UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   The ability to hide threads. (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1573388)

MH400 11-17-2012 03:04 AM

The ability to hide threads.

I'm sick of "Only / Official" threads clogging up the first page of the Pit. I don't care for them, and never will. Let me hide them, please? I'm not the only one that wants this.

Zombee 11-17-2012 03:14 AM

I don't care.

metal4eva_22 11-17-2012 03:20 AM

Maybe we could have a section in the forums dedicated to "The Only X" threads? That way they won't clog up the front page of the pit and leave the newer threads open.

GazzaCee 11-17-2012 08:35 AM

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

whoomit 11-17-2012 08:54 AM

Hide function would be nice.

I don't think moving them into another sub-forum makes sense. Two off-topic forums? Naaah.

adamgur96 11-17-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
Hide function would be nice.

I don't think moving them into another sub-forum makes sense. Two off-topic forums? Naaah.

Basically this.

And this have been suggested so many times already, idk why we don't have this yet....

theogonia777 11-18-2012 12:24 PM

Wow, how has nobody suggested this yet? You would think that there would be a thread about this at least once a week.

:rolleyes:

I seriously can't understand how it's possible for people to be so bothered by Only/Official threads at all, let alone to the point where they want to hide them/send them to another forum altogether. Are people really bothered by it? Is it really that big of a priority?

:wtf:

adamgur96 11-18-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
Wow, how has nobody suggested this yet? You would think that there would be a thread about this at least once a week.

Doesn't mean it isn't a good idea.

Quote:
I seriously can't understand how it's possible for people to be so bothered by Only/Official threads at all, let alone to the point where they want to hide them/send them to another forum altogether. Are people really bothered by it? Is it really that big of a priority?

Well, yeah.
I don't really post in Only/Official threads, and they're always on the first page, they do bother me and i would like to have an option to hide them, and so does alot of others.

swave75 11-18-2012 12:53 PM

Not a bad idea. Can't see it happening though.

MH400 11-18-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

:wtf:

Surely if people keep posting it, then people obviously want it? :rolleyes:

Give me 1 good reason that explains why I shouldn't be able to hide threads that are ALWAYS on the first page, that I don't care about.

mulefish 11-19-2012 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH400
Surely if people keep posting it, then people obviously want it? :rolleyes:

Give me 1 good reason that explains why I shouldn't be able to hide threads that are ALWAYS on the first page, that I don't care about.

If you are talking about stickies than there a plenty of reasons.
If you are talking about just normal threads like the 'only' threads for instance than it's probably a lot of effort in coding and such.
:shrug:

adamgur96 11-19-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulefish
If you are talking about stickies than there a plenty of reasons.
If you are talking about just normal threads like the 'only' threads for instance than it's probably a lot of effort in coding and such.
:shrug:

I have no idea in this so don't quote me on this, but i think it'd be like a personal sticky, only instead of sticking the thread on the first page it'll just put it on the last page :shrug:

whoomit 11-23-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96
I have no idea in this so don't quote me on this, but i think it'd be like a personal sticky, only instead of sticking the thread on the first page it'll just put it on the last page :shrug:

Chucking it onto the last page is genius. That way they can still be accessed as well if needs be.

bangerhead5 11-23-2012 03:13 PM

What about a hide thread function where if you dont want nothing to do with/see any thread of your choosing, why not have a enable/disable button next to said thread and activate/deactivate it at any time you might want to see/not see it again?

If that makes sense..

:bonk:

MH400 11-23-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
Chucking it onto the last page is genius. That way they can still be accessed as well if needs be.

So the coding would be relatively simple.

Use the personal sticky function, but instead of the first posts, code it for the last posts. Easy.

daytripper75 11-23-2012 06:27 PM

If it's something that could easily be programmed into the forums, I think it's a reasonable suggestion.

MH400 11-28-2012 06:44 AM

Why are the Russians ignoring this?

adamgur96 11-28-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

As a paranoid shitbag i have to say, that's paranoid.

MH400 11-28-2012 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96
As a paranoid shitbag i have to say, that's paranoid.

Nah. They post in this section on a regular basis. An observation, rather than Paranoia.

zappp 11-29-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

We've implemented said feature and hid the thread ;)

actually we already started working on it, though had to put back some resources during the process to finish another feature. stay tuned and don't get too paranoid.