UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   NAD! (Dat Mesa) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1579935)

Soccerguy 12-27-2012 10:30 PM

NAD! (Dat Mesa)

:o :o

This is a (dare i say it?) "minor" upgrade from my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. So many tone options. I'm digging the high gain sound I have going. But I need to work on Channel 1 a little and 2 needs some work for sure. I'm definitely going to enjoy myself for the next little while.

Here's just a couple of clips from some first tones I've made. Sure to change a lot over the next few days.
https://soundcloud.com/colinpowell-...rk-v-first-shot

PICTURES OF KING KONG PORPORTIONS BELOW
show

R45VT 12-27-2012 10:32 PM

****ing nice mang :cheers: :cheers:

I regret getting a combo instead of the head vs 2x12. Good call. Great looking set up. I love the smaller head chassis on top of the 2x12 look.

Soccerguy 12-27-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT

I regret getting a combo instead of the head vs 2x12. Good call. Great looking set up. I love the smaller head chassis on top of the 2x12 look.

Thanks man. My main biggest reason for head & cab is that I can't bloody stand carrying a combo (not to mention the smaller head thing does look really nice). But I'm definitely super happy. Can't wait to get the amp off the wheels tomorrow and really get it roaring.

R45VT 12-27-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerguy
Thanks man. My main biggest reason for head & cab is that I can't bloody stand carrying a combo (not to mention the smaller head thing does look really nice). But I'm definitely super happy. Can't wait to get the amp off the wheels tomorrow and really get it roaring.

I don't mind the combo until I need to move it. I live on the 3rd floor. :( 120lb ****ing amp(with only 1 grab handle up top)... damn 4x12s are lighter. :haha:

cdr_salamander 12-27-2012 11:11 PM

I am on jealous sons of bitch over here. Been GASing for a Mark V since they released.

Enjoy it man. :cheers:

Reincaster 12-27-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

You can buy the headshell from Mesa and convert it, haha.

OP, I bet you're just going to use the MKIV mode on it, haha.

Soccerguy 12-27-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:
I don't mind the combo until I need to move it. I live on the 3rd floor. :( 120lb ****ing amp(with only 1 grab handle up top)... damn 4x12s are lighter. :haha:

:haha: Being a bit of an upper-body weakling (I was a soccer player :shrug: ), I have trouble with carrying the cab down 13 stairs to my basement, but something as heavy as what you have wouldn't leave ground floor with me.

Soccerguy 12-27-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr_salamander
I am on jealous sons of bitch over here. Been GASing for a Mark V since they released.

Enjoy it man. :cheers:

You bet I will!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincaster

I've been dabbling in all the modes, but I spent the afternoon in the IIC+ position and quite liked it, so I can't say for sure!

italiarlz135 12-28-2012 12:17 AM

thats hot

hnad lol

R45VT 12-28-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincaster

On my list first thing after I get married. Building a 2x12 with the Mesa specs.

R45VT 12-28-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerguy
You bet I will!;)

I've been dabbling in all the modes, but I spent the afternoon in the IIC+ position and quite liked it, so I can't say for sure!

I really liked the IIC+ in class A for leads. I don't care so much for it in rhythm.

I use the extreme mode for drop B. everything else in mark IV.

OP- congrats again. It sounds better as you explore. :cheers:

dementiacaptain 12-28-2012 12:28 AM

HNAD! Mesas for everyone!

Soccerguy 12-28-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
HNAD! Mesas for everyone!

If only it was that easy

Vulcan 12-28-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:
On my list first thing after I get married. Building a 2x12 with the Mesa specs.

Uh, I think I speak for all the married men here when I suggest you had better do it before you get married. Just sayin'.

R45VT 12-28-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Uh, I think I speak for all the married men here when I suggest you had better do it before you get married. Just sayin'.

:haha:

311ZOSOVHJH 12-28-2012 01:02 PM

wow big pics are big :o

HNMVD :cheers:

enjoy

gregs1020 12-28-2012 02:48 PM

happy new mesa day!!

Ippon 12-28-2012 02:50 PM

Sweet!

:cheers:

schecter ftw 12-31-2012 02:39 PM

Happy New Amp Day Man! Hope you enjoy that Mark V. I've been really considering turning my V combo into a head. I just can't take the weight anymore.

Also good to know I'm not the only person playing a Fender instrument into a Mark V, haha.