UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Unique guitar in sound and looks? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1574535)

DeanoM50810 11-24-2012 03:28 PM

Unique guitar in sound and looks?
 
This isn't my first thread like such. I think I've decided on a sort of guitar that's unique in sound and looks. The traditional looks and finishes of Fenders don't excite me. Don't start thinking that I'm looking for an Explorer/Flying V design though.

So far, I've considered Hagstrom (Deuce-F, Swede and Deluxe-F, maybe with Tremar), Dean (Deciever and Cadillac), Charvel (the DS-2 at one stage), Ibanez (RGA and S) and Yamaha (Pacifica 661HFM).

My budget is around 700, my favourite bands would have to include U2, Linkin Park and Radiohead, I'd prefer a new guitar, I prefer humbuckers rather than P90s or single coils and I prefer thinner, faster necks.

I live in Ireland, and unfortunately there isn't a huge range of guitars around my area, so I'll be relying on a lot of information from the internet.

Any other guitars to add to the list?

Artemis Entreri 11-24-2012 03:34 PM

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/

DeanoM50810 11-24-2012 03:37 PM

Don't mean to sound picky, but Eastwood guitars are just too...abstract for my liking...

Artemis Entreri 11-24-2012 03:38 PM

You want a unique guitar with a unique sound yet think Eastwood's guitars are abstract? :shrug: fair enough

&baconstrips 11-24-2012 03:40 PM

I'm not sure if you have Godin guitars in Ireland, but they have some slightly "oddball" designs (http://www.godinguitars.com/godinproductlistingp.htm). The Hagstroms and Yamaha that you mentionned above are great guitars.

paruwi 11-24-2012 03:41 PM




Robbgnarly 11-24-2012 03:43 PM

Mosrite guitars
Airline guitars
Ed Roman guitars

LeakyFlask 11-24-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
Mosrite guitars
Airline guitars
Ed Roman guitars

Eeeeeeehhhhh... not sure you'd want to be making business with Ed Roman. Certainly not in your price class.

Also, wangcaster.

DeanoM50810 11-24-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Entreri
You want a unique guitar with a unique sound yet think Eastwood's guitars are abstract? :shrug: fair enough


Ok, when you say it like that, you have a point :rolleyes:

What I meant by unique looking was it's different the Fender or Gibson designs in terms of finish and, to a slight degree, design.

Robbgnarly 11-24-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeakyFlask
Eeeeeeehhhhh... not sure you'd want to be making business with Ed Roman. Certainly not in your price class.

Also, wangcaster.

Yeah he was an arogant dick, but he did make some very nice guitars that were top notch quality.

But he's dead now so.......

DeanoM50810 11-24-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by &baconstrips
I'm not sure if you have Godin guitars in Ireland, but they have some slightly "oddball" designs (http://www.godinguitars.com/godinproductlistingp.htm). The Hagstroms and Yamaha that you mentionned above are great guitars.


I looked through the stuff there, got anything to say about the Core Humbucker series?

Wisthekiller 11-24-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
Yeah he was an arogant dick, but he did make some very nice guitars that were top notch quality.

But he's dead now so.......


I've read some reviews that his high end guitars are actually particle board. I believe it was one of his Strat copies that was.

Jyrgen 11-24-2012 04:10 PM

Godin Guitars are fairly affordable, unique and not too common IMO. Check em out.

JoeFlips 11-24-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoM50810
Don't mean to sound picky, but Eastwood guitars are just too...abstract for my liking...

You want unique, but not too unique. What fun is that? You sound very picky! :mad:

Anyway...
http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars.html

sroze478 11-24-2012 04:17 PM

You could check out something from the Hamer Sunburst/Archtop/Quilt Top models, they all look pretty nice but aren't quite traditional. And they come with humbuckers or P90s.

Elderer 11-24-2012 04:18 PM

Reverend

JoeFlips 11-24-2012 04:20 PM

Also: http://www.glguitars.com/instrument...s/index_new.asp

LeakyFlask 11-24-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
Yeah he was an arogant dick, but he did make some very nice guitars that were top notch quality.

But he's dead now so.......

Woah, what? When did that happen?

karateguy29 11-24-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Entreri


I've heard of that brand but have never really checked them out; they have some killer stuff, I'm normally a pretty classic guy when it comes to guitars but there's a few of those I would love to own.

&baconstrips 11-24-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoM50810
I looked through the stuff there, got anything to say about the Core Humbucker series?


No, sorry, I havn't tried them, but I would assume them to be as good as the rest of their products.
Reverend guitars are well worth checking out. I havn't tried them, but they have cool features, look really great, and they seem to get universally good reviews.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.