UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I have a problem with my guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1583992)

metalish 01-21-2013 10:04 AM

I have a problem with my guitar

Hello Ug community,
First of all i dunno if this is the right section to post my problem at or not but since i am already here lets start. lately ive been hearing a strange noise from my guitar especially when i am playing open strings to the point that the guitar is perfectly in tune yet the things that i play doesn't sound exactly as it should be, i thought that the problem was with my strings so i changed them but the problem still exist, this is driving me really mad
Notes 1-i don't know if its due to the gain or what ,but my strings make noise with the slightest touch which make it much harder for me to play while focusing on muting
2-whenever i plug-in my guitar ,i hear a buzz coming out of the amp ,its like a whistle that doesn't stop
3- ive read on the internet while searching for a solution that the problem could be with the bridge ,but i thought that coming here would be a better idea

ZepJunkie 01-21-2013 10:22 AM

Does the buzzing stop when you touch the strings, bridge or output jack? If so it sounds like you just need to re solder the ground to the bridge.

metalish 01-21-2013 10:26 AM

well i tried what u just told me ,the noise does decrease significantly when i touch the strings ,it doesn't complete disappear tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepJunkie
Does the buzzing stop when you touch the strings, bridge or output jack? If so it sounds like you just need to re solder the ground to the bridge.

ZepJunkie 01-21-2013 10:29 AM

Yeah, re solder the ground wire to the bridge, and its always gonna have a little hum. Try a different amp and a different outlet too.

metalish 01-21-2013 10:52 AM

Excuse my ignorance but i don't really understand what u r saying ,what is a ground wire :D?

chookiecookie 01-21-2013 11:09 AM

Your guitar doesn't seem to be routed properly. Do what ZepJunkie said.

If you move your cable while it's plugged into your jack does the sound cut in/out/pop, etc?

ZepJunkie 01-21-2013 11:10 AM

Just re solder that

metalish 01-21-2013 11:54 AM

I managed to find the ground wire ,the strange thing is that the wire is perfectly in place and perfectly intact,should i modify it in any way?

ZepJunkie 01-21-2013 12:08 PM

Yep. You wont hurt anything re soldering a wire. you cant mess anything up. It happens on all the pickups right?

metalish 01-21-2013 12:18 PM

well yeah it does ,but when i first read re Soldering i thought i'd find it broken ,okay anyway i'll do as u told me :)
And thx very much for this

ZepJunkie 01-21-2013 01:17 PM

anytime dude! If it doesnt work it may be your amp or a pot may be improperly grounded.