UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cover Songs (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Suicide Silence - Disengage Cover (No Vocals) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1574266)

KJHall 11-22-2012 03:39 PM

Suicide Silence - Disengage Cover

This is a cover I recorded today of Disengage by Suicide Silence.

http://soundcloud.com/mrkjhall/dise...suicide-silence

Two guitar tracks, one panned 90 Left and one panned 90 right. One bass track, mono. A kick drum track, mono. An overhead, snare track, stereo. A third guitar track for the background guitar during one part, centered. Recorded in Reaper. No mixing, some volume edits though.

It does have some buzzing near the end that I forgot to remove, but I don't think it takes away from the quality.

I felt this track came out very well. Please let me know what you think!

benjixoath 11-22-2012 03:49 PM

lol

...no vocals

PrimitiveGuitar 11-22-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjixoath
lol

...no vocals

Was going to say the same thing

EDIT: Had a listen, pretty choice aye. My only gripe is that the drums sound a bit out of place in the mix. especially the snare. but hey that's just my opinion
What guitar/amp did you use and how did you record it?

lol

KJHall 11-22-2012 05:49 PM

@benjixoath: I guess that could be confusing lol. I recorded the guitars and bass, and programmed the drums. I didn't do the vocals, so I titled it "No Vocals'.

@PrimitiveGuitar: Yeah, don't know the first thing about mixing. I used a Schecter 7 string and a Line 6 POD UX2 to record into REAPER.

/-Vince-\ 11-22-2012 06:27 PM

Mitch, the vocalist is dead...that's why lol at ''no vocals''

PrimitiveGuitar 11-22-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJHall
@benjixoath: I guess that could be confusing lol. I recorded the guitars and bass, and programmed the drums. I didn't do the vocals, so I titled it "No Vocals'.

@PrimitiveGuitar: Yeah, don't know the first thing about mixing. I used a Schecter 7 string and a Line 6 POD UX2 to record into REAPER.

I don't know the first thing about mixing? considering I've studied audio engineering. Nice way to jump out and be a prick and not be able to take any crtiticism. I wasn't saying "lol you're a prick and your drums are shit and I can mix better then you". Infact I like your mixing on the track, I just think that the drums over power certain parts and it was just a bit of constructive criticism.
You don't post things up asking for people opinions and criticism on a track expecting to get every one going "hey this track is the best thing I have ever heard". So if you don't want any ideas and criticism about your track then keep it to yourself

KJHall 11-22-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimitiveGuitar
I don't know the first thing about mixing? considering I've studied audio engineering. Nice way to jump out and be a prick and not be able to take any crtiticism. I wasn't saying "lol you're a prick and your drums are shit and I can mix better then you". Infact I like your mixing on the track, I just think that the drums over power certain parts and it was just a bit of constructive criticism.
You don't post things up asking for people opinions and criticism on a track expecting to get every one going "hey this track is the best thing I have ever heard". So if you don't want any ideas and criticism about your track then keep it to yourself

lol Wow. When I said "don't know the first thing about mixing", I was referring to myself. Big misunderstanding dude.

EDIT: Anyways, I updated the track a bit. Made the drums a little quieter and made the guitars a bit louder. Same link as before.

PrimitiveGuitar 11-22-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:
lol Wow. When I said "don't know the first thing about mixing", I was referring to myself. Big misunderstanding dude.

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH SHIT :eek:
WEOWEOWEOW
I unleashed a bit o rage there.
i thought it was directed at me. sorry my good man.
please forgive me :)
I thought you were one of those people that posts up stuff wanting opinions on it but then gets angry when you give them any. And i really dislike those people

KJHall 11-22-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimitiveGuitar
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH SHIT :eek:
WEOWEOWEOW
I unleashed a bit o rage there.
i thought it was directed at me. sorry my good man.
please forgive me :)
I thought you were one of those people that posts up stuff wanting opinions on it but then gets angry when you give them any. And i really dislike those people

It's no problem dude, I know that feeling. I appreciate all feedback, especially since I've got a lot to learn when it comes to mix and recording in general.

Like I said in my edit, I updated the mix a bit if you'd like to check it out and give me feedback on it.

PrimitiveGuitar 11-23-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:
It's no problem dude, I know that feeling. I appreciate all feedback, especially since I've got a lot to learn when it comes to mix and recording in general.

Like I said in my edit, I updated the mix a bit if you'd like to check it out and give me feedback on it.

Is it up on your soundcloud?
EDIT: I looked at your edit. Saw that is was the same link :haha:

ashuk1 11-24-2012 01:33 PM

Loving the sound on the guitars they sound nice, clean and crisp but my only criticism would be the hi-hat is very out of place in the mix and stands out massively its far to loud and only in the left hand speaker but apart from that its awesome!

ashuk1 11-24-2012 01:44 PM

and yeah i would be up for a collab!

KJHall 11-24-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashuk1
Loving the sound on the guitars they sound nice, clean and crisp but my only criticism would be the hi-hat is very out of place in the mix and stands out massively its far to loud and only in the left hand speaker but apart from that its awesome!

Thanks for the crit! I have no idea why the drums punch through so much in the mix. They just came out like that without any tweaking. And the left speaker doesn't make sense to me either. I'll work on it.