UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anyone got Rocksmith Yet? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1572514)

varundbest 11-11-2012 12:43 PM

Anyone got Rocksmith Yet?

Well its a game like Guitar Hero but lets u hook in ur real electric guitar or bass.... Its certainly awesome!! i bought it recently and it certainly rocks!! any of ur experiences on it??

BerKaOz 11-11-2012 12:49 PM

it is very expensive in Istanbul.I'm looking for a cheap bundle to get a Gibson Guitar :D

mrsixstrings12 11-11-2012 01:28 PM

mine lags so much i cant play :(

BigZman95 11-11-2012 01:37 PM

Yeah mine also lags quite a bit. It is nice to teach someone to play a guitar in a more interesting way, but since I have been playing for a while it doesn't always keep me interested. I was also a bit disappointed with the set list.

Aays 11-11-2012 01:59 PM

To be honest I spent more time using the cable as a line in on my laptop for some quiet jams. You'd think it was made for that purpose because it sounds pretty great :)

RetroGunslinger 11-11-2012 02:00 PM

By jingo! It certainly is!

leony03 11-11-2012 02:05 PM

I want to get it but it only seems to work with the specified cable which kinda renders having a demo pointless. Also, the set list for me is pretty meh. Once they get some more songs, I might consider it.

JKHC 11-11-2012 02:33 PM

I have it and played it for a few hours on the first day. It's not that good TBH :/
The audio is laggy (I'm too lazy to switch from HDMI) and the game's concept of adjusting difficulty isn't useful at all.

FireFromTheVoid 11-11-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsixstrings12
mine lags so much i cant play :(

Can`t you like adjust it to compensate for any lag?
Atleast I think you can.

strat0blaster 11-11-2012 03:01 PM

Anything that says "Anyone can play guitar and bass!" on the front of it is a terrible product filled with hateful lies.

duck1992 11-11-2012 03:11 PM

I have it for the PC, and so far it's pretty cool! Its kinda weird to get used to how the fretboard is inverted from how tabs are usually read though.

and for everyone who's experiencing latency, here's some good info:

for the PC: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...th-on-PC-Forums

and for the consoles: http://www.thegamingvault.com/2011/...h-lag-problems/

varundbest 11-11-2012 04:41 PM

I used the original cables provided with PS3 for audio through my home theater and hdmi for video with "Game" mode on my Sony Bravia so not any noticeable lag for me.... Works like a charm ;)

strat0blaster 11-11-2012 04:46 PM

Oh, and by the way, those are some sick Minnie Mouse sheets you're rockin there, man.

kharn_tb 11-11-2012 07:49 PM

I bought it and have had a ton of problems with it, it doesn't pick up the pups I was originally playing it with, and only did moderately well with a set of HZs.

leesops 11-11-2012 07:58 PM

Mine works great just wish there was more metal songs.

davidrf 11-11-2012 08:05 PM

I reviewed Rocksmith for a videogame magazine.

I think you should never use Rocksmith as your one and only learning tool. It lacks lots of fundamentals and could lead to extremely bad habits. Not cool.

I find it useful and funny as a "supporting tool". An "extra" you can use when you don't feel like doing a proper practice. This way, it's cool.

Anyway, your main learning source should be a real guitar course or, even better, a teacher in real life. Using Rocksmith only is pure madness, IMHO :)

WholeLottaIzzy 11-12-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrf

I think you should never use Rocksmith as your one and only learning tool. It lacks lots of fundamentals and could lead to extremely bad habits. Not cool.

I find it useful and funny as a "supporting tool". An "extra" you can use when you don't feel like doing a proper practice. This way, it's cool.

Anyway, your main learning source should be a real guitar course or, even better, a teacher in real life. Using Rocksmith only is pure madness, IMHO :)

I've also got the game and I agree with this.

It's fun, but I haven't played it too much. I've got a habit of learning the song as well as I can before moving on, so it's a allow game for me. But I very rarely play my Xbox anyway.

varundbest 11-12-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
Oh, and by the way, those are some sick Minnie Mouse sheets you're rockin there, man.

I knew someone would comment on that! Actually my mom changed the sheets as i spilled ketchup on old ones and left home like that only!!! And i was too lazy to change those minnie mouse Bullsh*t....

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrf

Yeah, i have many books, its a good and fun source of practicing....

varundbest 11-12-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholeLottaIzzy
I've also got the game and I agree with this.

It's fun, but I haven't played it too much. I've got a habit of learning the song as well as I can before moving on, so it's a allow game for me. But I very rarely play my Xbox anyway.

It gives you a good hold or fretboard according to me.... Btw, sexy avatar you've got over there....

PluckingGood 11-14-2012 09:41 AM

I've got it for xbox. I've played guitar for many years but have been out of it for a while. I'm finding it good for building up a bit of a repertoire after forgetting nearly everything I used to play. I'm actually really enjoying it, but then I enjoy gaming anyway so playing guitar and getting scored for it is like a double bonus.