UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cover Songs (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Oasis Cover Songs (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1590153)

tdklimek 02-26-2013 03:08 PM

Oasis Cover Songs

I would love some feedback on my Oasis Covers! =)

Wonderwall

Dont Go Away

Wont Let You Down

Supersonic

Some are old, but please give feedback! =)

Joshe_009 02-28-2013 05:42 AM

Hey mate just gave Wonderwall a listen.

First question I have is what process did you use for recording this and did you record the vocals and instrument at the same time?

I think you are quite a good singer, I'm probably at a similar level although I think your voice is more consistent and probably with better tone. If I was going to be picky, I would just say in some areas you could have used a stronger voice, although that may not be what you were looking for and maybe lead your cover in a different direction than you were aiming for (but a strong vocal finish to the song is what I would have done myself).

Instrumentally quite good as well, a little inconsistent with some strumming but hey, it wasn't any real issue and was barely noticeable. I wont evaluate further on this because I'm not the greatest guitar player around (only 3 years of self-taught experience), and the song seems pretty simple anyway.

Overall:
I think your cover is unique and I quite liked it.
To score it I would probably give a 7/10 :)

Joshe_009 02-28-2013 05:43 AM

C4C please?
here

tdklimek 02-28-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshe_009
Hey mate just gave Wonderwall a listen.

First question I have is what process did you use for recording this and did you record the vocals and instrument at the same time?

I think you are quite a good singer, I'm probably at a similar level although I think your voice is more consistent and probably with better tone. If I was going to be picky, I would just say in some areas you could have used a stronger voice, although that may not be what you were looking for and maybe lead your cover in a different direction than you were aiming for (but a strong vocal finish to the song is what I would have done myself).

Instrumentally quite good as well, a little inconsistent with some strumming but hey, it wasn't any real issue and was barely noticeable. I wont evaluate further on this because I'm not the greatest guitar player around (only 3 years of self-taught experience), and the song seems pretty simple anyway.

Overall:
I think your cover is unique and I quite liked it.
To score it I would probably give a 7/10 :)

I always record my guitar and vocals at the same time!! It's the only way I can feel truly in tune with the song. And for this particular cover I was going for a softer tone for it. I changed some of the melody around a bit. But i definitely understand where it needs some strength. This is one of my oldest recordings on my channel, and with much confidence I can say that I can now perform this song amazingly. Much better then here. I've improved on the melodies and my voice has improved a bunch. I plan to re-record it with an acoustic guitar veryyyy soon.

My process varies with what I'm doing. I'f i wanna record just me and my guitar, i will ALWAYS perform both at the same time and do little editing (With Presonus studio one 2). If I am recording a more produced song (drums, piano, electric guitar etc.) I tend to record all the instruments first, then vocals.

Joshe_009 03-01-2013 03:46 AM

Okay mate, look forward to it!
Yeah I thought you did, but as there was no video I wasn't sure.

Could you please C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1589952

Thanks.

tdklimek 03-01-2013 01:39 PM

What exactly does C4C mean? I'm new here.

Joshe_009 03-01-2013 10:07 PM

It simply means that if I critique your cover, could you do the same for mine in return. :)