UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bass Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   All I Want for Christbass Is... (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1574591)

FatalGear41 11-24-2012 11:45 PM

All I Want for Christbass Is...

Well; now that the Christbass...er, I mean Christmas season is upon us, what are your bass desires for this year? Having just played a Yamaha BB1025X and found it to be remarkably good, I have to put that on the top of the list. That and an EBS Fafner II amplifier would make the season for me.

How about the rest of you?

CJ Noble 11-25-2012 12:02 AM

I've pretty much beat GAS, fortunately. I might pick up something with a Kahler though, just something I wanted as a kid but never had an opportunity to pick up

anarkee 11-25-2012 01:04 AM

My next bass GAS candidate is a MIA all black maple necked Precision. But at this point, I really need a pickup for my upright as well, or a new hardcase for my MIA Jazz.

Tostitos 11-25-2012 01:23 AM

Realistically I think I might treat myself to a pair of EMG 35DC's. All other GAS money is hopefully going into some New Year's ink.

If SantaBass were to show up at my apartment with a bag of GAS-induced goodies though, I'd be really keen on a Modulus BassStar neck, a Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter, an EBS Multicomp, and an original Steinberger L1.

The best Christmas's smell like gingerbread, peppermint, and reinforced composite plastics. :p:

fudger 11-25-2012 01:47 AM

^ I just recently upgrade from my mxr envelope to the source audio envelope and man its a great pedal. I cant say enough about how nice it is. All the preset fuctions and the ability to shape them how you want it is awsome.

dark Mass 11-25-2012 02:30 AM

GAS wise for me it's just this.

Ibanez BTB776
Bartolini P2 Set
Mike Pope Flexcore Preamp
Delano PC2HE/M2 and JC4HE/M2
EMG PAX and JAX Set
EMG BQC System

That isn't clearly happening so I reserve myself to couple of pack of DR Fat Beams and Rotosound 77's.

Temezki 11-25-2012 04:22 AM

New amp and maybe some pedals to fill my pedalboard.

Spanner93 11-25-2012 06:17 AM

Well, I just got a new amp (70's 500w Dynacord) so that's fine now, but still on my GAS list:

Ibanez Ergodyne EDC700

Ibanez SGBE110VS

Line6 UX2

Telefunken TD20 mic (60's mic that sounds heavenly in front of my amp, just need to buy my own now.)

EHX English Muff'n

chatterbox272 11-25-2012 07:18 AM

Some kind of Fender/Squier VM bass (there's just some tones that I can't seem to get out of my 375 that I can nail from a VM, although the reverse is also true).
A cheap project bass for me to mess with
An SM57/58 (I need 1 mic to do a million things, and those fit the bill perfectly)
A Scarlette 2i4
A cheap guitar

GAPendragon 11-25-2012 09:01 AM

I've recently discovered the Epiphone Zenith and though I haven't located one to try yet I love the sound of it based on Youtube video reviews I've seen. I think right now I'd lean toward one of those, probably in the darker natural finish, or some parts for the Stingray clone I'm building. And I could do with a new strap. :)

Has anyone here played a Zenith btw?

Ziphoblat 11-25-2012 09:56 AM

Realistically either a Dunlop Bass Wah, an MXR Deluxe Bass Fuzz, some EMG JVX pick-ups to try in my Jazz or some professionally moulded ear plugs.

What I'd really like though is one of the GK MB Fusion 800 amps I've been wanting for a while...

consecutive e 11-25-2012 10:51 AM

I don't have any real GAS at the moment, a Star Bass would be nice but I'm happy with my three basses at the moment so and my MarkBass rig gets the job done so meh.

What I would like is some more wood, been trying to find a decent source of Bubinga and Afzelia to no avail.

Spaz91 11-25-2012 11:54 AM

jonathan.keeler 11-25-2012 12:28 PM

Anything with six strings on it.
going to a bass workshop in Warrick before so I can have a gander :)

moody git 11-25-2012 01:10 PM

a nice fretless and tech music school to say yes

Sudaka 11-25-2012 01:23 PM

I'd say something like this:

Ibanez BTB675

and something like this:

Markbass Little Mark III

I don't see it happening, though :(

shmbluh12 11-25-2012 02:03 PM

Either of those would be great and there's still plenty more I'd want. :p:

skippy_moogoose 11-25-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner93
EHX English Muff'n

Lucky enough to have one of these bad boys with some lush valves, as I traded my Blowtorch with Jon for his...sounds lush through my Trace Elliot, a little cleaner with my passive basses than the active Sandberg circuit, but for full on stoner rawr, combined with the VT pedal I have it's pretty damn awesome!!

Tbh, all I want is a shed ton of new strings, pref roto 66's for the 'berg, some piccolo's for the jag, and some nice flats for the mustang...I'd also like to get them all set up pro style, and having room for the Trace would be great because I'm reduced to playing thru my sh*tty no name practice amp that I've owned since I was fifteen...

On a GAS front but not involving basses,a nice fender twin or some other lush little valve amp for my 6 string that I couls stick my Jeklly and Hyde in front of would be nice please Mr Santa!! :D

Ippon 11-25-2012 10:09 PM

A Used but clean Markbass Little Mark Tube 800 and lots of strings!

CommaBass 11-25-2012 10:14 PM

A Spector Rebop 5 would be awesome. And the MXR M80 I'm probably going to get in a few weeks :D