UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   On a Lighter Note (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1578022)

Malazan66 12-15-2012 04:54 AM

On a Lighter Note

I got to buy my first bit of Legal Weed here in Colorado yesterday. It was surreal, me and my friend were like, "What did we just do" :haha:

blake1221 12-15-2012 04:56 AM

xD omg

JayT44 12-15-2012 04:57 AM

LOL!!!! haha

SlackerBabbath 12-15-2012 05:03 AM

So how did the quality and price compare to what you would have bought before it was legal?

Malazan66 12-15-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
So how did the quality and price compare to what you would have bought before it was legal?

Now I can get Medical Grade 17 to 25% THC instead of that Mexican SWAG that has 5 to 6%

Also, you know where it comes from. It cost about 40 to 50 for an 1/8th,

260 for an ounce

lolmnt 12-15-2012 05:06 AM

Drugs are bad and you will go to hell if you continue using them.

On a lighter note...

sebastian_96 12-15-2012 05:26 AM

Damn you! My day will come...

Enjoy, good sir! :cheers: (those beers should be bongs, but beggars can't be choosers)

SlackerBabbath 12-15-2012 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Drugs are bad and you will go to hell if you continue using them.

So if people go to hell for using drugs, why is alcohol (in the form of wine) used in holy communion? Alcohol is after all a drug too.

primusfan 12-15-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:
So if people go to hell for using drugs, why is alcohol (in the form of wine) used in holy communion? Alcohol is after all a drug too.

it's not alcohol; it's Jesus blood.

'sides, alcohol isn't a drug anyway. it's legal.

LostLegion 12-15-2012 05:43 AM

omG m@n ur such @ ston3r XD XD XD

Me be smokin sum big banana joint rite now becuz me so rasta and jamaican mon.

SlackerBabbath 12-15-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan

'sides, alcohol isn't a drug anyway. it's legal.

A 'drug' is any substance, legal or illegal, which may have a medicinal, intoxicating, performance enhancing or other effect when taken.

Also, in the time of Jesus, cannabis was widely used as an incense. It was burned in enclosed spaces to keep down insect infestation. It was also one of the ingredients in holy anointing oil. 'Christ' (which is Greek for 'Messiah') actualy translates into English as ''anointed" and refers to the anointing of high priests, kings and apparent prophets. As a person who was considered as a prophet, Jesus would naturaly have been anointed at some point by someone with an oil that contained cannabis as well as regularly breathing it in along with most of the population when it was used as an incense.

LostLegion 12-15-2012 05:51 AM

Does every thread Slacker posts in turn in to an argument?

primusfan 12-15-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:
A 'drug' is any substance, legal or illegal, which may have a medicinal, intoxicating, performance enhancing or other effect when taken.

Also, in the time of Jesus, cannabis was widely used as an incense. It was burned in enclosed spaces to keep down insect infestation. It was also one of the ingredients in holy anointing oil. 'Christ' (which is Greek for 'Messiah') actualy translates into English as ''anointed" and refers to the anointing of high priests, kings and apparent prophets. As a person who was considered as a prophet, Jesus would naturaly have been anointed at some point by someone with an oil that contained cannabis as well as regularly breathing it in along with most of the population when it was used as an incense.

nah.

lncognito 12-15-2012 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegion
Does every thread Slacker posts in turn in to an argument?
If it isn't yet, I'll make it one...
Quote:

It all comes down to the translation of "kaneh bosem"; while it is quite likely to be cannabis (or another substance with intoxicating properties) this does not have to be the case.

The sad thing about discussing religious issues with Slacker is that every argument you use is based on his previous discussions, either just ripping them of or due to personal research induced by them :haha:

TunerAddict 12-15-2012 05:58 AM

Jesus was also a dirty hippie, so that bit fits.

primusfan 12-15-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Jesus was also a dirty hippie, so that bit fits.

Not sure which Bible you're reading. Jesus had an MBA and was a very successful hedge fund manager.

TunerAddict 12-15-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:
Not sure which Bible you're reading. Jesus had an MBA and was a very successful hedge fund manager.

TBH, I didn't get past the first chapter. That god character was just such a douchebag, I couldn't stand to read any further.

Kensai 12-15-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
TBH, I didn't get past the first chapter. That god character was just such a douchebag, I couldn't stand to read any further.

Keep reading, it gets better. All the shoot outs and car chases are really exciting.

blake1221 12-15-2012 06:12 AM

Hey, look who's back!

Primus2112 12-15-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

so you're telling me that every sunday, jesus comes back as a bowl of crackers and some wine?

and then you proceed to just eat the man?