UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tabs & Chords (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Progressive riff ideas, logic (gp5 gp4 mid) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1582684)

PatrekurÖrn 01-13-2013 08:52 PM

Progressive riff ideas, logic (gp5 gp4 mid)
 
3 Attachment(s)
How my mind makes music over a logical backing pattern.

ChemicalFire 01-13-2013 08:55 PM

...errm

Macabre_Turtle 01-13-2013 10:22 PM

:o



Just because you're trying to be crazy, or experimental, and play with atonal stuff and polymeters and blah blah... doesn't mean you shouldn't try to make it sound good.

amonamarthmetal 01-13-2013 10:46 PM

I knew, even before pressing play, that this was going to be utter crap. Congratulations on achieving nothing.

xbitmetal 01-14-2013 01:48 AM

Holy smoke.. Crack? Meth? Wtf did I just hear?

frankibo 01-14-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonamarthmetal
I knew, even before pressing play, that this was going to be utter crap. Congratulations on achieving nothing.

:haha:

This would be a funny troll if I hadn't clearly taken ages to put together. It's really just tragically sad.

ChemicalFire 01-14-2013 05:18 AM

This works a hell of a lot better with one or two of the guitar tracks playing at any given time. Five of them is just massive overkill.

EpiExplorer 01-14-2013 07:05 AM

Makes PsyOpus seem legit.

This is a really pointless peice of music. Not only did it fail to prove that there's any logic behind it, but it essentially proves that anyone with a computer thinks they can make music.

Ometh 01-14-2013 09:15 PM

That is INSANE. I'm not shure but I kind of like it lol.

NegiTom 01-15-2013 04:23 AM

Find myself agreeing with Epi and Chemical Fire. It does make PsyOpus seem pretty legit, and one or two of the guitar tracks aren't bad. Having a constant dual guitar solo throughout the song is just laborious and unnecessary. Either way I fail to see any logic to this.

PatrekurÖrn 01-15-2013 06:37 AM

First riff is just a test putting odd time signatures over 4/4 and making it end up in sync then i added "0805932289" which is a number that's personal to me and then trubbibubbi which is a shitty user name I used somewhere. Used the alphabet to find out what number each letter would be and put that over that. The diminished solo was just something random I decided to put over that. The second riff is just a very very weird chord progression that I took apart and made a riff out of, I get that you don't like the amount of harmonizing but I enjoy having that. I'm sorry that you hate this so much but I like it.

ChemicalFire 01-15-2013 09:36 AM

Arbitrarily choosing numbers != logic

NegiTom 01-15-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Arbitrarily choosing numbers != logic


Yup.

Macabre_Turtle 01-15-2013 10:23 AM

The problem is that you're trying to write music specifically to be technical instead of simply writing good music that happens to be technical. I could be bias in that I think the only band I've seen make this atonal seemingly senseless stuff work in a way that I like it is The Dillinger Escape Plan.

crazysam23_Atax 01-15-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrekurÖrn
First riff is just a test putting odd time signatures over 4/4 and making it end up in sync then i added "0805932289" which is a number that's personal to me and then trubbibubbi which is a shitty user name I used somewhere. Used the alphabet to find out what number each letter would be and put that over that. The diminished solo was just something random I decided to put over that. The second riff is just a very very weird chord progression that I took apart and made a riff out of, I get that you don't like the amount of harmonizing but I enjoy having that. I'm sorry that you hate this so much but I like it.

Wait, wait...so your composing logic was just:
1. Pick random number and convert it to notes.
2. Convert "trubbibubbi" to number form and then convert those numbers to notes.
3. Make up weird chord progression and take it apart.
4. Mash it all together.


You really have zero composition logic. I think you need to step back and work on your composition skills a bit, if this was seriously your thought process for composing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macabre_Turtle
The problem is that you're trying to write music specifically to be technical instead of simply writing good music that happens to be technical. I could be bias in that I think the only band I've seen make this atonal seemingly senseless stuff work in a way that I like it is The Dillinger Escape Plan.

And that only works because their composition skills are great.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.