UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tabs & Chords (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   "TOTAL F(U)CKING NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST" (Deathgrind) C4C (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1571798)

piratemetalhead 11-07-2012 05:51 AM

"TOTAL F(U)CKING NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST" (Deathgrind) C4C

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished writing the first song for my new project The Sick F(u)cks! This one is called "Total F(u)cking Nuclear Holocaust)", first time writing some intense brutal metal for a long time... first time writing anything for a long time actually haha.

I could call this one a multitude of silly things... Manic Speedcore, Brutal Thrashgrind, Slampunk (I like this one actually), Hardcore Shredfvck, list goes on lol. But to be serious, my heart was in grindcore and brutal death metal the whole time, so I think I'll just say this one's deathgrind!

I was really trying to give it a real raw, gritty, greasy "hardcore" feel, while giving it the deadly speed metal precision of a bullet hell shooter video game set on hell mode. My goal was just to throw away any pretensions and just trying to capture the most insane and manic spirits of bipolar disorder!

Big influences include Gridlink, Pig Destroyer, Suffocation, Cattle Decapitation, The Melvins (not going to lie, I did accidentally rip off one of their most known riffs :( ), and Slayer (who I don't actually listen to much, but I was going for that Slayer feel near the end).

Hope you guys like!

EpiExplorer 11-07-2012 05:58 AM

Rofl, Ometh would like this.

I'm not gonna lie, not a fan of the riffs. Too simple, and they use that same old 0 1 4 5 7 8 11 12 thing. The flow is flawless though, really pulled it off there. Consider having a Man Must Die/Cattle Decapitation style melodic section somewhere.

About 1:33 at this song

show

Mind_Reader7 11-07-2012 08:26 AM

I hate that whole side of metal, but that was wicked. I guess vocals can kill it.

pinguinpanic 11-07-2012 09:47 AM

Pretty brootal already. If you want to go full brootal you will need to work a bit more on the drums, they are good but not totally brutal in my opinion. Some blastbeats would fit in nice and some insane fills seem necesairy. The song flows nice though!

Ometh 11-07-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Rofl, Ometh would like this.

:haha:

I also love that this is the second time you posted that MMD song, fanboy much?
I am also too lol, I specially love their first album.

We don't really get death/grind posted here very often (aside from my stuff lol), so I'm gonna give a full crit :)

INTRO: Tbh I'm not really a fan of this kind of octave riffs, but they work pretty well as a prelude to madness, with the snare fills going all over the place. Maybe it's the tuning: I retuned the guitar to A# (one of my favorite tunings) and it sounds da br00tz. Talking about tunings, was not expecting Drop D, not everyones choice for their grindy madness that's for shure. RIFF 1 is koo', the blast on the variation is a bit odd but the riff itself is fine. I like how the riff changed octaves in every repetition and ended up with a nice shred lick that works pretty well as a transition. Return of the intro, this time around with some nice blasts behind it.

[RANDOMCRAP] Completely off-topic, but it reminded me of this:

They're a portuguese deathgrind band, pretty coo'. Not the best ever but they shure get you pumped. Maybe you should check them out lol, since their sound on this record is very similar to this song. They're one of the bigger bands here for shure, and from what I know they put one hell of a show. And their lyrics are in Portuguese, so that's also pretty sick. [RANDOMCRAP/]

Okaaaaaay. By now the lack of bass is kind of getting on my nerves a bit, since on a GP form the bass can make a shitload of a difference. You said PD was one of your main influences, so I guess you were going for the "no bass" route, which is cool lol, I'd do the same. The bridge is pretty nice. Like the breif return to the first riff only to be derailed by a nice fat slam. You should consider using a lower tuning, since it'd sound alot beefier. I like the accelerando from 88 and 89, and now the PD influences come into play, with a nice groovy riff that could've been taken from Prowler In The Yard. It then goes into chug chug territory for a while before ending abruptly, and I wouldn't expect another ending lol. Overall, 7.5/10.

EDIT: I hope I don't get banned for the putrid boobie up there ^

amonamarthmetal 11-07-2012 11:27 AM

it sounds too hollow, need to add more instruments man. unless you were going for this sound.

piratemetalhead 11-07-2012 05:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys (keep them coming :p: )

I was going for a real simple primitive bludgeoning sound here, partly because it was the fastest way to get the music from my head to my hands haha! My band is actually me, my bassist friend who will also do vocals, and my drummer. I didn't write any bass down because I still haven't 100% gone through the bass parts with my bassist. And there's no way my drummer can play like this, though I wish he could haha. I play in drop D because I still need to play in standard when I'm playing with some other guys, but I've played as low as Drop B before... hesitant to go any lower though :p:

Holocausto Canibal sounds absolutely brutal by the way! Never heard of them before. My drum parts (and the whole song actually) was very inspired by Gridlink's debut "Amber Gray", whose guitarist actually plays in E standard!

Ometh 11-07-2012 06:35 PM

^ Shit, I didn't know that they played in E. That's pretty cool for a grind band I gotta say.
Nice that you dug HC: I had a chance to see them supporting Cannibal Corpse and I butchered it :(

NosferatuZodd09 11-11-2012 12:48 AM

pretty savage stuff man I found it actually fairly enjoyable, I generally don't like octave riffs of that nature but they were well done and indeed the flow was great. Good stuff mang. and erm nice tit on that girl hahaha. Intestine Baalism have sometimes sections like these you should check out say.. The Massacre, Agony in the Stone Chamber, Longing For Birth, Born But Buried, Flesh for the Twelfth Omnipotent and their first album haha

riff one is pure awesomeness, also this sounds pretty pro mang good job

King ofKumbucha 11-14-2012 01:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like it! Not a fan of every riff but I think most of my issues lie in the tempos of the first half of the song. Check it out in Drop C with my tempo adjustments. Just a suggestion. Great stuff either way.