UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gear Building & Customizing (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Warmoth strat Bodies: Which one do you guy's like better? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583524)

Maineguitarist 01-18-2013 04:01 PM

Warmoth strat Bodies: Which one do you guy's like better?

Well I'm getting my first job this spring ( :D ), and I think I'm gonna start a Warmoth Partscaster build. I designed two bodies (Same wood, Pickups and hardware, different finishes and pickguards) and I was wondering, which one do you like better?

This one:

Or this one:

It will have a Amber tinted maple neck

George Juggles 01-18-2013 05:04 PM

First one looks a bit more vintagey, while the second one looks a bit more modern.

It's your choice, but personally I like the first one better.

LeakyFlask 01-18-2013 05:09 PM

I like the first one a lot better, I'm a sucker for natural finishes. Not to keen on the pickguard though, again a personal preference, of course. I really don't like pickguards in anything but black or white, and black pickguards on natural finishes look no-nonsense and excellent.

supersac 01-18-2013 05:43 PM

i prefer the first one
dat finish

whoomit 01-18-2013 06:03 PM

I like the second.

MrFlibble 01-18-2013 06:48 PM

Second, but go with black pearl instead of silver shell; silver shell guards in person are much lighter in colour than they are shown on the site. Black pearl in person looks like silver shell does on the site.

Oh, and don't go for the tinted neck. Warmoth's neck tint is bright orange. Also, the material they use for their neck finishes is very sticky. If you don't want to finish the neck yourself, consider getting a neck made of wood that can be used raw (rosewood, pau ferro, canary, etc) or only get Warmoth to do a normal clear satin finish; this naturally ages a lot quicker than their other finishes, and because it's un-buffed nitro you can simply buy properly tinted nitro from elsewhere and spray it right over for a good aged-maple look.
Alternatively, Musikraft's neck finishes use a much more accurate tint, plus they give you more options at a lower price, and semi-roll the fretboard and smooth off the fret ends, which Warmoth don't do. Hell, they'll even install Kluson tuners for you. The downside to Musikraft ove Warmoth is that they only use classic-style truss rods, whereas Warmoth use their double truss rod which is sturdier.

W4RP1G 01-18-2013 08:45 PM

Second one, except with a white pearloid pickguard. The one in that pic is just too damn busy, I'm a sucker for a blue strat with a white pickguard.

Also, what fibble said. The Warmoth neck tint is ghastly. I'd sooner get it finished with clear nitro and the leave it in the sun or under a UV light to give it a natural tint.

LeviMan_2001 01-18-2013 08:47 PM

Both look nasty IMO

Maineguitarist 01-18-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMan_2001
Both look nasty IMO

Positively or negatively? Cause I've heard it used both ways on here.

sytharnia1560 01-19-2013 12:37 AM

1st one with the second ones pickguard

LeviMan_2001 01-19-2013 02:25 AM

Negitive. But I'm a vintage strat kind of guy so I suppose that'd make sense.

Maineguitarist 01-19-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMan_2001
Negitive. But I'm a vintage strat kind of guy so I suppose that'd make sense.

:shrug: fair enough, I mean, what sane person doesn't like a vintage? The only reason I didn't use vintage specs was because it doesn't fit my genres (Alt., Punk, grundge, and Rock). :shrug:

MrFlibble 01-20-2013 12:11 AM

Me.

Oh, 'sane'. Sorry.

Maineguitarist 01-20-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble
Me.

Oh, 'sane'. Sorry.

:haha: :haha: :haha: