UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Not sure if i should get one of these. (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583977)

T00DEEPBLUE 01-21-2013 07:46 AM

Not sure if i should get one of these.
 
I am tempted to get an Ouija board flag to hang from my ceiling, because of the controversy behind it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

What are your thoughts on this? I am a Pantheist, so i do not believe in any of this folklore about an innocent game being a way for Satan to summon demonic possesion on the people who use it.

I know of people who are genuinely scared of such a commodity, as it is allegedly a vessel for the devil. The fact that people are so terrified of something so innocent and harmless is why i want one. I almost see Ouija as an artpiece for this reason.

Now here is the problem: My sister occasionally visits us and is an evangelical Christian. She has heard about Ouija and seriously believes that it's an evil device. The relationship between her, myself and the rest of my family (as they are atheists themselves) is already strained because her faith is making her arrogant, willfully ignorant and overly-obsessive with the Bible.

But the fact that she is scared of it makes it even more tempting to buy, because it just re-enforces my fascination with the board even more, in how modern-day people are literally so terrified of it. I wouldn't be all that surprised if my sister burned the flag!

I don't want to buy this because my sister is scared of it, I just want to own one as an artpiece.

So what are your thoughts, Pit?

TL;DR: I want an Ouija board flag, sister is scared of Ouija. Don't nessesarily want to scare her, but i want one because it's connection with the occult interests me. Should i get one?

N_J_B_B 01-21-2013 07:48 AM

So you don't believe in the connection with the occult but you maintain that it's the board/image's connection with the occult that interests you?

stop being edgy pls

Neo Evil11 01-21-2013 07:48 AM

Yes.

SaintsofNowhere 01-21-2013 07:48 AM

dick move.

VillainousLatin 01-21-2013 07:51 AM

Wouldn't it be funny if you bought the Ouija board, got possessed by a demon and then raped/killed your sister? :haha:

Anyways, I've found that thing interesting too and I've always wanted one but I never did.

slash_GNR666 01-21-2013 07:53 AM

Buy a Jumanji board and fuck off to the jungle for 26 years.

T00DEEPBLUE 01-21-2013 07:53 AM

I hate to sound like a noob, but i forgot to add a poll. How do i add a poll to an existing thread, or can't it be done?

Telecaster7 01-21-2013 07:53 AM

Do it, it's your own life. You can be scared of her bible if you like.

FireFromTheVoid 01-21-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
I hate to sound like a noob, but i forgot to add a poll. How do i add a poll to an existing thread, or can't it be done?

Bottom of the page under thread tools I think.
It`s been forever since I made a thread.

Mephaphil 01-21-2013 07:56 AM

I once done the iron horns innocently to a devout Christian lady I worked with, she asked me what it meant and when I told her she retracted in fear.

It was kinda funny. Anyway, your sister is the one who needs to accept that you don't believe in it. You could argue that it's not a necessity and if your sister is gonna shit herself is it worth it? But when does it end?

I'd say get it if you want it and if your sister sees it tell her to chill out and steer the conversation elsewhere. Or take it down when she's there.

Neo Evil11 01-21-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillainousLatin
Wouldn't it be funny if you bought the Ouija board, got possessed by a demon and then raped/killed your sister? :haha:

Anyways, I've found that thing interesting too and I've always wanted one but I never did.

For us bystanders it would. I don't think he, his sister, his parents or the demon will be laughing.

MadClownDisease 01-21-2013 08:00 AM

I think getting something just because it's controversial is a bit of a stupid "I'm do edgy!" kind of thing to do, but if you want one I wouldn't let your sister stop you, especially if she's overly preachy herself.

Nero Galon 01-21-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash_GNR666
Buy a Jumanji board and fuck off to the jungle for 26 years.


:haha:

I'd like to try out a Ouija board for myself someday.

Hydra150 01-21-2013 08:03 AM

But you're a polite, caring and friendly guy who's sweet and loving (from what I've been told). Does this sound like something a polite, caring and friendly guy who's sweet and loving would do to his sibling?

T00DEEPBLUE 01-21-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
For us bystanders it would. I don't think he, his sister, his parents or the demon will be laughing.

I think the demon would be laughing the hardest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
I think getting something just because it's controversial is a bit of a stupid "I'm do edgy!" kind of thing to do, but if you want one I wouldn't let your sister stop you, especially if she's overly preachy herself.

I don't want one to be rebellious, i just want one because of the story behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
But you're a polite, caring and friendly guy who's sweet and loving (from what I've been told). Does this sound like something a polite, caring and friendly guy who's sweet and loving would do to his sibling?

But i'm not doing this out of malicious intent, i just want one because i think it's art. My sister rarely visits us these days, i could just take it down whenever she visits as Phil suggested.

Telecaster7 01-21-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Galon
:haha:

I'd like to try out a Ouija board for myself someday.


You might as well try out a cheese board. Same thing, except a cheese board is more useful.

Neo Evil11 01-21-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
I think the demon would be laughing the hardest.

Really? Would you want to be stuck in that ugly body of TS? I don't think raping his ugly sister is that fantastic either.

Powersurge213 01-21-2013 08:05 AM

tbh it sounds like a dick move to get one because it's controversial...
Also, call me ignorant, but what actually is a Pantheist?

T00DEEPBLUE 01-21-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
Really? Would you want to be stuck in that ugly body of TS? I don't think raping his ugly sister is that fantastic either.

I'd consider myself to be a 3/10, i'm not THAT ugly. My sister has a boyfriend too so she can't be that ugly either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersurge213
Also, call me ignorant, but what actually is a Pantheist?

That God is a metaphor to describe the material universe. And that nature is something to be actively revered.

chookiecookie 01-21-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T00DEEPBLUE
TL;DR: I want an Ouija board flag, sister is scared of Ouija. Don't nessesarily want to scare her, but i want one because it's connection with the occult interests me. Should i get one?


Buy a giant Ouija board. Modify it to where there are straps in the four corners and proceed to temporarily neutralize your sister with some form of neurotoxin. Strap her to the board while she's unconscious, unclothe her and then proceed to dress up in black robes holding and equip yourself with a scythe.

Begin to chant Latin (chant something innocent like 'kittens are fluffy. Your sister doesn't speak Latin. She won't know.) over her body and the board. She will begin to panic. Cut your wrist with the scythe and pour the blood into her bellybutton.

She will begin to panic hard, possibly scream.

Begin to chant something else in Latin, as if part of a ritual. (Again, something innocent. Something about pastry treats would work) When finished chanting, read her last rites. When you are finished ask her if she believes her time has come (she'll most likely beg at this point) and that's when you unstrap her and say 'I was just ****ing with you

Disclaimer: Results may vary.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.