UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   World Foods (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1585016)

treborillusion 01-27-2013 03:05 AM

World Foods

What foods have you tried?

Where I live, there's a lot of Jamaican food, and Indian as well as Chinese, Pizza, Fried Chicken and Burgers.

Jerk Chicken

From one of the many local Jerk places.

N_J_B_B 01-27-2013 03:07 AM

damn that looks good.

Avedas 01-27-2013 03:10 AM

TS is a jerk

pugachev 01-27-2013 03:11 AM

its time for bed, if i participate in this thread ill end up starving to death and cooking food and itll be 3 am before i sleeep

StopReadingThis 01-27-2013 03:20 AM

Is there any kind of meat this guy CAN'T jerk?

stratman_13 01-27-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopReadingThis
Is there any kind of meat this guy CAN'T jerk?

Fry's lower horn.

But then again that's used to it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

StopReadingThis 01-27-2013 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman_13
Fry's lower horn.

But then again that's used to it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:golfclap:

Weaponized 01-27-2013 03:30 AM

Had Italian at Dominos
Chinese at Panda Express
Mexican at Taco Bell

pretty much had it all

stratman_13 01-27-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopReadingThis
:golfclap:

:p:. that's only two of my favorite episodes. "I like your attitude. And your latest accent!

OT:

Sushi from a place called Sticky Rice in Richmond (LEGIT.)
Gumbo from one of my dad's friends who hails from Nawlens
Quite a bit of good Italian
Korean food courtesy of my ex's aunt
Chinese from one of my fraternity brothers who's family is from there

I've had a bunch of foreign food, actually...

treborillusion 01-27-2013 03:36 AM

I've had home cooked Thai & Filipino because of friends, and also, I've had Sushi too... Too bad there's no Sushi place in my neighbourhood.

This thread is making me hungry.

show

guitarxo 01-27-2013 04:35 AM

what exactly is world food? is it just food that isn't native to where you live? if so, I eat all of it.

treborillusion 01-27-2013 04:38 AM

^That question blew my mind...

But, Native too.

ErnestoFidel 01-27-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
Had Italian at Dominos
Chinese at Panda Express
Mexican at Taco Bell

pretty much had it all

I am sorry if I insult you, but you must be the most impertinent and ignorant American ever if you think that you can get Italian food at Dominos, Chinese at Panda Express, Mexican at Taco Bell etc. Those places sell something that is remotely close to the culture they try to represent, but generally their food is adjusted to the eating habits of the local consumer. Did you know that Chinese food in the USA is very different from Chinese food in Europe. Weird, isn't it? But its like watching a movie set in China and then pretend you've actually been there.

Avedas 01-27-2013 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestoFidel
I am sorry if I insult you, but you must be the most impertinent and ignorant American ever if you think that you can get Italian food at Dominos, Chinese at Panda Express, Mexican at Taco Bell etc. Those places sell something that is remotely close to the culture they try to represent, but generally their food is adjusted to the eating habits of the local consumer. Did you know that Chinese food in the USA is very different from Chinese food in Europe. Weird, isn't it? But its like watching a movie set in China and then pretend you've actually been there.

Wow you thought his post was serious. That's incredible.

I couldn't even name all the places I've had food from. Everything is so multicultural here it's not even a big deal to eat food from 4 different countries every day.

treborillusion 01-27-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestoFidel

I thought Weaponized was witty, tbh. Also, he had a point.

MinterMan22 01-27-2013 05:34 AM

tbh when it comes to food im really picky only ethnic food i eat is greek (cause im half greek) and italian cause its sorta similar. throw in some caribbean rice which is probably the only stuff i can eat from the other half of my background without getting stomach pains. spices don't really bode welll with me

ive just started eating canadian food like poutine and beavertails. poutine is probably my favourite thing to eat now.

guitarxo 01-27-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treborillusion
^That question blew my mind...

But, Native too.

Oh right. Well I guess I usually eat local food because it's the most prevalent and cheapest but I also eat Indian food cuz my parents are Indian and I love mexican/italian/turkish/japanese/german/EVERYTHING FUCK I JUST LOVE FOOD! But I'm not picky so I'll eat whatever's available, and everything's available

ErnestoFidel 01-27-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avedas
Wow you thought his post was serious. That's incredible.

Let's stick with the general idea of my point instead of setting it in some connection to Weaponized's post. I definitely had a point here, and it is not about his post being serious or not, where actually there is no sign in his post as far as what to make of it.

TunerAddict 01-27-2013 05:44 AM

Spiedies, BITCH!

Greenie_777 01-27-2013 05:49 AM

Thai
Vietnamese
Indian
Chinese
Italian
Mexican
Carribean

Those are just the obvious ones. I'm cultured as ****.