UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Fall damage (this may sound crazy) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1581378)

LazyHardRocker 01-05-2013 08:07 PM

Fall damage (this may sound crazy)

Ok, to make a long story short, i was playing yesterday, put my axe down for a sec, and crouched to twist some knobs on my amp. I think i got up too fast cause my lower legs and head started feeling funny and the next thing i remember was lying on the floor, having knocked my amp all the way under the table (i can only guess i blacked out). Anyway, the amp is small and compact so it can take a beating, but my guitar was leaning against it and fell.
Result:
- Cracked pickup switch cover (no big deal, can be replaced)
- Slight damage to neck joint (finish chipped off)
- Dented neck (about 2", lengthwise, near the middle of the neck. the dent also has some cracks, but i think that's just the finish)

Anyways, what can I do to repair this? And should I have the neck checked?

Wisthekiller 01-05-2013 09:15 PM

Give us pictures.

Alucard817 01-05-2013 11:25 PM

I would be more concerned with my health then my rig at this point.

ZepJunkie 01-05-2013 11:28 PM

Your neck on your guitars probably fine, as long as the actions not ****ed up and its still playable. But go get YOUR neck checked out.

LazyHardRocker 01-06-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard817
I would be more concerned with my health then my rig at this point.

Nah, I'm fine. Just a sore knee is all.

ZepJunkie 01-06-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHardRocker
Nah, I'm fine. Just a sore knee is all.

I think he was referring to the blacking out

Zaphod_Beeblebr 01-06-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepJunkie
I think he was referring to the blacking out

Yeah, unless you're knocking on 60 blacking out because you got up too fast is generally a bad thing.

I mean, even at 60 it's a bad thing but a more normal bad thing :p:

LazyHardRocker 01-06-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Yeah, unless you're knocking on 60 blacking out because you got up too fast is generally a bad thing.

I mean, even at 60 it's a bad thing but a more normal bad thing :p:

Well, I'm only 16 but this is the first time it happened. Maybe I'm not sleeping enough.

Alucard817 01-06-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHardRocker
Well, I'm only 16 but this is the first time it happened. Maybe I'm not sleeping enough.

Even so it shouldn't happen. I would get it checked, then worry about your babies.

dannyalcatraz 01-06-2013 07:51 PM

Fatigue can cause blackouts, but its not too common. You REALLY have to be sleep-deprived to have that happen.

And the alternatives are many and varied: medication side effects, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, certain congenital conditions that narrow key arteries, clots...

Get yourself AND your guitar checked out- in that order.

Dave_Mc 01-07-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
Get yourself AND your guitar checked out- in that order.

+1

cdhowell 01-07-2013 09:53 AM

dude your life your business but definitely get to a doctor. I was 16,passed out and woke up with a pacemaker implant for a heart related issue. 26 now and not quite as stubborn. don't ignore it man. btw unrelated but I can take my guitar cable and hold it to my chest and amp picks up pulses from pacer. cool trick most expensive effect I've paid for by far.

jj1565 01-07-2013 10:24 AM

if the guitar plays the same then it's probably fine.

visit the setup thread of you want to check neck relief,
intonation, ect.

with that said, hope you told a parent about the blacking out thing.
you need to visit your general doc.

Hereiwas 01-07-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhowell
I can take my guitar cable and hold it to my chest and amp picks up pulses from pacer. cool trick most expensive effect I've paid for by far.

that is cool.

dannyalcatraz 01-07-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhowell
dude your life your business but definitely get to a doctor. I was 16,passed out and woke up with a pacemaker implant for a heart related issue. 26 now and not quite as stubborn. don't ignore it man. btw unrelated but I can take my guitar cable and hold it to my chest and amp picks up pulses from pacer. cool trick most expensive effect I've paid for by far.

Now, all you have to do is have someone make that into a pedal...

'Cause I ain't going to surgery for a heartbeat effect.

mfh123456 01-07-2013 01:39 PM

Standing still for a long time can actually cause the blood to flow poorly (in the heel area). This can cause blackouts. Dont know if that applies.

You should still get it checked out though. Dont mess with your health!

mark.bark 01-07-2013 05:52 PM

im still waiting on pictures of the poor guitar

LicketyBritches 01-07-2013 06:07 PM

in case no one else has mentioned this....... you should go to a doctor