UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fishing! (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1573469)

MH400 11-17-2012 05:51 PM

Fishing!
 
A hugely popular 'sport' across the world. Anyone here do it?

This is me when I was 16.


genghisgandhi 11-17-2012 05:52 PM

No I live in a developed country where we don't live hand to mouth.

Dreadnought 11-17-2012 05:52 PM

Only done it a few times in small freshwater areas of south Florida.

I'd love to have a boat though

StopReadingThis 11-17-2012 05:53 PM

I like to occasionally, but it seems like theres less 'fishing' and more 'hanging out on a boat drinkind beer and getting sunburnt'

Weaponized 11-17-2012 05:53 PM

Never been fishing :(

Bob_Sacamano 11-17-2012 05:54 PM

It's cool, I enjoy doing it when I can.

behind_you 11-17-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopReadingThis
I like to occasionally, but it seems like theres less 'fishing' and more 'hanging out on a boat drinkind beer and getting sunburnt'
BUI is against the law

LostLegion 11-17-2012 06:04 PM

I fish for mackerel every so often.

Thrill-house 11-17-2012 06:10 PM

I went with some friends once, it was the most boring thing I've ever done. I don't see how people can enjoy it after say 30 min.

Gerard_xD 11-17-2012 06:12 PM


Fishing sucks, face it :p:

lolmnt 11-17-2012 06:13 PM

I used to love fishing. I haven't done it in a while though.

Trowzaa 11-17-2012 06:13 PM

Are you the human or the fish?

I went fishing one. I didn't know what to do.

misty_b 11-17-2012 06:17 PM

Why would you fish for carp? Pretty lame unless you use a bow or a crossbow :/

High9 11-17-2012 08:01 PM

Man I love fishing I do it all summer long nothings better than spending a day out on a lake when nobody else is out there

genghisgandhi 11-17-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty_b
Why would you fish for carp? Pretty lame unless you use a bow or a crossbow :/

This post is so South Dakota.

Insanity ninja 11-17-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty_b
Why would you fish for carp? Pretty lame unless you use a bow or a crossbow :/


You might well call me a pussy for this, but inland in the UK carp are some of the easiest fish to catch that will give a decent fight. People fish for carp for the same reason they fish for anything else generally...

Oh, and not all of us want to kill a fish we won't eat. Here we tend to put them back so they can continue their fishy lives.

Megadeth136 11-17-2012 09:31 PM

Love it do it all the time!

MH400 11-18-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity ninja
You might well call me a pussy for this, but inland in the UK carp are some of the easiest fish to catch that will give a decent fight. People fish for carp for the same reason they fish for anything else generally...

Oh, and not all of us want to kill a fish we won't eat. Here we tend to put them back so they can continue their fishy lives.



Spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty_b
Why would you fish for carp? Pretty lame unless you use a bow or a crossbow :/



I'm English. Therefore, I worship Carp like Indians worship Cows. Or whatever it is.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard_xD

Fishing sucks, face it :p:



Hahaha... "If at first you don't succeed......."



So, I just got back from a session.

Catch report:


Started fishing: 12.05pm

3.5lb 1.15pm
3.75lb 3.00pm
3.5lb 3.10pm
2lb 4.25pm
3.5lb 4.30pm
2.75lb 5.15pm
3.25lb 5.25pm
1.5lb 6.10pm

Stopped fishing: 6.15pm.

All fish caught were Tench, and all fish were weighed.

FireFromTheVoid 11-18-2012 03:09 AM

I love fishing, but I seem to b the only person I know that doesn`t think fishing is code for getting drunk on a boat with fishing rods.

MH400 11-18-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
I love fishing, but I seem to b the only person I know that doesn`t think fishing is code for getting drunk on a boat with fishing rods.



Nah, I agree with you 100%.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.