UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Ads (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Northern Va Area High School Alt. Rock Band (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1585798)

fenderlespaul15 01-31-2013 05:21 PM

Northern Va Area High School Alt. Rock Band

Hey me and a friend are looking to start up Smasing pumpkins-esqe alternative rock band, but are having trouble finding players in our school, so thought we'd try here.. Were looking for a drummer, a bass, and/or a singer thats willing to commit to it. (sorry, no more guitars, we both play) Gotta be between the ages of 14-16, 15 preferably, guy or girl, and should probably live in the Prince William country/ manassas area, or at least be able to commute there regularly (or vice versa). Were trying to start with covers then start writing our own stuff. ANY questions or prospects please pm me

madcaleb165 02-15-2013 03:27 PM

I'm a singer, pretty darn good actually (military brat so when i lived in Europe I was the 13th best tenor in all of Europe *DODDs high schools*). I've been playing guitar for a year and a half and I've picked up on it very quickly. I can also play piano, harmonica, alto sax, some rusty violin (lol), bass, and drums (although I lack all but the harmonica and piano). I have my own recording equipment (mixcraft and an Audiobox VSL). I've been in 3 bands so far and I'm a sophomore in High School (in the USA now). Thanks for the time.
Caleb
P.S. I am moving to Winchester, VA in the summer... Not sure how close that is to Prince William? I am also 16 years old. Tenor/Bari/Bass (All guy range vocalist).

fenderlespaul15 02-15-2013 04:47 PM

Winchesters kind of a drive but if your interested we can probably make it work. We finally found a drummer, but we still need a bassist and a singer (not sure where you can get ur hands on a bass though) Were all freshmen, but we can all play pretty well (I have a year on the guitar, but i can pretty much shred short solos and do whatever, the other guitarist has 6 years and hes good, havent auditioned the drummer yet but he says he has 2 years)

madcaleb165 02-15-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderlespaul15
Winchesters kind of a drive but if your interested we can probably make it work. We finally found a drummer, but we still need a bassist and a singer (not sure where you can get ur hands on a bass though) Were all freshmen, but we can all play pretty well (I have a year on the guitar, but i can pretty much shred short solos and do whatever, the other guitarist has 6 years and hes good, havent auditioned the drummer yet but he says he has 2 years)

Singer - I'm your guy! Actually, I'm literally in PA right t this moment on the way to winchester to look at land with the family lol. We move here around July... How far exact would I be from you all? Also, if you got solos, and the other guy could ply rhythm, or the other way around then I may be able to play some piano/keyboard! I have a ton of original songs I've been working on... Not sure what style/genre you want though so.... I suppose I could send them to you guys for criticism.

madcaleb165 02-15-2013 08:54 PM

Oops I forgot, I made it sound like I don't have a guitar lol. I have 5.. 1 classical, 2 acoustics, and 2 electrics... Although the electrics and one of the acoustics need fixed... :D hope that helps!

fenderlespaul15 02-17-2013 11:10 AM

depending on where you are its probably between 1 hour and 2 so... its kindof a drive but idk. cool, were trying to get a little close to the siamese dreamish/ mcis sound but also have some other stuff (we havent really started playing yet so were not completely sure)

fenderlespaul15 02-17-2013 11:12 AM

we definitely want to cover "today" and maybe mayonaise and 1 or 2 others just to get ourselves in sync

madcaleb165 02-17-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:
we definitely want to cover "today" and maybe mayonaise and 1 or 2 others just to get ourselves in sync

Lol I'm not familiar with dreamish... Today by...? And I'm mostly into contemporary Christian music along with (modern) country, and rock.. Classic and modern. If you truly needed me to, I could send you my vocals, and you guys can just get the other stuff together until I finally move here. Are you familiar with the James Wood High School?

