UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Is Squier VM Jaguar Bass any good? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1571742)

calculusluv 11-06-2012 06:26 PM

Is Squier VM Jaguar Bass any good?

Hi folks,

I've been playing the electric guitar for a while, and I want to try out the bass as well.
I play mostly classic rock and some Japanese rock, but no metal.
Is this bass a good beginner friendly instrument? Also, as for my amp, I will be using my guitar amp with headphones, so it doesnt screw up my speakers.

Thanks in advance.

iwannabesedated 11-06-2012 06:44 PM

Been using it as my main bass for almost a year. Highly recommended.

GAPendragon 11-06-2012 07:55 PM

Squier VMs are all good.

Sudaka 11-06-2012 07:59 PM

Highly recommendable bass. Still, I'd like to tell you that the more basses you can try out, the better. Try all of the basses you can find that fit your budget, even some that may exceed your budget, so you can get a wider picture of the differences between basses.

I'd recommend you to try the aforementioned VM Jaguar, but also VM Precision and Jazz bass, and Classic Vibe Precision and Jazz bass, all of them from Squier. Other basses you might find interesting are Yamahas (light, versatile, and incredible value for your money) Peavey (also very nice overall), Ibanez (I dislike them, but their are high regarded, and light), and some Corts (nice active options, and i find them comfortable). I may be forgetting some basses, but that's pretty much it. Enjoy the research, it's a great experience.

watchingmefall 11-06-2012 10:21 PM

Squier really hit the nail on the head with the VM series. Bang for the buck.

_ThePanda_ 11-07-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudaka
Highly recommendable bass. Still, I'd like to tell you that the more basses you can try out, the better. Try all of the basses you can find that fit your budget, even some that may exceed your budget, so you can get a wider picture of the differences between basses.

I'd recommend you to try the aforementioned VM Jaguar, but also VM Precision and Jazz bass, and Classic Vibe Precision and Jazz bass, all of them from Squier. Other basses you might find interesting are Yamahas (light, versatile, and incredible value for your money) Peavey (also very nice overall), Ibanez (I dislike them, but their are high regarded, and light), and some Corts (nice active options, and i find them comfortable). I may be forgetting some basses, but that's pretty much it. Enjoy the research, it's a great experience.

+1 to this.

risk182 11-11-2012 10:16 AM

I've had this bass for a while and it's my main player, it really is an amazing value, since you get 2 basses in one - a P bass, one half of a Jazz, and a combination of the two, which is it's own thing. This exact versitality is why I got it instead of a Jazz or a P.