UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Acoustic & Classical Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   NGD - Fender CD60 All Mahogany! (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583531)

DarkRidder 01-18-2013 05:12 PM

NGD - Fender CD60 All Mahogany!

Hey guys,

After chatting with some of you, I decided to buy this guitar. And, DAMN, Sounds Gorgeous!

And here is it with a tuner that the storekeeper borrowed me.

OK, those are crappy photos, I know, but my main Camera is broken and I can only take better photos one a friend comes here, probably next week.

I will post a review on her as soon as I can.

Thanks to all the opinions on her, any question, just put it here :)

Peace out!

stepchildusmc 01-18-2013 07:38 PM

nice... i always love a good NGD. much better looking than all of the black one i always see.

Robbin'TheHood 01-18-2013 10:52 PM

Happy new gear day.

patticake 01-19-2013 02:25 AM

congrats - enjoy your new guitar :)

UnmagicMushroom 01-19-2013 03:08 AM

That's a mighty fine piece of wood there! Enjoy :cheers:

I especially like what Fender have done with their now logo :haha:

DarkRidder 01-19-2013 10:05 PM

Ahahaha, the camera doesnt revert the image, but it is a official Fender, not a chinese one :p

This is, indeed, a very nice piece of wood, the harmonics on her are just SO EASY! Even the tapping ones...

Got one question: The Strings are hard (I know, they are supposed to be), but doesnt a higher gauge string make it smoother? What could do?

Cheers and thanks for the opinions guys!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention, I AM IN LOVE WITH HER AND WITH HER MAHOGANY! That tone is just... epic, give me chiils!

Also, where is a nice site of learning guitar? With the basic steps?

stepchildusmc 01-20-2013 08:16 AM

justinguitar.com

DarkRidder 01-22-2013 12:22 PM

Thank you, and about getting smoother action? Would higher gauge help it? Like 11'?

patticake 01-22-2013 12:33 PM

lighter strings (if your guitar currently has 12s, 11s or 10s) could make the guitar easier to play, and for fairly new players, can be helpful. i have weak hands and wrists and use 10s on some of my guitars, 12s on the rest. getting a setup and having the action lowered by a qualified luthier or guitar tech would also help, and is well worth doing.

cdhowell 01-22-2013 01:04 PM

I have the CD60 in Sunburst, great guitar man. Enjoy it.

dannyalcatraz 01-22-2013 02:44 PM

!DGNH

!Rednef wen ruoy yojne

DarkRidder 01-22-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhowell
I have the CD60 in Sunburst, great guitar man. Enjoy it.

True story man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyacatraz
!DGNH

!Rednef wen ruoy yojne

That comment was a joy to read (and yes, I did get it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake
lighter strings (if your guitar currently has 12s, 11s or 10s) could make the guitar easier to play, and for fairly new players, can be helpful. i have weak hands and wrists and use 10s on some of my guitars, 12s on the rest. getting a setup and having the action lowered by a qualified luthier or guitar tech would also help, and is well worth doing.

I think they are 9', but I am not sure... If they are 9 already, what can I do?

Captaincranky 01-23-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRidder
I think they are 9', but I am not sure... If they are 9 already, what can I do?
I've turned over a new leaf. Hence I'm offering several answers. Choose the one that helps the most, and / or offends you the least.

My Fender "Sonoran" was shipped with .012 to .053, which is a standard "acoustic light" string set.

I can't picture any maker shipping an acoustic with an .009 e-1 set.

They don't even make a standard acoustic string set with an .009 1st.

Get the guitar set up properly. Then.....

Grow a pair. Everything in life isn't going to be handed to you. Playing the acoustic guitar is a fairly physical undertaking..no pain, no gain.

Suffer a bit at first, then brag about the callouses on your fingers later. It's either that, or piano lessons. :rolleyes:

The Fender CD-60, while it may indeed be, "all mahogany". Is also, (maybe), "all mahogany laminate".

There are only three species of true mahogany on earth. All of which, to the best of my knowledge, are protected.

In any event, there are much, much, worse things in the world to be saddled with than a laminate guitar. To the upside, they're pretty rugged, and much less touchy about relative humidity, than are their solid wood cousins. I have an "all ash", Ibanez "Exotic Wood" model. While I don't normally admit to it here at UG, it sounds pretty good to me. Although, with that said, you know how misery loves company.

In any event, HNGD...! And I mean that, from the bottom of my cold, black, heart.... :devil: :D

Did you ever explain why the pictures are printed in reverse? Are you "Alice in Wonderland" looking back through the mirror? :confused: Am I hallucinating? (Sure, like that's ever happened to me). ;)

stepchildusmc 01-23-2013 09:10 PM

they're not backwards cranky... it's you. you must have your contacts in backward again ! being a southpaw yourself, your just seeing them the right way finally and its confusing.

And I mean that, from the bottom of my cold, black, heart....
and i been tellin' everyone you didn't have one !

DarkRidder 01-23-2013 10:59 PM

Ahah, sincerity at its best!

Thank you! I will choose the painy way......!

DarkRidder 01-25-2013 07:25 PM

Reviewed HERE