UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singing & Vocals (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   10 minute daily vocal exersize? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1587986)

Usernames sucks 02-13-2013 03:03 AM

10 minute daily vocal exersize?

Hi, i sing in a hard rock band (vocals like nirvana, foo fighters etc). Im a bass
/baritone, going from C# (two octaves below middle c) to E (right over middle c). Im not that great singer, so i want to: get better at singing overall, get better at falsetto/head/mixed voice and get a wider range (in the upper register).
I tought if i used 10 minutes of vocal exersizes to improve my singing every day, i would have a concistency that i would benefit alot from in tge long run. So for 10 (or 15 mins a day), what exersizes shuld i be doing to benefit most of? Thanks

krajew4 02-13-2013 06:53 AM

Hi
I'm not a singer, but I do vocal training on daily basis (approx. 30 min / day). I use David Lucas Burge course on Perfect and Relative pitch. Basically he gives you some exercesises to do on each lesson - sometimes differnt for each kind of instruments you play. Before taking this lessons I was barely able to sing a clear pitch in range from low A to high E. What I do now is just singing some intervals (mainly perfect 5ths and 4ths) and for the most time of traning I just play random intervals (from minor 2nd up to octave + perfect 5th) and chords with 3 notes trying to hear and sing each pitch separately. After a couple of days I'm able to sing from low G to high F# and for sure I can go in like a month to low F# to high G. Maybe try some of this exercises or take a look on the course I mentioned.

Duce180 02-13-2013 06:56 PM

10 minutes isn't very long. Thats not even long enough to warm up your voice really. I'd shoot for 30 to 60 minutes using a good singing program, theres many out there. I can reccommend Singing Success since ive seen good results from it. I should also reccommend first that you see a vocal coach if you take singing seriously, best results come from a coach.

Usernames sucks 02-14-2013 05:53 AM

Yeah, i tried to post this on the modern vocalist forum, and pepole almost seemed offended because i tought it needed so little work. So i have decided 30 mins most days a week.

aaron aardvark 02-19-2013 12:19 AM

Usernames sucks,
I'm not saying I'm a good singer and I have taken no formal training. But for me, singing in the car, with music playing that I like, while I am commuting helps me. Some people laugh at me (in other cars), or smile; I don't mind.

20Tigers 02-19-2013 04:12 AM

Haha I get those looks.

When I watched Click with my daughter she laughed at the guy singing in his car and said it was me. (I didn't care, I was quickly distracted by the slow motion shot.)

......But that's not vocal training.