UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands & Artists (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I deteste Green Day, Drowning Pool, Avenged Sevenfold, U2...add yours..... (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1573106)

devideva 11-15-2012 08:58 AM

I deteste Green Day, Drowning Pool, Avenged Sevenfold, U2...add yours.....
 
Why?

Bono sounds like someones grandmother getting raped
Green Day are sadly self agrandizing for insipid popukepunk
Avenged Sevenfold - is that ****ing vomit breath singing
Drowning Poll - ditto above

_____
:devil:
--------

GaryBillington 11-15-2012 09:00 AM

Don't listen to them then.

Subjective thread is subjective.

InstantAXonHero 11-15-2012 09:21 AM

Care to share any more wisdom with us champ?

punkforlife93 11-15-2012 09:24 AM

What's wrong with Drowning Pool? Their guitar parts are really dynamic.

a_7_x 11-15-2012 10:10 AM

I should have my username changed to vomit breath.

deadlydictator 11-15-2012 10:15 AM

I got a lot of bands/artists i hate but I'm not going to make a thread about it, thats just being a douche.

risk182 11-15-2012 10:18 AM

Well, expressing your dislike of bands isn't really meaningful to me. If you don't like an artist or a band just don't listen to them, you aren't proving anything and it certainly doesn't make you more interesting.

captainsnazz 11-15-2012 10:23 AM

I give it ten minutes before you're banned

Mr Winters 11-15-2012 10:25 AM

And we care because...?

theogonia777 11-15-2012 10:35 AM

TS is right. In fact, music is all terrible. All of it. In fact, here are just a few:

those silly Suffocation guys and their silly Lawn Guyland accents.

Sunn O))) just sounds like someone left the air conditioner on all day.

that Earl Scruggs, he plays the same damn lick in every song ever.

Shawn Lane just plays too fast. too many notes, and he's fat.

that Buckethead guy just has the bucket as a gimmick, that's all.

if you switched 2 Cannibal Corpse songs in the middle, who'd notice?

stupid Brain Drill, it's just mindless diminished 7th arpeggios and blasts!

Ahab only ever plays slow because they suck and can't play fast!

King Diamond sounds like a silly little Justin Bieber wannabe when he sings.

Allan Holdsworth didn't really play all those tuplets, he was just out of time!

Chet Atkins played clean because he was sloppy and couldn't handle distortion.

Ornette Coleman's playing sounds like a flock of seagulls... and not the band.

John Coltrane improvised his solos because he wasn't good enough to learn them.

Mick Barr has never realized that the point of music is to not sound like shit.

Bill Monroe must have been a real dick cause he had so many people leave his band.

Bolt Thrower actually let a girl in their band, probably because they are nerds.

Stevie Ray Vaughan was real sloppy and he ripped off Jimi Hendrix.

Behold... the Arctopus never realized that more strings does not equal better.

Hayseed Dixie can't even write original songs, so they have no talent.

Obscura is just a ripoff of Necrophagist, they have half the same members.

Shamaatae is a loser because he can't get anyone to play in Arckanum.

Creed flat out sucks.

whoomit 11-15-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
TS is right. In fact, music is all terrible. All of it. In fact, here are just a few:

those silly Suffocation guys and their silly Lawn Guyland accents.

Sunn O))) just sounds like someone left the air conditioner on all day.

that Earl Scruggs, he plays the same damn lick in every song ever.

Shawn Lane just plays too fast. too many notes, and he's fat.

that Buckethead guy just has the bucket as a gimmick, that's all.

if you switched 2 Cannibal Corpse songs in the middle, who'd notice?

stupid Brain Drill, it's just mindless diminished 7th arpeggios and blasts!

Ahab only ever plays slow because they suck and can't play fast!

King Diamond sounds like a silly little Justin Bieber wannabe when he sings.

Allan Holdsworth didn't really play all those tuplets, he was just out of time!

Chet Atkins played clean because he was sloppy and couldn't handle distortion.

Ornette Coleman's playing sounds like a flock of seagulls... and not the band.

John Coltrane improvised his solos because he wasn't good enough to learn them.

Mick Barr has never realized that the point of music is to not sound like shit.

Bill Monroe must have been a real dick cause he had so many people leave his band.

Bolt Thrower actually let a girl in their band, probably because they are nerds.

Stevie Ray Vaughan was real sloppy and he ripped off Jimi Hendrix.

Behold... the Arctopus never realized that more strings does not equal better.

Hayseed Dixie can't even write original songs, so they have no talent.

Obscura is just a ripoff of Necrophagist, they have half the same members.

Shamaatae is a loser because he can't get anyone to play in Arckanum.

Creed flat out sucks.

What's wrong with Hank Williams?

FireFromTheVoid 11-15-2012 10:37 AM

^How long did it take you to write that?

And TS, I assume you did research into what raping a grandmother sounds like?

theogonia777 11-15-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
What's wrong with Hank Williams?


Hank Sr died too young so he obviously wasn't good, Hank Jr couldn't pronounce the word "wine" properly, and Hank III doesn't like my girl Taylor Swift and thinks he's tr00 punxx when he clearly isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
^How long did it take you to write that?

And TS, I assume you did research into what raping a grandmother sounds like?


I copied and pasted it from a thread from a year ago, but it took me maybe like twenty minutes back then. I really have no idea.

whoomit 11-15-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
Hank Sr died too young so he obviously wasn't good, Hank Jr couldn't pronounce the word "wine" properly, and Hank III doesn't like my girl Taylor Swift and thinks he's tr00 punxx when he clearly isn't.

Damn.

What about Avril Livigne?

Or my other new found love, Gwen Stefani?

theogonia777 11-15-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
Damn.

What about Avril Livigne?

Or my other new found love, Gwen Stefani?


I don't know, because they are not my girls.

whoomit 11-15-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
I don't know, because they are not my girls.

Okay. So what's terrible about Taylor Swift?

Is it just the last two singles?

theogonia777 11-15-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
Okay. So what's terrible about Taylor Swift?

Is it just the last two singles?


There was that one time when she was playing live and she played banjo but it was a 6 string which is cheating. In that new video one of the animals plays an autoharp and one of them plays a lap steel like a regular guitar, and neither of those instruments are in that song.

whoomit 11-15-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
There was that one time when she was playing live and she played banjo but it was a 6 string which is cheating. In that new video one of the animals plays an autoharp and one of them plays a lap steel like a regular guitar, and neither of those instruments are in that song.

Oh God. You're right. That was horrible :(

:down:

Elderer 11-15-2012 11:22 AM

Biffy Clyro
Avenged Sevenfold

strat0blaster 11-15-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
Creed flat out sucks.

What? How can you honestly say that this sucks?



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.