UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Childhood (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1584161)

TheSPillow 01-22-2013 03:37 AM

Childhood

What was yours like? Mine wasn't really perfect, but at the time it seemed wonderful. Recently I've found myself face-to-face with reality more often than I like.

Just the thought that I'll never ever be a child/experience childhood again is the among the saddest things I've ever thought. I don't really talk to my childhood friends anymore and I've found myself trying to make a transition into adulthood but I just can't not be overly nostalgic.

I feel like my childhood was many orders of magnitude more joyful than my life now. I had so many innocent, wonderful experiences. I can't imagine how I'll feel when I'm 50+ and reminiscing on young adulthood.

PoisonousNipple 01-22-2013 03:38 AM

When you were a child you were dumb, so there's always that.

MinterMan22 01-22-2013 03:39 AM

too much booze

don't remember

TheSPillow 01-22-2013 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonousNipple
When you were a child you were dumb, so there's always that.

That and the fact you've never really experienced anything before. You can just have fun finding things out and not really have any responsibility.

5thCircuitRider 01-22-2013 03:45 AM

Looking back, my life was never anywhere near ideal, but I had fun in my childhood ignorance. That is the beauty of it, I guess.

ErikLensherr 01-22-2013 03:49 AM

I prefer the control I'm able to exercise over my own affairs as a young adult. If I want a cookie I'll have a ****ing cookie, thanks.

WantsLesPaul 01-22-2013 03:58 AM

Loved mine, which is bad, because I can't get back there :( :(

Joshua Garcia 01-22-2013 03:59 AM

I hardly remember much. My parents say it was probably because I was borderline ADD and had to take medication for it for a long while. They say it probably caused memory loss, which makes sense because I remember things better after I stopped. It's kinda sad.

mr.retard 01-22-2013 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia
I hardly remember much. My parents say it was probably because I was borderline ADD and had to take medication for it for a long while. They say it probably caused memory loss, which makes sense because I remember things better after I stopped. It's kinda sad.

i had adhd and took a lot of medications and i have a good memory of my childhood. i'm not saying that medications for add/adhd don't cause memory loss. i'm just saying it didn't happen to me. sorry it happened to you.

was this post pointless?

slash_GNR666 01-22-2013 04:08 AM

The hour a day I got to play in the garden was good, however the rest of the time in the basement was awful....

Fuck you TS for bringing it all back to me!

Samdroid 01-22-2013 04:08 AM

I do miss my innocence, but I wouldn't trade my independence for anything.

homeless-john 01-22-2013 04:27 AM

Wasn't bad. Had a pretty cool super soaker.

mystical_1 01-22-2013 04:52 AM

I got into so much trouble.

So much trouble...

willT08 01-22-2013 04:55 AM

Meh. It was pretty half and half between general contentedness and ludicrously bad situations.

Dregen 01-22-2013 05:02 AM

aaah, the good old days. back to where i didn't give a fuck about anyone and wasn't all depressed and anxious and shit. i seriously don't even have a clue how i got the way i am now... well i do, but my personality change shouldn't have been that extreme. moving to a new school and puberty fucked me pretty hard for some reason.

mystical_1 01-22-2013 06:38 AM

I remember me and my pals (in fifth grade) had the "sympathy corner" when we'd go to dances. We would sit there and act depressed, believing that girls would feel bad for us and ask us to dance.

It never worked and holy shit were we stupid.

ROCK=ZEPPELIN 01-22-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantsLesPaul
Loved mine, which is bad, because I can't get back there :( :(

You can always go back there in spirit; we can't act our age all the time. :p:

GazzaCee 01-22-2013 07:24 AM

It was good.

I guess I wasn't really grateful for what I had when I had it, but looking back, I am. I'm 16 though, so I guess I'm still kinda in the transition from childhood to adulthood. It's an alright place to be.

donender 01-22-2013 07:30 AM

It was alright, but i didn't have many friends in school, part of it was just because i was shy, and part of it was because i didn't really have any interest in sports, which was what most of the kids did during breaktime. I do kind of miss not having to worry about much, but at the same time, i like being able to do what i want (to an extent). I the first part of my teenage years were spent in secondary school, again, not having many friends, then the second part was a mixture of some of the best and worst times of my life. I have had some terrible self esteem and confidence issues that i am luckily starting to get over, and i think this is thanks to things i learnt in my childhood.

Short answer: Yes, i do miss my childhood, but i like where i am now.

captainsnazz 01-22-2013 07:37 AM

I hated it at the time but that was only because I was an idiot. I miss it too sometimes. On the other hand, my adult life is actually much less stressful than my childhood was.