UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Distortion trouble.? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1574302)

spudsisnumber1 11-22-2012 09:01 PM

Distortion trouble.?

Ive been having some trouble with my distortion pedal? Its a behringer overdrive/distortion. When im using it on my practice amp (a kustom 120ww) it works fine (i like for it to be a bit louder than the clean.). But as soon as i plug it in to my jam amps.(marshall half stack and mashal head.) the distortion gets weak and the volume gets really low. Any suggestions?

Robbgnarly 11-22-2012 09:05 PM

What type of "Marshall " half stack?

some amps don't work well with some pedals.

AxSilentxLine 11-22-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudsisnumber1
Ive been having some trouble with my distortion pedal? Its a behringer overdrive/distortion. When im using it on my practice amp (a kustom 120ww) it works fine (i like for it to be a bit louder than the clean.). But as soon as i plug it in to my jam amps.(marshall half stack and mashal head.) the distortion gets weak and the volume gets really low. Any suggestions?

No part of this sounds like it's gonna end well :lurk:

What Marshall amp do you use?

R45VT 11-22-2012 09:53 PM

Do You have it going guitar - OD/Distortion - amp

For both?

Cathbard 11-22-2012 10:07 PM

Just saying "Marshall" tells us nothing. Some Marshalls are fantastic and some are total piles of garbage. More info needed.

R45VT 11-22-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Just saying "Marshall" tells us nothing. Some Marshalls are fantastic and some are total piles of garbage. More info needed.

Waiting for MG/AVT.

Cathbard 11-22-2012 10:42 PM

That's my suspicion too.

Robbgnarly 11-23-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
Waiting for MG/AVT.

I think we have a winner............ :haha:

Where is TS now.....

ikey_ 11-23-2012 10:52 AM

any time a users says they a running a distortion pedal in front of a marshall....there is already a problem.

next thing, behringer pedal. game over right there.

spudsisnumber1 11-24-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
What type of "Marshall " half stack?

some amps don't work well with some pedals.

Welllllllllllll :shrug: The marshall is our new new new drummers amp. Not for sure what type of marshall it is. Ill definately get back to everyone on that, But until then, is there some general info you can give me about this?
P.s. I probably should have mentioned this before.--->I am alsoo using a chorus pedal, A ''Rogue stereo chorus SCR-5'' so my setup would look kind of like this(On both amps)
Guitar-->Chorus pedal-->Distortion pedal-->Amp. Soooooooooooooo any thoughts? :o

Cathbard 11-24-2012 02:28 AM

Try the chorus in the loop if it's got one.
How you use a distortion pedal on a Marshall depends on what it is. We really need to know what it is, there may be a really cheap way to fix everything or it may be a lost cause and it's "Game over, insert coin."

Blktiger0 11-24-2012 04:30 AM

I would venture to say you might want to put your distortion pedal before the Chorus in that chain. I don't see where that would sound good (if you ever use them at the same time).

spudsisnumber1 11-24-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Try the chorus in the loop if it's got one.
How you use a distortion pedal on a Marshall depends on what it is. We really need to know what it is, there may be a really cheap way to fix everything or it may be a lost cause and it's "Game over, insert coin."

Hmmmm, what do you mean by trying it in the ''loop''? :shrug:

R45VT 11-24-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudsisnumber1
Hmmmm, what do you mean by trying it in the ''loop''? :shrug:

Effects loop. Use the effects out and hook to the input of the pedal and then output of pedal to effects in.

That is if your amp has it.