UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cover Songs (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Hand Covers Bruise (The Social Network) Cover (C4C) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1576666)

Poisonouspot 12-06-2012 03:56 PM

Hand Covers Bruise (The Social Network) Cover (C4C)

This song is probably the most memorable off the Social Network Soundtrack.
I play every instrument, I tried to keep it as true to the original as possible, I learnt everything by ear so some parts might be wrong.
the video is random clips that I put together, I think it suits the song.
Hope you enjoy :)! leave your video in this thread and I will crit it,
Thanks!

Skint Out 12-06-2012 05:44 PM

I gotta admit, I liked the idea of putting in clips for this song rather than showing you play every instrument as its such a slow song.

You dont see many covers of ambient type music like this, so its refreshing as well.

I didn't notice any mistakes and it sounds pretty dayum clear

good job bai!

SweetenerCorp 12-08-2012 05:23 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Really cool recording I don't have my headphones on but it sounds like everything is swooping around . I don't remember the song but it has a great ambience to it. Can't think of anything to crit, good work man, i like it.

Slash_metal 12-10-2012 08:23 PM

Hey man this is cool, I agree with the above comment about the clips too
The piano sounds great on this!
Really well recorded, can't really say much just sit back and enjoy listening to it (:

Dio10101 12-11-2012 10:32 PM

This is really cool! I don't know the original song all too well, though I did see the movie and thought the soundtrack was stellar. This was a really cool song though, and nothing sounded bad or out of place at all. Really cool ambient music for sure!! The white noise was a little louder than I would have had it, but I'm not an ambient songwriter, what do I know haha.

Miseryfields 12-14-2012 04:23 PM

I don't know much in the way of ambient music, so I'm not sure how much help my input would be, but I thought this was really nice. Unfortunately, I've not heard the original, so I can't say if there were any off notes or anything. Either way, it was nice to listen to! It sounds really well done, professional quality, for sure!

Thanks so much for your feedback on Carol of the Bells!

1crazyboy7 12-16-2012 12:58 PM

I've never heard a cover of something like this but it sounds really good.

The mixing and recording came out well. Its really simple but the piano melody does sound nice and all the instruments compliment each other well.

Thanks for your feedback on my cover.

Bulish 12-16-2012 04:21 PM

Great cover, clear, no mistakes, and you succeeded in being close to original.

I liked it... And I have to say I liked the clip instead of classic video of you playing, that everyone (including me) uses... :)

C4C? Maybe it will put you in a christmasy mood.. :D http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1574713 ( I just hope it won't ruin it.. :D )
Thanks for feedback, +maybe like/sub/com on YT if you liked it? ;)

zefs 12-19-2012 04:27 PM

Nice, I like the sound of it!

thebends26 12-20-2012 03:57 PM

Man this is amazing! This movie's score is one of my favorites, maybe just before The 'There Will Be Blood' score, but that's beside the point. You did a fantastic job on everything. I also agree with what the first comment said about the video. Anyways you did a fantastic job! Keep it up!

Delboyuk_01 12-22-2012 01:26 PM

Sorry don't know the song or film come to think of it. Sounded great though, really well recorded. Great job.

ankthebank 12-23-2012 08:27 AM

Cheers for the crit on my Christmas cover :) Glad you enjoyed it!

I really like this - it's good to hear something a little different on UG. This is really cool, I've heard the original and this is a great tribute :)

Ali Mac 01-01-2013 06:28 PM

Cheers m8.

Loved the video and great music, really fitting well. Recorded great, well done and happy new year.

vayne92 01-03-2013 11:42 AM

Never heard this song. Is it a piano cover? Definitely not the kind of thing i'd listen to :C

b.vicious 01-06-2013 10:13 PM

Very interesting I will admit. The clip definitely goes spot on with this kind of cover so I definitely like it. I never heard this song before so I can't really say this sounds like the original, but I liked what I heard and saw, thank you for your critique of my cover!

awesomo41894 01-07-2013 12:34 PM

Hey man, I like it a lot! How did u get that guitar sound? Everything on this is pretty neat. I would have never thought of covering something like this (I dont think many would) BUT this was great. I REALLY liked it! Good job! The piano sounded good as well.

KJHall 01-07-2013 09:58 PM

Wow. Didn't expect that. I really enjoyed the ambiance, and I think you did a great job! The clip was also a great idea, it really added to the overall feel for me. Good stuff!

C4C?: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1581307