UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Smoking ban (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1581215)

SgorauKoller 01-04-2013 08:24 PM

Smoking ban

Any chance you fellow musicians could take 2mins to complete this survey, about the effect the smoking ban has had on you performing at gigs.

http://surveymonkey.com/s/N5W288P

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Joshua Garcia 01-04-2013 08:26 PM

No.

Because my 2 minutes are very valuable to me.

Obsceneairwaves 01-04-2013 08:27 PM

Does that mean no f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fog Machines??@?!?!?!?!@!

PoisonousNipple 01-04-2013 08:29 PM

Absolutely not. $100 says the only people that do will be non smokers who think they will never die any other way than magically drifting off one night when they are asleep.

willT08 01-04-2013 08:30 PM

Done it.

Smoking bans are awesome and Poisonous nipple will happily endanger the health of other people because he's an ass and can't step outside for the 2 minutes it takes to have a cigarette.

Gorelord666 01-04-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Done it.

Smoking bans are awesome and Poisonous nipple will happily endanger the health of other people because he's an ass and can't step outside for the 2 minutes it takes to have a cigarette.

But how else will people know that he's so cool?!

Joshua Garcia 01-04-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsceneairwaves
Does that mean no f-f-f-f-f-f-f-fog Machines??@?!?!?!?!@!

I've lost my fog machine once.
I left it on for too long and it was lost forever.

SgorauKoller 01-04-2013 08:32 PM

Thanks to those who can help. So far I've had very mixed views from a variety of people. There's been just as many non-smokers as smokers that have replied. Many say 'the atmosphere just isn't right', but they can't quite put their finger on it. This is something which I would love to get some more detail on. Thanks again to those who participate.

Obsceneairwaves 01-04-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia
I've lost my fog machine once.
I left it on for too long and it was lost forever.

LostLegion 01-04-2013 08:34 PM

No. You joined just to post this.

crazysam23_Atax 01-04-2013 08:34 PM

No. I will not. If you dislike people smoking in bars, stop playing in bars. You should not infringe on other people's freedoms to protect your freedoms.

Edit:
Also, you just joined in the last few days. Nah-uh. No joining just to get your petitions signed. Not here, buddy.

Trowzaa 01-04-2013 08:34 PM

I don't play gigs but the smoking bans cool. I go to a few gigs and the atmospheres better because I don't have to stare through shitty, stinky smoke to watch the band. I'm a smoker myself but the smoking ban is and always has been a great idea.

5thCircuitRider 01-04-2013 08:35 PM

But how will I look dramatic without a cig

Todd Hart 01-04-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonousNipple
Absolutely not. $100 says the only people that do will be non smokers who think they will never die any other way than magically drifting off one night when they are asleep.

Certainly better than spending 4 months choking on your own saliva and bile as your hair falls out and you can't remember your children's names or construct lucid thoughts, but hey, I'm sure lung cancer is a fun way to go really.

hornet224 01-04-2013 08:40 PM

I'm all for a smoking ban in public places in general. As much as you have the right to smoke, I have the right not to have to inhale the result. If you want to poison yourself with those cancer sticks, that your business, but I'd rather not go that way.

SgorauKoller 01-04-2013 08:41 PM

Few friendly people on this board hey :) I've been on UG for ages, just stopped posting years ago and couldn't remember my log in so I created a new account.
The survey isn't biased towards the smoking ban either way. I'm just collecting data on how the live music industry has been effected in the last 5yrs.

WCPhils 01-04-2013 08:43 PM

Hell yea to smoking bans.

If you want to breathe that shit in go at it. Just not around me

Lemoninfluence 01-04-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
No. I will not. If you dislike people smoking in bars, stop playing in bars. You should not infringe on other people's freedoms to protect your freedoms.

Instead you should impose passive smoking on workers who typically don't have the economic freedom to go out and get another job.

Because jobs grow on trees and if people just pull themselves up by the bootstraps they can lift themselves up to the lofty heights of the canopy of the rainforest and hand pick the best jobs with ridiculously one sided contracts and massive remuneration packages.

Trowzaa 01-04-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax

Edit:
Also, you just joined in the last few days. Nah-uh. No joining just to get your petitions signed. Not here, buddy.

It's a survey, not a petition...

LostLegion 01-04-2013 08:52 PM

Sure they banned people smoking indoors here and I think it's great. I hate the fags.

(and cigarettes lol)