UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Gear & Accessories (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Transporting Pedals (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1623305)

Vendetta V 11-13-2013 04:51 PM

Transporting Pedals

Hey guys, so my actual concern for the next gig is transporting my pedalboard.

It's a custom sized piece of wood that I made into a pedalboard and it's quite big. I'm still wondering of the best way to transport it.

The thing is I dont have a car in this town so my usual hope is the subway which is fast and free.

I'm thinking of I could transport my pedalboard with as little hassle as possible.

Shoot opinions? :)

RJH11 11-13-2013 05:03 PM

I also have a huge custom made board easy solution
I grabbed some cheap roadrunner pedal bags no easy
way to transport mine so two RR bags is what I use.

Vendetta V 11-13-2013 05:21 PM

Mine is bigger than that. that's the problem, So I either get a custom sewn bag or idk

EDIT: huge pic

show

Cathbard 11-13-2013 08:00 PM

Reduce the size of your board? ;)

Make your board in a box with a lid and a handle.

Vendetta V 11-14-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Reduce the size of your board? ;)

Make your board in a box with a lid and a handle.

I wish I could do this but I never took this board as a serious investment. somewhere down the line i'll definitely do what you suggested but I don't think i have the time and funds now till the next concert which is on 22nd :shrug:

trashedlostfdup 11-14-2013 04:10 AM

drill through the wood and ziptie the pedals in place (may take two), so hole on each side of pedal.

i am not being an ass here, but do you really need to gig with that big of a board?

i understand that pedals are fun to mess around with at home or use for recording. i love moving pedals around, but i only gig with five pedals tops, two being OD's, a wah and a microvibe, and a proctavia. :shrug:

Cathbard 11-14-2013 06:06 AM

Yeah cut back to the bare necessities. Knock up a quick board and find a bag, luggage type thing, at the Salvos as close in size as you can find. Throw some packing in there - foam, towel, blanket, w/e and off you go.

trashedlostfdup 11-14-2013 06:20 AM

if i am gigging where i usually go there aren't any neon of florescent light near the stage (quite odd for a bar), they just have big signs. i throw the right amound of pedal cables and my 1 spot (battery in the proctavia), and pull out the one spot. with my pedals. keep the board seperate it and throw it together. i can do mine in two minutes max. again i am running less pedals, but i am a minimalist when it comes to gigging. take all i need (with proper backup for certain things).

the less you have the less to watch over for potential theft as well :shrug:

fly135 11-14-2013 11:01 AM

Looks like it would fit in a suitcase for toting.

Vendetta V 11-17-2013 03:07 PM

I actually understand your point on cutting down to bare minimum. I do it myself most of the time except with bigger shows where I rather bring good amount of equipment you know since I'm playing for over an hour. Otherwise it's just a few pieces really.

Anyways, This board is already velcro'd up and everything so all I'm missing is a bag for it but I found a bag for it which is supposed to be a luggage bag for a suit or somehting that goes into your main case. Oh well whatever works right? :)

leondb 11-18-2013 12:30 AM

What is its dimensions? Get a pedalboard bag based on it. Your pedalboard is maybe a pedal longer than one of my boards used to be. It is wider though. Search here

Linkerman 11-18-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leondb
What is its dimensions? Get a pedalboard bag based on it. Your pedalboard is maybe a pedal longer than one of my boards used to be. It is wider though. Search here

This.

I built an extremely cheap and simple pedalboard from 2 pieces of wood, velcro and a can of spray paint (build thread here).

Then i bought a gig bag from Thomann, usually destined to huge multi-FX units like the Boss GT-100.
Turns out, it was still a bit bigger than it should, so i sawn off a bit of the top. Now it fits fine, as you can see from the pics on that thread.

Vendetta V 11-18-2013 02:40 PM

I actually found a heavy duty bag for suits which worked like a charm woah :D