UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Near Death Experiences -- Do share. (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583964)

treborillusion 01-21-2013 04:24 AM

Near Death Experiences -- Do share.

I guess I can count 3.

One when I was born.

One when I wrote off a Ford Fiesta.

One when I didn't go to sleep for 5 days and wound up on section when I was 18.
Yeah, turns out you need sleep, young dumb reckless me didn't know that.

I was born not breathing, I drowned in my own shit, literally! The get go was shit -- has been up hill ever since.

That's me, what about you?

PoisonousNipple 01-21-2013 04:29 AM

Lance Armstrong is one hell of a guy.

shavorules42 01-21-2013 04:30 AM

Goddamn it you were so close too.

ErikLensherr 01-21-2013 04:30 AM

9/11

Amuro Jay 01-21-2013 04:37 AM

one time i looked in the mirror

idk how i survived that one

willT08 01-21-2013 04:39 AM

I've never nearly died because I don't get in to situations where literal death is a significant possibility.

Amuro Jay 01-21-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
one time i looked in the mirror

idk how i survived that one
by this i mean i am so sexy i had a heart attack

slash_GNR666 01-21-2013 04:45 AM

When my banjo string snapped....I thought I was a goner

treborillusion 01-21-2013 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
by this i mean i am so sexy i had a heart attack

If looks could kill, eh?

Amuro Jay 01-21-2013 04:46 AM

that's exactly how it was

Minkaro 01-21-2013 04:51 AM

Death had a near me experience once.

homeless-john 01-21-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_GNR666
When my banjo string snapped....I thought I was a goner

I really hope you mean that you own a banjo and a string snapped cos otherwise it's too early for this.

Jehannum 01-21-2013 04:54 AM

There've been a few. Once on family holiday in Torquay when I was about 16. My sister and I were running around these trees on a hill of grass. We started running downhill and the gradient of the hill increased sharply. There was no way we could stop. We both made the decision to crash stop into trees. This worked. Then we looked where we'd been heading and there was a 50 metre cliff drop to the beach. We we about five steps from death.

_KurtCobain_77 01-21-2013 04:55 AM

On a long trip by myself (central Alberta to Western BC), I dozed off and opened my eyes just in time to swerve out of the way of oncoming traffic (single lane (one each way) highway)

Probably scared the shit out of the car driving towards me.

supersac 01-21-2013 04:57 AM

ive had quite a few just going to type out the ones i remember best atm
1.i was born with the umblilical cord wrapped around my neck and my twin brother dead from the same thing(people joke that we were fighting in there) but my mother and me both almost died that day

2.when i was 15 i was in a hit and run accident that left my right leg permanently damaged

3.on my way to the United states there were some complications....ill leave it at that

4. this is a few times but im counting it as one since ive had insomnie for years ive had a few close calls with falling asleep or being drowsy at the wrong time such as driving,on the job(construction), bus stop etc. not to count the damage days of stying awake is doing

a few others my doctors amazed at my tolerence for pain...
....ill be aight

Dregen 01-21-2013 04:58 AM

had about 4 beers one night at a friend's place. decided later after i got back home to take my antidepressant (remeron 30 mg/nightly) when i was still taking it. my buzz had gone a few hours before but i guess that the alcohol still was in my system when i took it because i ended up going unconscious for like half an hour.

pretty much how it went was me and my friend got back to his place (where i lived at the time) after drinking that night. i decided to take my meds and i got really hungry (side effect of the meds) so i went up to make some toast. i got sick all of a sudden and ran to the bathroom thinking i was going to puke. by the time i got to the bathroom i felt pretty fucked up, then my whole body went limp and i dropped on the floor. my friend actually told me he woke up to it hah, and he was pretty drunk. he told me he heard me walking out of the bathroom about 30 minutes later, which is the only reason i knew how long i was out for.

by the point i was on the floor, everything felt pretty unreal and i was cold and couldn't move. i knew something was going to happen and i felt myself starting to go out. fought it for a bit but i caved in. all i remember thinking before i whited out and went unconscious was "well, guess this is it then". that's it lol, i was pretty much fucking numb to everything. then i woke up (literally felt like seconds later) with sweat all over my body. after that i just wiped myself off, ate the cold toast and went to sleep.

at least i didn't puke i guess. i really don't particularly know why it happened since i know people that drink on their meds. i wasn't even buzzed when it happened, but my body must just have low tolerance for that shit.

whywefight 01-21-2013 05:09 AM

Everything I've ever done is a near-death experience.

Joshua Garcia 01-21-2013 05:10 AM

Only came close when I had some bad sleep paralysis. My head almost exploded. Or so it felt like. It happened at least 2 or 3 times in my lifetime.

Rawshik 01-21-2013 05:19 AM

Wow, I didn't realize how many people have had actual near death experiences. I've never even had a near near near near near death experience.

voncameron 01-21-2013 05:25 AM

Being in the Army is fun.