UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Songs That Remind You Of Your Youth (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1572125)

metacarpi 11-09-2012 06:59 AM

Songs That Remind You Of Your Youth
 
I picked up a handful of old CDs and took them for a spin yesterday - one of these was S.C.I.E.N.C.E by Incubus.

I get to the track "A Certain Shade of Green", and suddenly I'm transported back 9 years to being 17, and going to the local rock club, getting smashed, and rocking out to that track.

Ah, nostalgia.

So Pit, what tracks take you back to fond memories of yesteryear?

slash_GNR666 11-09-2012 07:02 AM

B*Witched - C'est La Vie

Babylon Zoo - Spaceman

geetarguy13 11-09-2012 07:06 AM

Cold as ice by foreigner, what is love by haddaway, separate ways by journey, all 80's songs that we played over and over my freshman year in college and made music videos to them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqEGvUonNOU&feature=plcp

JackalUK 11-09-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
I get to the track "A Certain Shade of Green", and suddenly I'm transported back 9 years to being 17, and going to the local rock club, getting smashed, and rocking out to that track.

Ah, nostalgia.

So Pit, what tracks take you back to fond memories of yesteryear?


Local 'rock' club (now plays dubstep and it's ilk for most of the night) plays the exact same shit it did years ago when I was in there at 16 (yes I am a total badass)

Once the last hours of being open roll up it goes back to things like SOAD, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, and the stuff around then.

Jyrgen 11-09-2012 07:12 AM

70's Queen records.

metacarpi 11-09-2012 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalUK
Local 'rock' club (now plays dubstep and it's ilk for most of the night) plays the exact same shit it did years ago when I was in there at 16 (yes I am a total badass)

Once the last hours of being open roll up it goes back to things like SOAD, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, and the stuff around then.


I might have to investigate further - I went in a couple of years back, and it was playing all dubstep and indie stuff, so I left fairly sharpish and went to the local pub. If they go all nostalgia on my ass later on in the night, I'll be in heaven!

cptcomet 11-09-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_GNR666
B*Witched - C'est La Vie



Haha that! And Robson and Jerome - What Becomes of a Broken Hearted.

Head Automatica - Beating Heart Baby takes me back to when I was about 15.

Also, Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl.

desperatechris 11-09-2012 07:17 AM



this.

raoooos 11-09-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_GNR666
B*Witched - C'est La Vie

Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss

Oh and

show

GuitarGod_92 11-09-2012 07:20 AM



I had the best childhood. :heart:

MinterMan22 11-09-2012 07:24 AM


Bob_Sacamano 11-09-2012 07:24 AM

The Middle - Jimmy Eat World, wasn't even a fan but damn that was huge
That I GET KNOCKED DOWN song
Linkin Park - In The End
Greenday - When I Come Around

Well these transport me to being 9, not teenage years.

slash_GNR666 11-09-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World, wasn't even a fan but damn that was huge
That I GET KNOCKED DOWN song
Linkin Park - In The End
Greenday - When I Come Around

Well these transport me to being 9, not teenage years.


ಠ_ಠ

If you don't know it's actual name please don't mention it

Chumbawamba - Tubthumping

Jyrgen 11-09-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinterMan22

That too even though I first heard it 2 years ago :haha: It's just such a nostalgic song

charlie__flynn 11-09-2012 07:56 AM

Dammit - Blink 182

whoomit 11-09-2012 08:00 AM

The Transplants self-titled album reminds me of Runescape.

That's the same? Right?...

chaoticfables 11-09-2012 08:01 AM

Sweet Child O'Mine, which is strange since I'm only 18. But at my first battle of the bands (I was like 14 at the time), 3 different bands played it and it has been a major part of my youth since

It was so utterly shit at the time ('omg this song again y')

guitargodofaus 11-09-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoooos

show


Yes!!! i remember being in kindergarten and listening to this. Brings back so many memories

Diamond Dave 11-09-2012 08:04 AM



EDIT: actually probably more this than that



and this also needs a mention lol


Swannie 11-09-2012 08:26 AM

I really loved Light My Fire by the Doors in elementary school


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:21 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.