UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   NGD - Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1585570)

davidrf 01-30-2013 08:50 AM

NGD - Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature

So, my NGD was few days ago, but I only managed to shoot decent photos yesterday. It's a Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature. I immediately changed the pickguard with a black one, and now I like it much much more.

First impressions:
- when used with very high gain it's BRUTAL... way meaner than my LTD EC-1000 with passive Seymour Duncans. My God!
- it screams like a banshee
- the sustain is mind boggling
- the maple neck is unusually bright... brighter than any maple neck I've ever seen. I heard that's common with very recent made in USAs.
- it's a bit lighter than my 2011 American Standard (and that's not heavy at all)
- the serial reads year 2012... not only it's the last ever imported in Italy... it's one of the last ones ever made.
- First time I have a guitar with the Tweed case... that thing is worth its cost. Wow.
- I like the neck... maybe the neck on my Am Std. is a little bit smoother, but this is not bad AT ALL.
- It is absolutely possible to get beautiful clean tones from any pickup.
- I now feel bald and angry and talented.

Some pics taken with absolutely no regard before changing the pickguard:

First pic after I changed the pickguard:

Better pics where little Billy enjoys the seaside (the lightning gives a bit of a "plasticky" look... too bad):

I think this is a superb guitar.

Tom 1.0 01-30-2013 08:57 AM

Very cool :cheers:

Also, I had never really looked at these before, I didn't realise these were so heavily based on the Hard Tail 70's Strats.

Really cool guitar, I used to love Smashing Pumpkins. Corgan might be a prat but he can write some awesome songs.

desperatechris 01-30-2013 09:43 AM

A really cool guitar! :)

Mephaphil 01-30-2013 09:55 AM

Cool stuff! I had the same pickups in my Strat. Quite cool.

Looks awesome in black. Corgan can be a bit silly, but he can also be pretty poetic and poignant.

But yea, happy new guitar day!

MaggaraMarine 01-30-2013 09:55 AM

HNGD

IMO it would look even cooler if it had a tortoise shell pickguard. But all black is also cool. Black and white kind of reminds me of starter pack Strats.

stonyman65 01-30-2013 10:09 AM

Sweet!

Mephaphil 01-30-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggaraMarine
HNGD

IMO it would look even cooler if it had a tortoise shell pickguard. But all black is also cool. Black and white kind of reminds me of starter pack Strats.

Me too. I couldn't have one. All black is very cool.

Linkerman 01-30-2013 10:39 AM

Very nice. Happy NGD! :cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggaraMarine
Black and white kind of reminds me of starter pack Strats.

+3.1415

That's the only reason why i'm about to mod my Strat -- i'm bored to death of the black paintjob with white pickguard. Everyone has a b'n'w Strat (or Strat-style guitar).

JesusCrisp 01-30-2013 12:02 PM

HNGD! :cheers:

Really interested in those actually.

H4T3BR33D3R 01-30-2013 12:11 PM

Sweet guitar man. HNGD :cheers:

dannyalcatraz 01-30-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:
- I now feel bald and angry and talented.

I almost choked on my sandwich...

HNGD!

JAHellraiser 01-30-2013 02:16 PM

ahh there's something nice about that all black body. HNGD man. any chance of clips? :p:

terribleguitar 01-30-2013 02:21 PM

HNGD!

The guitar is lovely, and the photos by the seaside are just SICK.