UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Recordings (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Guitar Center Black Friday Recording Deals (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1573177)

lockwolf 11-15-2012 06:00 PM

Guitar Center Black Friday Recording Deals

Hey guys, I got my ad from Guitar Center for Black Friday. Its pretty small but here are all the deals for recording:

Software
NI's Komplete 8 Elements - $20
NI's Komplete 8 - $400
NI's Komplete 8 Ultimate - $800
Celemony's Melodyne Essentials - $40
Antares Vocal Express - $100
Ableton EDM Bundle - $600

Interfaces
Presonus Audiobox Limited Edition White - $100
The Complete Desktop Recording Studio w/ Mac Mini - $1000 (Regular price :p)

Mics & Stuff
Shure SM48 (The SM58's ****** little brother) - $25 (Doorbuster)
Sterling Audio's SP50 & SP30 combo - $70
KRK Rokit 5's in White - $100 Each ($200 for pair)
Auralex Audio Acoustic Foam Engineers Pack - $50
AKG K44 MKII Headphones - $30
Sennheiser HD201 Headphones - $15 (Doorbuster)

Also, if you get the flyer (which means you probably already know this), theres a coupon for 15% off one item on Friday & one for 10% off one on Saturday. Of course, like anything with Guitar Center, there is a big ass list of things those coupons exclude & you can't combo it with something already on sale but you'll probably find something you can use with it.

So, pretty disappointing (minus the 15% off coupon). If I had the money, I'd go get Komplete Ultimate but thats about all that interests me.

MatrixClaw 11-15-2012 07:16 PM

The Desktop recording studio is the same price, because they can't discount Apple products.

Really want Komplete, but I don't have $400 to be dropping on software right now :(

lockwolf 11-16-2012 03:37 AM

Yeah, I know. Its just kinda funny since the way its put in the ad is that its a $3200 bundle for $1000. Its still a decent deal considering the Mac eats most of the cost & the rest is kinda thrown in.

I just wish the coupon wasn't so limited. Hell, you can't even buy a SM57 with it because Shure isn't participating.

jof1029 11-16-2012 06:52 PM

the only really decent deal i see there is the rokits. $200 for a half decent set of monitors is a good deal for most people on here. not the best deal, but if it gets people monitors instead of headphones :shrug:

FireHawk 11-16-2012 07:28 PM

Eh I may buy melodne essientials...just bought a house...short on cash :/

lockwolf 11-17-2012 04:00 AM

I've got Melodyne Essentials, came with my copy of Pro Tools. Its a great little program. Much better than Auto-Tune when it comes to pitch correction. Its pretty basic but at least you can edit the pitch via its software versus $100 for Auto Tune EFX where its automatic & mainly for the T-Pain Effect.

FireHawk 11-17-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwolf
I've got Melodyne Essentials, came with my copy of Pro Tools. Its a great little program. Much better than Auto-Tune when it comes to pitch correction. Its pretty basic but at least you can edit the pitch via its software versus $100 for Auto Tune EFX where its automatic & mainly for the T-Pain Effect.

Yeah I was wondering how good it was. Does anyone know if guitar center deals are only in store or online as well?