UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Two distortions through two amps? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1581993)

jacko_17 01-09-2013 07:25 AM

Two distortions through two amps?
 
Hi.

I currently have a Vox AC30C2 and a Fender Hotrod Deluxe which I play through both using an ABY switcher. Currently I am using a Diamond distortion pedal before the ABY box so that the distortion is coming out of both amps. However, if I bought another distortion pedal (e.g. Ibanez tubescreamer), I was wondering if it would be possible to send one distortion pedal to one amp and the other distortion pedal to the other amp using the ABY switcher, if so then how?

Thanks.

MrFlibble 01-09-2013 07:49 AM

Tube Screamer is an overdrive, not a distortion, really. But yes, you can send one pedal to one amp and the other pedal to the other amp and still use both amps at the same time; just place the pedals after your ABY.

jacko_17 01-09-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble
Tube Screamer is an overdrive, not a distortion, really. But yes, you can send one pedal to one amp and the other pedal to the other amp and still use both amps at the same time; just place the pedals after your ABY.


Ah yes, apologies for the mix up!

So would be something like


Tuner - Aby THEN A - tubescreamer to amp B - diamond to amp

MrFlibble 01-09-2013 08:11 AM

Yup, that's all there is to it.

jkielq91 01-09-2013 11:03 AM

Cant you just put the distortions after the ABY box?

tukk04 01-09-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkielq91
Cant you just put the distortions after the ABY box?

Mr. Flibble answered TS' question 3 hours before you posted, yet you still said this after he gave a pretty clear solution that is the same as yours, why? I'm guessing you posted without reading the thread first.

TheNameOfNoone 01-09-2013 12:07 PM

I have a solution! Put the distortion pedals after the ABY box!
You're welcome :D

LaidBack 01-09-2013 12:18 PM

Eat the distortion pedals to gain their power and distortion will come out of your fingers...

tukk04 01-09-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNameOfNoone
I have a solution! Put the distortion pedals after the ABY box!
You're welcome :D

buckethead!!!!!!!!:angry:







You bastard :p:

gumbilicious 01-09-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko_17
Hi.

I currently have a Vox AC30C2 and a Fender Hotrod Deluxe which I play through both using an ABY switcher. Currently I am using a Diamond distortion pedal before the ABY box so that the distortion is coming out of both amps. However, if I bought another distortion pedal (e.g. Ibanez tubescreamer), I was wondering if it would be possible to send one distortion pedal to one amp and the other distortion pedal to the other amp using the ABY switcher, if so then how?

Thanks.


@TS: yes, you can send two separate signals to two separate amps. all you'd have to do is hook them up the effects boxes after the ABY box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble
Tube Screamer is an overdrive, not a distortion, really. But yes, you can send one pedal to one amp and the other pedal to the other amp and still use both amps at the same time; just place the pedals after your ABY.


you're pedantic

once again, you start your post off finding something to 'correct' someone on that is not even really pertinent to the original question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ash
Distortion pedals include Fuzz and Overdrive. Both produce a warm and gritty sound. Fuzz produces a more distorted buzzy sound as in the Rolling Stones “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” while overdrive gives a warm tube-amp sound.


http://www.samash.com/opencms/openc...yers-guide.html

maybe you should stop trying to correct people all the time and give advice instead.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.