UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Everything is ruled by randomness (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1587506)

frusciante.ve 02-10-2013 11:59 AM

Everything is ruled by randomness

Im not good explaining my thoughts but Ill try to make it clear: everything is ruled by randomness, every single thought you have is a direct consequence of a previous event in your life, while you think you control what you do... you actually dont, its just your brain reacting to something.

You could say "oh yeah, well Ill touch my nose while I tap my foot... I decided to do that... its not randomness", but actually its a direct response from your brain to prove myself wrong and for previous events in your life... the first thing your brain comes up with is touching your nose while taping your feet.

You dont control anything in your life... its just your brain reacting to its enviroment, you just go with the flow.

Thanks

Neo Evil11 02-10-2013 12:01 PM

Everything may be random, but yet it does comply to specific rules and it stays within certain boundaries.

raoooos 02-10-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frusciante.ve
Thanks

np

Simsimius 02-10-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:
You dont control anything in your life... its just your brain reacting to its enviroment, you just go with the flow.

Did you know, you are your brain?

Trowzaa 02-10-2013 12:03 PM

llama rainbows XDDDDD

s0 rand0m

Crofty89 02-10-2013 12:03 PM

That is all.

bifteksupernova 02-10-2013 12:04 PM

ts is stoned out of his gourd

Bob_Sacamano 02-10-2013 12:06 PM

Lol, ts. Lettin dem control yo mind, you gota fight it mang

ledzepplin6914 02-10-2013 12:11 PM

you actually proved that nothing is random and everything has a reason. lol

rak411 02-10-2013 12:11 PM

knowledge, my friend...
when you gain it, your path follows with it. it is not random.
talent is not random, it passes on to the offspring, sometimes.
one's sense of right and wrong is not random.
I dunno man, pretty stoned.

good brain work out though, give you that :)

Trowzaa 02-10-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak411
talent is not random, it passes on to the offspring, sometimes.

So that makes it random if it passes to the offspring only sometimes :confus:

Talent isn't random, if you practice something that makes it not random.

guitarist41 02-10-2013 12:20 PM

Shut up, TS.

KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT 02-10-2013 12:25 PM

yeah man
spot on except it infers order, in fact. It's a lame term but when I'm describing this to other people I use the phrase 'Divine Fate' cos in a sense that's what it is

If we ascribe to the (incorrect) notion that we're separate from nature, the Newtonian Model shows us how the material world has to abide by strict laws of motion, this means all of the material world is predictable. If we were to know the direction and velocity of every every particle in the universe, we'd be able to punch the variables into a computer and get a model of how the universe would look x years into the future

That's a given, but then we have ourselves. I've always considered consciousness/personality as result of internal and external factors, genes and environment. This means we too are predictable, there are just a buttload more variables giving the appearance of chaos. If you think about it, 'pon de planck length :rasta:, the trajectory of our thoughts follow a chain, as you said.

This throws the notion of free will out the ****ing window and proves how none of us even exist and it's cool as ****.

On a separate note, dissolution of the concept of 'meaning' gives everything profound purpose. Instead of it (whatever it may be, in this example, a particle a house a brick etc) existing for a specific need, it self-necessitates its own existence and meaning is a prerequisite and the purpose of it existing is it existing.

(:
nice thread 9/10
would be 10 if you didn't say it was random

Using your water analogy, imagine a pebble falling into a river. If we knew the speed/depth (all the variables we'd need for the calculation) of the river we could accurately measure where the stone would be (x)time into the future. We're that pebble, Maya is that river.

ErikLensherr 02-10-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:
Im not good explaining my thoughts but Ill try to make it clear: everything is ruled by randomness, every single thought you have is a direct consequence of a previous event in your life, while you think you control what you do... you actually dont, its just your brain reacting to something.

That's not random.

cornmancer 02-10-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

You could say "oh yeah, well Ill touch my nose while I tap my foot... I decided to do that... its not randomness", but actually its a direct response from your brain to prove myself wrong and for previous events in your life... the first thing your brain comes up with is touching your nose while taping your feet.

Thanks

Except the bolded bit is directly contrary to the word random, which is when something occurs without a cause. And you're saying everything is caused by something.
Also science disagrees.

L2112Lif 02-10-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:
...every single thought you have is a direct consequence of a previous event in your life...

Don't know what you're getting at, really... This is already organization.

KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT 02-10-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmancer
Also science disagrees.

?
explain pon de thread pls
:rasta:

daanbread 02-10-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
If we ascribe to the (incorrect) notion that we're separate from nature, the Newtonian Model shows us how the material world has to abide by strict laws of motion, this means all of the material world is predictable. If we were to know the direction and velocity of every every particle in the universe, we'd be able to punch the variables into a computer and get a model of how the universe would look x years into the future

I am afraid my good sir, that this isn't right. I used to think the same but after asking a physics teacher ive found out that the universe operates in a more probabilistic manner. This basically means that each event that happens, such as the movement of a gas, has a percentage change of either doing it or not doing it. These percentages can be very small but in the large scale of things it would create a very different universe. So yeah, things are quite random indeed.

frusciante.ve 02-10-2013 12:43 PM

Now that I think about it I might be wrong on the "random" part of it, like some of you pointed out. Ironically, it would be the opposite... everything follows a path. Its just that its kind of random from our perspective because we just see it happen.

The only random thing ever would be the beggining of everything. Wow.

Jiimmyyy 02-10-2013 01:05 PM

This is called determinism. It's widely accepted to be true among the scientific community I believe.