UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Looping pedal with drum machine (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583233)

Mlagz 01-16-2013 10:18 PM

Looping pedal with drum machine

I've been looking for a good loop pedal that also has a drum machine. I've been using the boss rc20 for years, and while it does the job for looping, the drum machine sounds horrible. And I've also used the DL4 for a while. It's just difficult to hit the loop to get everything in sync. Maybe something more touch sensitive would do the trick...like this iPad keyboard I'm using right now. Anyway, I just like the idea of performing with a good sounding drum loop as well as being able to loop tracks without it getting overwhelming.

I think this girl is great and I like what she does with her effects.

Ive been trying to figure out what pedal shes using because id like something similar. I'd appreciate if anyone knew what this is or can recommend something similar.

311ZOSOVHJH 01-20-2013 05:25 PM

free bump

fly135 01-20-2013 11:26 PM

Unfortunately no one appears to have put a decent drum machine in a looper. The Zoom G5 and G3 have a reasonable rhythm machine but short loops and no persistent storage. The older GNX4 multifx has a Jamman looper and a full synced MIDI drum machine. Lastly you can put pre-recorded drum loops on a Jamman looper.

Mlagz 01-21-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135
Unfortunately no one appears to have put a decent drum machine in a looper. The Zoom G5 and G3 have a reasonable rhythm machine but short loops and no persistent storage. The older GNX4 multifx has a Jamman looper and a full synced MIDI drum machine. Lastly you can put pre-recorded drum loops on a Jamman looper.

That's strange that no one has put something like that out, don't ya think? I'm still curious as to what she's using in the beginning with the drum effect.

Mlagz 01-21-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311ZOSOVHJH
free bump

grazie

i_am_metalhead 01-21-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlagz
That's strange that no one has put something like that out, don't ya think? I'm still curious as to what she's using in the beginning with the drum effect.

From what I gather she seems to be using some sort of sampler with drum sounds programmed into it, and she's running that into a looper. I may be wrong - but that's what it looks like to me.

fly135 01-21-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_metalhead
From what I gather she seems to be using some sort of sampler with drum sounds programmed into it, and she's running that into a looper. I may be wrong - but that's what it looks like to me.
I only watched the first minute, but what she is doing is.... She starts the looper recording and hits the drum pads then ends the loop. Then she starts playing. You can do that with any looper.

Edit: whoops meant to quote the TS's post above. Your answer is pretty much the same as what I wrote.

mrloopdoggydogg 04-11-2013 04:59 AM

Morning everyone,
I looked through a lot of forums to find a solution I was happy with to this problem and it seems like a lot of people want to keep their loops in sync with their drums. Not too much to ask you'd think but something the manufacturers seem not to have managed on most loop pedals.
If you don't want a computer or full midi controller set-up then I think the simplest way is to connect an Alesis Sr-16 Drum machine (cheap) via one midi cable (cheaper) to the Pigtronix Infinity Looper.
It works straight away, you play some drums, loop some loops and they will stay in time forever.

I made a video because I know a few people are trying to do this.

[forbidden link]

mrloopdoggydogg 04-11-2013 05:17 AM

Sorry, didn't realise you couldn't put links.

If you search for MrLoopDoggyDogg on YouTube you should be able to find me and then click on the Daft Punk Aerodynamic (Loop Cover) video if you want to see some loops synced to a drum machine.

Cheers.