UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tab Talk (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   REQUEST - Bill Withers - In My Heart (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1631273)

Czotie 01-23-2014 05:02 AM

REQUEST - Bill Withers - In My Heart

It's a quite simple song as far as Chord structure goes I'm sure. I just haven't been able to pick them out completely... Could some one please please pleeeeeeeeease write them out if they know. Or at least just email me the Chords!!!

CZotie@gmail.com

Thank you!!

DON CZARSKI 01-23-2014 12:28 PM

Ok, I tried to do some justice to this song.... first, I believe he is using a 12 string guitar to play the song (may be wrong)..... secondly, on my cheapo computer speakers or Ipad speakers it is really difficult to hear all the subtleties.... so I did the best I could..... Usually, I tab and submit the song immediately after posting here....but in this case I need feedback before doing so....
So, could both of you try this one out and then get back to me if you think it is correct or not..... and make any corrections or suggestions if needed and I am sure there may be.... Also if you notce I have Cm Cm* and Cm** ..basically it is playing a Cm as a barre chord and then doing a bass run thing..... OK

Code:
SONG: IN MY HEART ARTIST: BILL WITHERS TAB BY: DON CZARSKI EMAIL: GUITARZAN7@HOTMAIL.COM IN MY HEART BILL WITHERS INTRO: G G7 Cm Cm* Cm** VERSE: Cm G When I need some affection Bbm You're not there, I close my eyes Ab G And uuuuuuse my recollection, Cm And in one moment Bm Bb There's my fav'rite scene, Bbm Taken from the place Ab Wheeeeeere I keep my dreams, G G7 Cm Cm* Cm** Cm Cm Cm* Cm** Cm In my heaaaart, in my heart. VERSE: Cm It's a lovely, lovely, lovely, Bm Lovely thing to see, Bb Bbm The picture in the birthday wallet Ab G That you gave to me. Cm But a man can lose a photograph, Bm Bb So just in case, Bbm Ab I keep your portrait close to me yeah, In a special place, G G7 In myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Cm Cm* Cm** Heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart, Cm Cm* Cm** In my heaaaaaaaart, Cm Cm* Cm** In my heart, Cm Cm* Cm** In my heaaaaaaaaaaaaaart, Cm Cm* Cm** In my heart. Cm Cm* Cm** Hey, hey, in my heaaaaaaaaaaaaart, Cm Cm* Cm** In my heaaaaaaaaaaaaart, Hey PLAYED THIS WAY: Cm Cm* Cm** E -3- -3- -3- B -4- -4- -3- G -5- -5- -5- D -5- -3- -3- A -3- -3- -3- E -3- -5- -4- ACTUAL CHORD NAMES: Cm* = F9/A Cm** = Fmin6/9/Ab

Czotie 01-23-2014 05:13 PM

Wow quick response. It soooo very close, I'll have to toy w/ it when i get back from work tonight and give you an update :D

DON CZARSKI 01-23-2014 05:15 PM

Please do as I want to submit it but I want to get your opinion and the other guy that requested this song first before I do...ok

Czotie 01-23-2014 05:55 PM

Before i go to work, all i can say is this is perfect so far thank you so much!

only thing id add that i heard is:

INTRO:
G G* Cm Cm* Cm**

G*
E -3-
B -3-
G -4-
D -3-
A -5-
E -3-

Ill be playing it tonight and tomorrow morning to see if i can find any other additions!

:D Thank you :cool: DON CZARSKI!! :cool:

DON CZARSKI 01-23-2014 06:07 PM

Cm* = F9/A

Cm** = Fmin6/9/Ab

Your G* is actually a G7 Barre Chord....

I will incorporate these when I finally submit the TAB....Ok

DON CZARSKI 01-24-2014 10:27 AM

QUICK UPDATE...I incorporated the changes you stated in the tab...and in 2 more places I added the G7 chord that you stated to use.... so after you get back to me again I will submit the tab....ok