fenderlespaul15 02-17-2013 07:21 PM

Smashing pumpkins (i listen to them almost exclusively so any genre they play up to zeitgeist im fine with: softer stuff being spaceboy and soma and harder stuff maybe up to quiet or here is no why) no dont worry about it if you say you can sing we'll take your word for it, and no i only know the schools in my county

madcaleb165 02-17-2013 07:22 PM

OH MY GOSH!!!! I just looked up the song and I DO know it!!!! (Aka. Rock band) I very much like that song and it would be awesome to cover it. Can either of you guys sing harmonies?

fenderlespaul15 02-19-2013 07:47 PM

Yea thats where I first heard it too... *Maybe. I dont personally think any of us has any sort of voice, but maybe we'll sound better with instruments blasting. Also, the other guitarists siad he had singing "potential", but im pretty sure he was kidding

madcaleb165 02-22-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:
Yea thats where I first heard it too... *Maybe. I dont personally think any of us has any sort of voice, but maybe we'll sound better with instruments blasting. Also, the other guitarists siad he had singing "potential", but im pretty sure he was kidding

Alright, Would you like me to record something and post it on youtube for you to listen to?

fenderlespaul15 02-23-2013 02:30 PM

yea sure if you can

madcaleb165 02-24-2013 11:44 AM

I'll try to get it recorded and up today. Is it ok if I sing a country song?

fenderlespaul15 02-24-2013 03:09 PM

yea no problem, just give me a link to it

madcaleb165 02-26-2013 08:17 PM

Lol this is taking a bit longer then I anticipated. I plan ot have it done by the end of the week? Just trying some different songs, firguring out which ones work and which don't. So who would be the lead guitarist for the group? Drummer? And Bassist? Obviously, I could play rhythm and sing, but I'd love to "meet" the whole group. Maybe a Facebook group I could join? (Caleb Harwood Mattingly is my name and the profile pic is me, holding my blue acoustic guitar.) Thanks man!
Caleb

fenderlespaul15 03-02-2013 01:54 PM

Sorry taking so long getting back to you... Id probably play second guitar, the other guy would play lead, and were gonna finally be auditioning the drummer in a week or two since his drums are finally back from the shop.. None of us are really on facebook but im trying to figure something out. Maybe a ug page? any ideas?

madcaleb165 03-02-2013 10:13 PM

Well, I mean, if we could chat with each other, that would make everything a LOT easier. I suppose I could make a UG band page? We need a name to the band yet, and I'm pretty sure we still need to get some songs written. Brainstorm some ideas for the name of the band, maybe try to write a song or two, just see what comes to you. If you find anything catchy, jot it down, type it up, ect. and PM it to me, or post it on here. With bands I've been in, the name of the band has been symbolic of something, and had a deeper meaning. I agree whole-heartedly that it should. Hope the drummer's audition goes well.. Any chance you could video it and post it on youtube? Then put it on here? I'd love to hear him play myself, even though I'm not currently there. Btw, a word of WARNING: I am VERY serious/committed to bands adn when I join one, I tend to get a lot of gigs. I now have connections to a couple producing companies. I plan to take the band I'm in to the "big leagues" so I'll need you all to be serious about this. I don't mean I'm ALL practice and no fun. Just that I want to take it a long way. Anyways, I haven't had time to record anything, so just look me up on youtube. (madcaleb165) Just like my UG name. I only have a couple vids up, and my newest one was for a competition. I entered too late, but hey, it was good practice.
Send me a message when you get some ideas!
Caleb
P.S. - The guitars idea sounds good to me, although I may still play unplugged acoustic.

fenderlespaul15 03-03-2013 05:28 PM

idk i guess pm me your email and Ill email you. Yea im not bad at writing lyrics (have some cheesy stuff in the songwriting and lyrics column, which you can probably find through my ug page), and dont worry, we're all serious about it, but dont try too hard lol, music is supposed to be fun... We've been tossing around a few band names, but so far we cant agree on anything and its not really a big deal yet.
Also, the audition will probably be a few hours, but Ill try to videotape some of the important stuff