UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   NGD! (natural beauty contents) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1574144)

Bladed-Vaults 11-21-2012 10:13 PM

NGD! (natural beauty contents)

a few days ago i posted about my need for pickups for a certain ltd f-2e model guitar.
I called ESP asking for a bit more info on the guitar and they sent me the stock pickups that came with the guitar FREE OF CHARGE! so +1 to esp customer service. they are emg-esp branded pickups. essentially just a set of HZ 4a with esps name on them. will still be upgraded but nice to be able to play this beauty now.
this guitar was origionally set to be 849 msrp. sold for 599. i picked it up mine iwth no electronics for 100 bucks!!! USD. and as I understand they were only made in 2007 around 450 being sold all together.. and what a fantastic peice of wood for the price!

ihartfood 11-21-2012 10:16 PM

oh, that is SEXY. Neck through, racing stripe, natural finish...I am really jealous. HNGuitarD! :cheers:

bubb_tubbs 11-21-2012 10:18 PM

Great wood grain, but blegh.

It's like taking parts from three gorgeous women and sewing them together to create Roseanne O'Connor.

Remnest 11-21-2012 10:22 PM

I love natural finishes, HNGD

ihartfood 11-21-2012 10:30 PM

I'll agree that the shape is fugly, but I get over that pretty quick with such a nice grain and finish.

Bladed-Vaults 11-21-2012 10:44 PM

lol thanks all. the f series isnt for everyone.. but its the perfect shape for the style of metal I play. sharp lines/aggressive... and every jackoff has a superstrat and les paul shape.. I like to walk on stage and be confidant noone else has seen such gear :)
sometime.. different is good... again its not foreveryone though lol.

tukk04 11-21-2012 11:31 PM

That's really cool that esp did that. BTW nice guitar man, the wood grain makes that shape. It's similar to a schechter 006 if it went through metal boot camp.

gumbilicious 11-21-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladed-Vaults
lol thanks all. the f series isnt for everyone.. but its the perfect shape for the style of metal I play. sharp lines/aggressive... and every jackoff has a superstrat and les paul shape..

that is why they make explorers and flying V's :p:

actually, i dig on it. good get. HNGD!

Offworld92 11-22-2012 12:10 AM

Oh my god, so jealous. And I don't even *like* the F shape. but that guitar for $100 is a *ridiculous* steal.

cdr_salamander 11-22-2012 12:18 AM

Sexy! HNGD!

Bladed-Vaults 11-22-2012 01:22 AM

i love "v"s to death.... own a dv8r se (love the dave haha) but i cant play em.... sitting down with a v is the same s trying to get busy in a Porsche.... sure its awesome... but awkward outweighs awesome.

greeny23 11-22-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:
450 being sold all together..

why?!

Bladed-Vaults 11-22-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny23
why?!

they were a special run guitar in the first place.

but they undersold anyway. I assume these couple of things.
its made in vietnam (thats scares people) but I can vouch for its quality... this thing is on par with my jap made ESP Horizon in build quality..

then. look at it. 5 layer neck. ebony board. floyed rose... thats one hell of a wood combo. and they only asked 599 sale price? "somethings gotta be wrong with it"

and........ its the f series. no major artists really ever endorsed it and sadly if no "good" guitarists plays it it must be shit.. I see bandwaggoning kill great guitars all the time.

greeny23 11-22-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:
they were a special run guitar in the first place.

but they undersold anyway. I assume these couple of things.
its made in vietnam (thats scares people) but I can vouch for its quality... this thing is on par with my jap made ESP Horizon in build quality..

then. look at it. 5 layer neck. ebony board. floyed rose... thats one hell of a wood combo. and they only asked 599 sale price? "somethings gotta be wrong with it"

and........ its the f series. no major artists really ever endorsed it and sadly if no "good" guitarists plays it it must be shit.. I see bandwaggoning kill great guitars all the time.

it's also icky.

Ippon 11-22-2012 02:03 AM

Nice grab! Congrats!

If I could snag one for $100, I'd hit it, then re-shape it. :)

:cheers:

Bladed-Vaults 11-22-2012 02:08 AM

TY ippon!

and I wish they would have offered this wood option for all the shapes.. id jump on an fx like this or even an ec.

R45VT 11-22-2012 02:18 AM

I love neck thru guitars. :cheers:

Bladed-Vaults 11-22-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
I love neck thru guitars. :cheers:

thanks! and yes. me too.

once ibanez makes a neck thru prestige... (shhh i just sinned amongts the ibby guys)
Ill go to the dark side :)

R45VT 11-22-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:
thanks! and yes. me too.

once ibanez makes a neck thru prestige... (shhh i just sinned amongts the ibby guys)
Ill go to the dark side :)

Don't hold your breath.

Get a Jackson soloist. You can find the professional series MIJ with thin necks for around 500. Great value.

That being said the quality on the LTDs I have played has been fantastic. I actually bought my younger brother a bolt on neck version like yours and he loves it. It plays like a dream and it was under $300.

Blktiger0 11-22-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:
i love "v"s to death.... own a dv8r se (love the dave haha) but i cant play em.... sitting down with a v is the same s trying to get busy in a Porsche.... sure its awesome... but awkward outweighs awesome.

I actually like V's sitting down because they promote a better playing posture, in that, the only way to play them sitting down is to put the "crotch" of the V straddling your right leg. This puts the picking area in a more centered position on your body, similar to when you play standing up. I find it hard to do this with my Les Paul.

They also make an attachment for V guitars that make them easier to play sitting down. I can't remember where I saw this, whowas selling it, and who made it, but I know it's out there. Just a simple, metal "wire" type thing.

HNPD :cheers:

Epic ESP Customer Service is Epic! They just got a HUGE boost in my book. I might buy my girlfriend that Silverburst EC1000 sooner than I thought.

Personally, I think your axe is sexy as hell. I think the shape is definitely out of the norm, and the woods and neck-thru takes that to a whole new level. I'm seriously jealous of that epic deal.