UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (
-   -   Spring Reverb? (

nickdohle 12-04-2012 01:21 AM

Spring Reverb?
So scouring the local craigslist and I see a Dan Electro Spring King or something. Basically a spring reverb in a pedal.

I want to know, is this a Marketing Gimmick? I guess I dont really know how a real spring unit works on an amplifier, so It could be the same. Just figured Id ask here.

Roc8995 12-04-2012 01:26 AM

A spring reverb is literally a bunch of springs in a box. It's got a piezo send on one end and a piezo pickup on the other and it runs your signal through there. The Dano unit has I think two little springs. It's not a full sized, "proper" reverb tank like in an amp but it's a decent miniaturized version.

darkwolf291 12-04-2012 01:29 AM

I don't know about the Danelectro, but here's how a spring reverb unit works.

It has a transducer at one end, and a pickup at the other.
The transducer vibrates the springs, and the pickup picks up that vibration, and that gives you your reverb.

nickdohle 12-04-2012 01:33 AM

Colin, Frank, thank you guys. I appreciate the answers. I have learned something new today.

darkwolf291 12-04-2012 01:36 AM

Oh cool.
The Danelectro has a thing on it to kick the pedal to get that awesome rumbly earthquake sound from hitting the tank.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.