UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Random Acts of Kindness (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1582396)

sashki 01-11-2013 09:58 PM

Random Acts of Kindness

Has a stranger helped you out? Share your story.

Have you helped a stranger out? Share your story.

Do you believe that boasting about a random act of kindness towards a stranger negates the effect of having done something good? Don't share your story.

Wolfinator-x 01-11-2013 10:00 PM

1 - Yep
2 - Yep
3 - Not necessarily.

K'Nuckles 01-11-2013 10:02 PM

I couldn't finish my mixed grill at the pub last week. Wrapped it up and gave it to a hobo along with a smoke... half the reason was just that I couldn't be bothered to carry it anymore though. :p:

Edit: Oh don't share your story? Whoops.

-Retro- 01-11-2013 10:06 PM

A few years ago I took a class on recording studio techniques. Around this time as well my parents had made the decision that I had to use headphones with my amp. I mentioned to the instructor in between recording that I was gonna buy headphones this week down at my local music store. He pointed at the headphones I was wearing and said "Keep 'em. No charge."

Amuro Jay 01-11-2013 10:09 PM

i always used to give money to every seemingly homeless person who asked me in the city because i felt guilty

so i stopped carrying cash and gave them granola bars instead

like seriously i was going broke

Mudmen190 01-11-2013 10:14 PM

That is all. Although one time I helped a little old lady with some landscaping while I was just walking up the road. I think I scared her deeply, though.

RetroGunslinger 01-11-2013 10:19 PM

I gave a loaf of bread to a tramp because it was blue moldy. Also at a Manowar gig I held everyones beer while they helped a guy back into his wheelchair after the security guards had fallen on him trying to stop a fight

Joshua Garcia 01-11-2013 10:20 PM

I generally like the idea of helping out the less fortunate, but don't do it as much as I should. Though I am making plans to donate $100 to some charity soon, so that counts for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashki
Has a stranger helped you out? Share your story.

Well, this one time when I was 8, I was playing junior league football and fell and had a hair line fracture on my knee cap. So then this one guy jumped the fence out of nowhere and helped me walk to the car to go to the doctor.

It was the most romantic thing I've ever seen.

No homo.

devourke 01-11-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGunslinger
I gave a loaf of bread to a tramp because it was blue moldy.

Can mould on bread be bad for you? I'm just wondering because sometimes I make my own bread and it gets mouldy pretty fast because there are no preservatives or anything in it, but I still want to eat it because it's food.

Bob_Sacamano 01-11-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devourke
Can mould on bread be bad for you? I'm just wondering because sometimes I make my own bread and it gets mouldy pretty fast because there are no preservatives or anything in it, but I still want to eat it because it's food.

I'm pretty sure it'll mostly just make your stomach sick if anything.

chookiecookie 01-11-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:
Also at a Manowar gig I held everyones beer while they helped a guy back into his wheelchair after the security guards had fallen on him trying to stop a fight

That's just plain awesome.

RetroGunslinger 01-11-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Well I know that blue mould will make you violently sick. My dad once ate what he thought was a blueberry muffin and he was gushing out everywhere

sashki 01-11-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Cut out the blue part and put the rest in the toaster. Or just bake smaller loaves so you can finish them before they get mouldy.

-Retro- 01-11-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:
Well I know that blue mould will make you violently sick. My dad once ate what he thought was a blueberry muffin and he was gushing out everywhere

I hope it was originally a muffin and not a piece of bread. Cause that'd be pretty deformed...and seriously screwed up.

katalyzt13 01-11-2013 10:52 PM

I quit being nice to strangers because they always act like I'm an ax murderer...my wife has since told me that in public I glare at everyone like I'm about to flip out, so that may be why...

Wolfinator-x 01-11-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashki
Cut out the blue part and put the rest in the toaster. Or just bake smaller loaves so you can finish them before they get mouldy.
You do have to take out a substantial part of the surrounding areas though, because you get rid of the roots of the mold.

So-Cal 01-11-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

I'm always cautious when eating old blueberry muffins, you can never tell.

fail 01-11-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
i always used to give money to every seemingly homeless person who asked me in the city because i felt guilty

so i stopped carrying cash and gave them granola bars instead

like seriously i was going broke

Yep, I stopped doing it because they would always rudely ask if I had more. I feel bad cause I wanna help them out but I can only give so much money/sandwiches

devourke 01-11-2013 11:09 PM

So what I'm gathering here, is that I need to gobble up my bread faster. ty ug, you're much cheaper than professional nutritionists.

So-Cal 01-11-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:
So what I'm gathering here, is that I need to gobble up my bread faster. ty ug, you're much cheaper than professional nutritionists.

or cook less bread.