UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Show off licks for the stage !!! (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1571971)

Nuhiro_Masuda 11-08-2012 10:03 AM

Show off licks for the stage !!!
 
Hey guys,

I'm excited 'cause me and my Band After Years of Hope are hitting the stage for the first time.
And we're doing a part where each of us is going to be introduced and somehow shows his skills. I'm more into writing riffs and just began writing solos, so I would like to learn some licks, tricks, etc... to "show off" on stage.
Don't get me wrong, I'm usually resererved and not this kind of show off prick... :haha:
... so yeah
Please give me some suggestions, tabs, vids, etc...

thx in advance

Nuhiro Masuda

slapsymcdougal 11-08-2012 10:04 AM


chestercheetah 11-08-2012 10:08 AM

do that one hand hammer on pulloff thing and them follow it by muting the strings with your picking hand and tapping sweeps with your fretting hand its easier than actual sweeps and the chicks dig that shit. :shrug: :cheers:

sam b 11-08-2012 10:09 AM

I know !!!!
 
smoke on the water

cptcomet 11-08-2012 10:11 AM

Just do a Hendrix-esque bend lick in e blues or something.

Ian_the_fox 11-08-2012 10:13 AM

Learn to solo with the guitar above your head.

Learn the Dimebag's signature whammy squeals.

Just learn to sweep pick, period. Nothing complex required.


Pulling off any of these on stage will make you look like a virtuoso to extremely stupid people. I know from experience. ;)

whoomit 11-08-2012 10:13 AM

Modesty.

SG_dave 11-08-2012 10:16 AM

For those you generally want to start high and just pentatonic down the scale until you end on a natural. Lots of pull offs.

PaulyVengeance 11-08-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Learn to solo with the guitar above your head.

Learn the Dimebag's signature whammy squeals.

Just learn to sweep pick, period. Nothing complex required.


Pulling off any of these on stage will make you look like a virtuoso to extremely stupid people. I know from experience. ;)



It's harsh when people make you look stupid on stage huh?

SuperKid 11-08-2012 10:17 AM

sweeping and paul gilbert licks wont get you any female sex organ
try an emotional song

red_hot_chili18 11-08-2012 10:21 AM

Learn to Whammy WITHOUT a Whammy Bar :o:

jugglingfreak 11-08-2012 10:21 AM



This, obviously..

theogonia777 11-08-2012 10:23 AM

Fact: the most impressive thing that you could do is not play mediocre metalcore.

chestercheetah 11-08-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hot_chili18
Learn to Whammy WITHOUT a Whammy Bar :o:


this.

tukk04 11-08-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
Fact: the most impressive thing that you could do is not play mediocre metalcore.

:haha: Yes this

J-Dawg158 11-08-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuhiro_Masuda
I'm more into writing riffs and just began writing solos, so I would like to learn some licks, tricks, etc... to "show off" on stage.


This trick is a little dated, but still drives non-guitar players wild.



Edit: Oh and a cool lick

shunks 11-08-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg158
This trick is a little dated, but still drives non-guitar players wild.




Do this a thousand times over XD

Mr Winters 11-08-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg158
Edit: Oh and a cool lick


wat

intheshadowplay 11-08-2012 10:51 AM

I'd recommend someone playing a first show not get cute. Flashy is fine if you've got it on lock-down, but one ****ed up lick will set you way back.

red_hot_chili18 11-08-2012 10:54 AM

Focus on playing your songs....


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.