UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Your unpopular musical opinion? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1576663)

silhouettica 12-06-2012 03:34 PM

Your unpopular musical opinion?

Within the style of music that you most often listen to, what's an opinion you have that most people who listen to that style don't?

For example, I listen to a lot of progressive rock and progressive metal, yet despite everyone's new found obsession with them, I can't stand The Contortionist.

ErikLensherr 12-06-2012 03:35 PM

Anyone who doesn't eat, live, and breathe djent is a gay.

yoman297 12-06-2012 03:37 PM

music is shit

art is a lot better

GazzaCee 12-06-2012 03:38 PM

Metalcore is shit.

Wait, that's not unpopular.

cam sh 12-06-2012 03:40 PM

I like both old and new Green Day.

jazz_rock_feel 12-06-2012 03:46 PM

I hate Schubert. Schubert is untouchable in the circles of Classical music. You can dislike virtually any composer you want, but Schubert is an absolute no-go for whatever reason.

Burgery 12-06-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouettica
Within the style of music that you most often listen to, what's an opinion you have that most people who listen to that style don't?

For example, I listen to a lot of progressive rock and progressive metal, yet despite everyone's new found obsession with them, I can't stand The Contortionist.

the contortionist are a bit meh

cam sh 12-06-2012 03:48 PM

I liked Coldplay's last album. In fact, I like Coldplay.

whywefight 12-06-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silhouettica

Me either. I don't see the hype.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam sh
I liked Coldplay's last album. In fact, I like Coldplay.

This. And U2.

T00DEEPBLUE 12-06-2012 03:48 PM

I like Metallica and Dream Theater

I'm going to be shot for saying that on this forum.

Also, A7X isn't quite as bad as everyone says it is.

Carl6661 12-06-2012 03:53 PM

I don't like Periphery, or I guess more specifically - I can't stand Misha Mansoor. The band's music dosen't really do a a whole lot to excite me, but there's just something about Misha specifically that I dislike more than the band as a whole.

I have no idea why, but mentioning that seems to upset people more than it really should. :shrug:

IRISH_PUNK13 12-06-2012 03:55 PM

The music that hipsters tend to listen to is quite boring.

Metal vocals are ******ed.

arabmetallion 12-06-2012 03:56 PM

*I don't think Ronnie James Dio's voice was anything spectacular [seriously it's only after he died that people started to worship the ground he walked on]
*I think Kirk Hammett is a great lead player [he's composed some of the coolest and most memorable rock & metal solos out there (e.g. one, ride the lightning, blackened, fade to black, the unforgiven, the shortest straw, wherever I may roam) ]
*I think the black album is one of metallica's best albums
*I find dream theatre's music repetitive and boring

whywefight 12-06-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl6661
I don't like Periphery, or I guess more specifically - I can't stand Misha Mansoor. The band's music dosen't really do a a whole lot to excite me, but there's just something about Misha specifically that I dislike more than the band as a whole.

I have no idea why, but mentioning that seems to upset people more than it really should. :shrug:

Yeah, I never really got the hype on periphery either. They obviously are one of the better djent bands, but they're not exactly that genre's Converge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH_PUNK13
The music that hipsters tend to listen to is quite boring.

So are sweeping generalizations.

WCPhils 12-06-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam sh
I like both old and new Green Day.

This

EpiExplorer 12-06-2012 03:57 PM

The Beatles are 99% shite.

Tsar66 12-06-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH_PUNK13

metal in general is ******ed

EpiExplorer 12-06-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabmetallion
*I don't think Ronnie James Dio's voice was anything spectacular [seriously it's only after he died that people started to worship the ground he walked on]
*I think Kirk Hammett is a great lead player [he's composed some of the coolest and most memorable rock & metal solos out there (e.g. one, ride the lightning, blackened, fade to black, the unforgiven, the shortest straw, wherever I may roam) ]
*I think the black album is one of metallica's best albums
*I find dream theatre's music repetitive and boring

I'll agree with the middle two, first one.. bit unfair, he was a great vocalist, just didn't have any good songs.

Last one, I dont like Dream Theater, but not for those reasons. I dont like them because it takes forever for their songs to sound good. Everything else is 70's bluesy-prog rock riffs up until the bridge, where they just pile on everything in one go.

Burgery 12-06-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl6661

periphery are lame too

so are protest the hero

deal with it

whywefight 12-06-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar66
metal in general is ******ed

Your sig about your user title fits you well.