UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Recommend me a cab (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1582287)

Deenis 01-11-2013 03:47 AM

Recommend me a cab
 
I'm looking for a 4x12 to go with my new egnater renegade. I want something that is very responsive, and sounds tight, warm, and big, but also has some grit and slight crunchiness to it. Can you guys recommend me anything? Looking in the range of 900 bucks or less

Thanks

D

trashedlostfdup 01-11-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deenis
I'm looking for a 4x12 to go with my new egnater renegade. I want something that is very responsive, and sounds tight, warm, and big, but also has some grit and slight crunchiness to it. Can you guys recommend me anything? Looking in the range of 900 bucks or less

Thanks

D


i owned a renegade, i have cabs from orange, mesa, avatar, randall, peavey, etc, and it sounded best on the avatar with V30's mixed with celestion EVH's. but when i played one in the store the stock cab complemented it best. honestly. i tried it on every cab above (i don't think i had the mesa then) and settled on the avatar i have. i sold the renegade quite a while ago. its a decent amp.

but it really sounded best to me on the stock cab.

Hooker84 01-11-2013 05:19 AM

You must play your egnater with various cabs and your guitar...then you can choose the best sound...

Deenis 01-11-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooker84
You must play your egnater with various cabs and your guitar...then you can choose the best sound...

I don't have access to cabs. Just trying to get an idea of what to try out if the opportunity arises

dementiacaptain 01-11-2013 12:51 PM

Where are you in the world? are there no local guitar shops? It is hard to say what you need, because speakers can sound vastly different combined with different amps, and not only that but not everyone agrees on what speakers really "sound" like to begin with, other than vague things like "V30s have a significant mid-spike" or what have you.

Deenis 01-11-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
Where are you in the world? are there no local guitar shops? It is hard to say what you need, because speakers can sound vastly different combined with different amps, and not only that but not everyone agrees on what speakers really "sound" like to begin with, other than vague things like "V30s have a significant mid-spike" or what have you.


I'm in vermont. There are but none with a great selection (as far as I know)

Hooker84 01-11-2013 03:14 PM

Currently, which cab do you use? Anyway, I think you can use a 2x12 with good results...you can see harley benton G212 with V30...120w, good quality and low price, good speakers ( two V30)...this is technical features http://www.thomann.de/it/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm
In this site you can hear semples blues, rock and metal...

Robbgnarly 01-11-2013 07:53 PM

www.avatarspeakers.com
www.whiteboxeng.com

you can custom order cabs from both sites

Hooker84 01-17-2013 06:06 AM

Did you buy the cab? :)

Blktiger0 01-17-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooker84
Did you buy the cab? :)


He's in Vermont, not the UK/Europe. Thomann isn't an option.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.