UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Christmas gifts 2012(for others) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1576578)

Junglie 12-06-2012 04:26 AM

Christmas gifts 2012(for others)

So what are you guys getting people for Christmas?

I'm really struggling to think of presents for everyone and hoping this gives me some inspiration :shrug:

So what are you getting your parents, brothers, sisters, boyfriends, girlfriends this year?

Portuguese_boy 12-06-2012 04:27 AM

I only receive presents since I'm not a christian.

AdamDK 12-06-2012 04:28 AM

Got my dad some books, my sister some CDs and my mam I'm giving money because she wants a new coat but isn't sure exactly which one, or even what style, so she can find one herself with money from me and my sister.

raoooos 12-06-2012 04:31 AM

Dunno, I'll go out on Christmas Eve and pick random shit

Junglie 12-06-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portuguese_boy
I only receive presents since I'm not a christian.

Nor am I, but it's more of a social convention than anything else. I don't even like Christmas, I always tell people not to get me anything but then they do and I feel bad about not giving anything back :mad:

Amuro Jay 12-06-2012 04:36 AM

My good friend from back home called me yesterday and said, "hey, you're coming back down for Christmas, right? Well you have to, because there's a present waiting for you"

I've never bought a Christmas present before, and I've never received one, so idk wat do.

I need to get him something, but given that I only get to see him at Christmas time (he's been in the navy for a few years), I'm not sure what to get him.

slash_GNR666 12-06-2012 04:37 AM

Avedas 12-06-2012 04:37 AM

I feel like alcohol has become an appropriate gift for my siblings. Too bad they won't be around for Christmas.

Junglie 12-06-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
My good friend from back home called me yesterday and said, "hey, you're coming back down for Christmas, right? Well you have to, because there's a present waiting for you"

I've never bought a Christmas present before, and I've never received one, so idk wat do.

I need to get him something, but given that I only get to see him at Christmas time (he's been in the navy for a few years), I'm not sure what to get him.

How much are you willing to spend? We navy guys like anything alcoholic :p:

Amuro Jay 12-06-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglie
How much are you willing to spend? We navy guys like anything alcoholic :p:
idk maybe up to like $50 or something.

I've been a jobless student for a few years or so :o

Last year he brought back absinthe from France, I'm well aware of your enthusiasm for alcohol :p:

Junglie 12-06-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:
idk maybe up to like $50 or something.

I've been a jobless student for a few years or so :o

Last year he brought back absinthe from France, I'm well aware of your enthusiasm for alcohol :p:

$50?! Dude, I don't even buy my friends presents, so screw spending that much.

Crate of beer.

Amuro Jay 12-06-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:
$50?! Dude, I don't even buy my friends presents, so screw spending that much.

Crate of beer.
He and I go back. The most I've spent on someone else's birthday outside of family is like $20 (because I rarely buy presents for people anyway, and I always refuse to accept gifts from people outside of family).

But him and I are bros.

And I don't want to show up with something that isn't presentable. I've been doing Christmas Eve with him and his extended family for like the past three or four years, including the gifts exchange (where I would stand around and watch because I'm not family, but I'm okay with that).

So I wouldn't want him to give me a gift and me give something back that isn't comparable.

But idk what he got for me.

Junglie 12-06-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:
He and I go back. The most I've spent on someone else's birthday outside of family is like $20 (because I rarely buy presents for people anyway, and I always refuse to accept gifts from people outside of family).

But him and I are bros.

And I don't want to show up with something that isn't presentable. I've been doing Christmas Eve with him and his extended family for like the past three or four years, including the gifts exchange (where I would stand around and watch because I'm not family, but I'm okay with that).

So I wouldn't want him to give me a gift and me give something back that isn't comparable.

What's he into? Is he away at sea/deployed a lot?

Avedas 12-06-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

But him and I are bros.

Unlabeled liquor.

Harvey Swick 12-06-2012 04:50 AM

my best friend traded me a flannel for a thermal so i will take that as a X-mas present considering the facts...

Amuro Jay 12-06-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:
What's he into? Is he away at sea/deployed a lot?
Computers, gaming, robotics, sciencey things, anime that has to deal with robots and sciencey things.

His deployment just ended in October, he's home for good now.

Junglie 12-06-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:
Computers, gaming, robotics, sciencey things, anime that has to deal with robots and sciencey things.

His deployment just ended in October, he's home for good now.

Amazon gift voucher.

Amuro Jay 12-06-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:
Amazon gift voucher.
He's got enough money from the navy, I don't think getting him more is gonna say much :p:

I wanna get him something relevant to his interests, since I know that's what he's gonna do for me. But knowing him, it'll be eccentric in one way or another.

I may get something off of thinkgeek or something.

Thrill-house 12-06-2012 05:08 AM

A new laptop for my parents. Some video games for my younger brother and sisters. Steam gift card for my older brother, a couple TV shows (on dvd) for my older sister. Wii-U for my girlfriend.

supersac 12-06-2012 05:16 AM

rock tumbling some whiskey stones for my drinking freind now
skarf for neice
making amusic box for the lady
perfume for the mother
nice bottle of liquor for me pops
anice lighter for my smoking freind
restored anice vintage camera for my pitcher takin freind

i doubt im getting anything though family is going through rough times so i usually just thank my parents that they still let me live here and most of my freinds are broke as hell
but its aight i like giving more than receving gifts

although the lady might give me a lil something something ;)