to step up their budget a little. I've had basically no experiece with Agile, or rondo at all up until this point, and I was worried the craftsmen ship would be a little iffy. But after very close inspection, the craftsmenship is quite top notch, I'm VERY impressed with how well this is built, and constructed. Flawless. So hope you guys enjoy the pictures, I'm off to go play this some more, Can't seem to put it down.

Cheers guys! :cheers:

GazzaCee 11-06-2012 04:41 PM

That is one sexy 7 string.

HNGD!

Showiddlydiddly 11-06-2012 05:10 PM

Sh*t's tasty, yo'.

HGND!

jeleopard 11-06-2012 05:12 PM

The filters you used make it very hard to... actually look at the guitar....

HNGD, none the less.

lemurflames 11-06-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeleopard

HNGD, none the less.

Agreed. :(

HNGD.

NosralTserrof 11-06-2012 05:49 PM

Btw, you can't do a 18v mod on Blackouts.

HNGD though!

Dave_Mc 11-06-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeleopard

HNGD, none the less.

+1, what colour is it? :haha

it's actually very nice, though :)

dannyalcatraz 11-06-2012 06:07 PM

HNGD!

And, filters aside, nice composition on the last shot.

Heideck 11-06-2012 08:57 PM

I love that finish, HNGD

Ippon 11-06-2012 09:14 PM

Nice top! Congrats!

:cheers:

Tom 1.0 11-06-2012 09:25 PM

Very cool mate :D

HNGD!

Tango616 11-06-2012 09:49 PM

Sorry for the filter, couldn't figure it out in time before the Sun got blocked. Haha, the guitar is black though guys sorry :haha thanks though everyone. :cheers:

SYLrules88 11-06-2012 10:33 PM

nice pics, and that flame veneer is killer!! how lucky to come across an agile 7 in a store too! congrats man, enjoy her! :cheers:

Tango616 11-06-2012 10:39 PM

Thanks guys! :cheers:

EDIT: Oh yeah, yes you can do the 18v mod to blackouts, you can do it with any active pickups.

gregs1020 11-06-2012 10:44 PM

very nice! :cheers:

VVolverin3 11-06-2012 11:15 PM

Awesome man! It would be awesome if the back of the neck was actually purple, looks sweet. I'm also very fond of blackouts, would be very interested in hearing your impressions on the difference the 18v mod makes.

Tango616 11-07-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVolverin3
Awesome man! It would be awesome if the back of the neck was actually purple, looks sweet. I'm also very fond of blackouts, would be very interested in hearing your impressions on the difference the 18v mod makes.

Yeah man, I'll get some clips later on when I'm ready to do the mod of the before and after clips. :cheers:

Dave_Mc 11-07-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango616
Sorry for the filter, couldn't figure it out in time before the Sun got blocked. Haha, the guitar is black though guys sorry :haha thanks though everyone. :cheers:

griffin888 11-07-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
+1, what colour is it? :haha

I thought it was just me. lol

It is a nice guitar man, congrats.