UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Another Short Film * (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583901)

ricardo_sousa11 01-20-2013 07:46 PM

Another Short Film *

Hey UG'rs

Heres my latest and probably the last one for a few months (classes end this week finally)...

Hope you guys like it =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufay...eature=youtu.be

metaldud536 01-20-2013 07:58 PM

No me gusta

Danjo's Guitar 01-20-2013 08:06 PM

Thats terrible! (Not badly done though.)

Ssargentslayer 01-20-2013 08:06 PM

He really wanted to die...

ricardo_sousa11 01-20-2013 08:12 PM

Hahaha he did xD

Joshua Garcia 01-20-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo_sousa11
Hahaha he did xD

Suicide is no laughing matter, TS. You should be ashamed of yourself. :no:
...And if you're not, I'm ashamed for you.

Gantz92 01-20-2013 08:21 PM

I liked your other short films but i have to say i really didn't like this one. Maybe some people think suicide is entertaining but i sure don't.

Danjo's Guitar 01-20-2013 08:24 PM

I like your insomnia one though.

lefty2086 01-20-2013 08:31 PM

Not what I was expecting, but well done. What camera and editing software did you use?

Tempoe 01-20-2013 08:37 PM

That was really good, I'll have to check your others. I liked the shots and editing. As good as any low budget stuff you see.
Actor was pretty good too. He probably would've dropped the gun in the first one though.

ricardo_sousa11 01-20-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia
Suicide is no laughing matter, TS. You should be ashamed of yourself. :no:
...And if you're not, I'm ashamed for you.

The whole point of the film is not showing diferent types of suicide, nor the sadness/reality of it. Even tough I have used it as a method, its not the main message.
It is suposed to be slightly comic, but not with an intent of being taken seriously. Sometimes we chase something all our lives, and when we stop chasing it, you finally get it.
I know it can "shock" a few people, but then again these days everything does, and I am aware this film isnt for everyone as it can be hurtfull for some.

*The intent is make it as "professional" as possible with the lowest budget possible, in this case was around 10 for props (as the camera was borrowed).
** This one was shot with a 600D, and the others with a 550D, all borrowed because I cannot buy my own yet. The editing is all done in Sony Vegas 11.

homeless-john 01-20-2013 09:25 PM

It was interesting and I enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for juxtaposed music choices and that one was pretty good. Also for 10 euros, it looks very impressive I gotta say.

I feel like the last life shoulda been a bit longer though. To better show what he'd been through so that the accident had more of an impact.

Other than that, keep it up!

:cheers:

metaldud536 01-20-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo_sousa11
The whole point of the film is not showing diferent types of suicide, nor the sadness/reality of it. Even tough I have used it as a method, its not the main message.
It is suposed to be slightly comic, but not with an intent of being taken seriously. Sometimes we chase something all our lives, and when we stop chasing it, you finally get it.
I know it can "shock" a few people, but then again these days everything does, and I am aware this film isnt for everyone as it can be hurtfull for some.

Thing is, I didn't get from watching it. I saw a montage of different ways to die.

boreamor 01-20-2013 09:27 PM

I preferred mine! (shameful plugging)

ricardo_sousa11 01-20-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless-john
It was interesting and I enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for juxtaposed music choices and that one was pretty good. Also for 10 euros, it looks very impressive, I gotta say.

I feel like the last life shoulda been a bit longer though. To better show what he'd been through so that the accident had more of an impact.

Other than that, keep it up!

:cheers:

Thank you, I quite agree, I was suposed to reshoot the last scene tomorrow, but the owner of the camera will need the camera for his work, therefore I am unable to do so. I would like a bit more impact on the accident.

ricardo_sousa11 01-20-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldud536
Thing is, I didn't get from watching it. I saw a montage of different ways to die.

I understand, and I am sorry, it was not meant to be a montage of suicides/deaths. I honestly can't tell the opinion of a person "from the outside" as for my own opinion is biased because I made it so its hard, but I understand it could pass along that feeling.

* I do not intend on anyway hurt anyones feelings *

Nero Galon 01-20-2013 09:35 PM

Surprised me quite a bit compared to your last one haha.

tortilla 01-20-2013 09:47 PM

It was much too
blithe for my taste.

ricardo_sousa11 01-20-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Galon
Surprised me quite a bit compared to your last one haha.

Positive surprise, I hope :P

Nero Galon 01-20-2013 10:18 PM

Yeah, I like those sorts of things.