UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Let's talk about obesity (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1585590)

Horsedick.MPEG 01-30-2013 11:34 AM

Let's talk about obesity

So there was a discussion in one of my classes that I overheard over the situation with fat people:

One side said fat people are fat because they are lazy, slobs who just love to eat.

The other side said fat people are emotionally damaged and that food is their way of comforting them, or is due to a medical condition.

I think this might be a tough one, though it's not the same with every fat person, but I do know some that are fat because they're emotionally damaged, but I also know some that are fat because they are lazy slobs.

Discuss this Pit :(

Arby911 01-30-2013 11:35 AM

All of the above.

T00DEEPBLUE 01-30-2013 11:35 AM

What are we supposed to discuss about this? You've pretty much answered your own question, those two are the main of the reasons why people over-eat and get fat.

gabcd86 01-30-2013 11:35 AM

Bit of both, depends on the person, etc.

willT08 01-30-2013 11:36 AM

Fat people don't get fat by accident. Being morbidly obese doesn't just creep up on you. You have to notice you're getting fatter and say "Ah fuck it" and do nothing about it.

Applies whether what needed to be done was physical or emotional help, either way you made a conscious decision to be a fat shit.

Obsceneairwaves 01-30-2013 11:36 AM

fatties gon' fat

:shrug:

JohnnyGenzale 01-30-2013 11:37 AM

Fat people need to stop treat it like it's their only consolidiation and until then they are just mentally weak.

It's a mental illness / addiction basically and in the end it's up to themselves to do something about it. I ahve little sympathy for fatties who blame something else, society, or some dumb external effect.

captainsnazz 01-30-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Fat people don't get fat by accident. Being morbidly obese doesn't just creep up on you. You have to notice you're getting fatter and say "Ah fuck it" and do nothing about it.

Applies whether what needed to be done was physical or emotional help, either way you made a conscious decision to be a fat shit.

Yeah, this.

Also cake.

adamgur96 01-30-2013 11:37 AM

It depends on the person, etc, yada yada

Obsceneairwaves 01-30-2013 11:38 AM

Weaponized 01-30-2013 11:39 AM

The fattest guy I know is neither :shrug: He works out all the time, works, has a healthy social life, a gf etc.

He's just really fat. I know other really fat people that just eat really unhealthy so all the times they have tried to work out didnt work.

adamgur96 01-30-2013 11:39 AM

^^ :haha:

Mister.Y 01-30-2013 11:39 AM

There are cultural factors as well. In a lot of places unhealthy (fat) food is cheaper than healthy food. Of course it's ultimately a personal decision, but the fastfood culture in a lot of western countries increases the availability of unhealthy, albeit cheap, junk, which makes it easier to resort to when you're poor.

ali.guitarkid7 01-30-2013 11:41 AM

So is no one fat because they like it?

Okay.

willT08 01-30-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7

Okay.

If they are they're a bona fide moron.

Telecaster7 01-30-2013 11:48 AM

I'd link to one of Ricky Gervais' rants about fat people but he does one in most things he does so it seems a bit useless. Anyway I agree with him that the vast majority of fatties are just lazy idiots who need to stop eating fast food and go for a fucking run. Yes, some people are fat because of glandular problems and they are fighting a losing battle, but anyone who says "Oh it's in my genes" needs to get outside and do some shit, because even though fatness is in your genes, it's obvious that exercise isn't.

You may say I'm being harsh, but the country I live in has the fattest population per capita (or most obese or something, the point is we're all fat bastards) and you can't seriously tell me that all of these people are helpless against an unstoppable fat infection.

JohnnyGenzale 01-30-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Okay.

Maybe there is. But then they are just really really ******ed. Like really ******ed.

ali.guitarkid7 01-30-2013 11:49 AM

Oh, okay. I'm not one of them

:sad:

T00DEEPBLUE 01-30-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGenzale
Maybe there is. But then they are just really really ******ed. Like really ******ed.

Some people dig fat chicks. :shrug:

WCPhils 01-30-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:
Oh, okay. I'm not one of them

:sad:

You don't look obese in your photos :p:

THere's a difference. Plus, you're doing a bunch of stuff according to element's fitness thread