UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   NGD! My Girlfriend's gonna kill me! (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1576785)

Mephaphil 12-07-2012 11:00 AM

NGD! My Girlfriend's gonna kill me!

I've been thinking a lot about getting another guitar and my girlfriend has been trying to put me off the idea as I've bought 3 already this year but she couldn't sway me.

I went down to my local guitar shop and spoke to them about some PRS and LPs that they have in stock, and also talked to them about what they can do for me in terms of trading in my LP Studio for something a bit more upmarket in the dual humbucker range.

They told me to bring it to them.

So I returned the next day with my Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded. They asked me what guitar I would like, so I tried a few out and said that ideally I'd like the Gold Top LP Traditional but it was out of my price range at 1750.

I said my budget was around 900. He came back to me with 400 trade in for the Studio and a remaining 850 to pay for the Les Paul, if I wanted it. A bargain! 500 off the price? Crazy!

I played it for an hour and decided that it was great and so here she is.

She's pretty!

Sounds like a dream. Don't know if I'll need another guitar ever now, but I'll probably end up with a Jem next year knowing me. My girlfriend has made me enter verbal contracts before to stop buying guitars for the rest of the year but I can never keep my end of the bargain intact.

Verbal agreements? Not worth the paper they're written on! :D Sorry :/

miio 12-07-2012 11:08 AM

What a beauty! Give her some love. (the guitar & the girlfriend) :)

SteveHOC 12-07-2012 11:16 AM

Oh, wow. That is freakin' gorgeous! HNGD! It's totally worth the silent treatment you may or may not receive.

Dave_Mc 12-07-2012 11:32 AM

wow very nice :D

Jyrgen 12-07-2012 11:35 AM

Damnnn... extremely fine. HNGD

MrFlibble 12-07-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephaphil
Don't know if I'll need another guitar ever now,
I bought a Gibson LP once, swearing it would be my last, my ultimate, end-all guitar.

That was nine guitars ago.

You should probably just break up with your lady right now :haha:

HNGD

Mephaphil 12-07-2012 12:01 PM

Heh thanks guys.

My pal is coming round later as we're off out to see our drummers covers band, and I'm happy that he's here because when my girlfriend comes home from work they'll be someone to protect me!

At the beginning of this year I had 3 guitars. Now I have 6. If I continue at this rate I'll have 12 next year, 24 the following and then it just gets crazy!

T00DEEPBLUE 12-07-2012 12:13 PM

One of my favorite Gibson models. :cheers:

What's with the truss rod cover though? At first i looked at the headstock and i was like "Ooh, it's left-handed" :haha:

Mephaphil 12-07-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
One of my favorite Gibson models. :cheers:

What's with the truss rod cover though? At first i looked at the headstock and i was like "Ooh, it's left-handed" :haha:

Thanks!

I have no idea...

Tom 1.0 12-07-2012 12:49 PM

Why does it have a left handed truss rod?

racertj5 12-07-2012 12:56 PM

HNGD Man she's beautiful. My guess on the truss rod is someone lost the original and bought the wrong replacement

hminh87 12-07-2012 01:01 PM

Your gf is not cool, man. Not cool.

Delboyuk_01 12-07-2012 01:37 PM

HNGD, there are some cheap Gibsons out there at the moment with the new range coming out next year.
The truss rod cover would bug me though. Change it for a plain one or something.

Mephaphil 12-07-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
Why does it have a left handed truss rod?

Hmm. I'll ask the guy tomorrow. It's no big deal to me, It's brand new though. Doesn't seem like a fake or anything. Where could I get a proper right handed one l?

Mephaphil 12-07-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hminh87
Your gf is not cool, man. Not cool.

Actually she is. She wasn't bothered, she just laughed ;-)

adamgur96 12-07-2012 01:52 PM

Niiiiccccccce!

Mephaphil 12-07-2012 01:56 PM

What can I do about the truss rod? I'm pretty sure it ain't fake or anything, it must just be a factory slip up. Plus the shop I got it from is a proper Gibson dealer.

You'll know the shop Tom ;-)

W4RP1G 12-07-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:
Hmm. I'll ask the guy tomorrow. It's no big deal to me, It's brand new though. Doesn't seem like a fake or anything. Where could I get a proper right handed one l?

Doesn't look like a fake, but it's pretty weird that no one noticed the writing on the truss rod cover was backwards.

You should check eBay out for the correct cover, or maybe just ask your local music stores. Or you can get a sweet custom engraved truss rod cover off of eBay.

Tom 1.0 12-07-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:
What can I do about the truss rod? I'm pretty sure it ain't fake or anything, it must just be a factory slip up. Plus the shop I got it from is a proper Gibson dealer.

You'll know the shop Tom ;-)

Hmmmm they are a bunch of wankers.

Just get them to swap it for the right one, its Defo not a fake, just a quirk.

57Goldtop 12-07-2012 02:16 PM

Looks beautiful, HNGD!! Has a very classic look, I like it.

And you think your girlfriend gives you a hard time? Try doing that with a wife at home. My wife is generally pretty cool about that stuff, but if I bought four guitars in one year I'd definitely be in the doghouse! Buy your toys now man, LOL.