UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hardcore (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Only As I Lay Dying Thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284639)

PickmeDude 11-21-2005 11:50 PM

Only As I Lay Dying Thread

Throw it up for these guys... theyre one of the, if not the best, talented hardcore bans out there..

d_byrne23 11-22-2005 12:00 AM

do u know what man, at first i thought they were just one of those scream nu metal bands, but honestly, ever since i downloaded and baught their discography, everything i could find, ive been totally digging them, their riffs, tims singing, the drumming etc...they definately are one of the more talented newer bands out there, its a tough genre, but me being a fan of mainly gothic metal like cradle etc, i still can throw on frail words collapse or shadows are security and bang heads to it, i dunno if thir considered hardcore? but they definately are a good band, the video for their new single through struggle is great too, id recommend checking that out..

martyr 11-22-2005 12:07 AM

This thread = teh r0xz3rz

MattTheArsonist 11-22-2005 06:02 AM

As I Lay Dying = teh suX0rz!1!!

StuartR 11-22-2005 06:36 AM

If talent means generic then yeah.

PickmeDude 11-22-2005 09:50 AM

listen dude... listen to the drummer ( jordan ) his double bass is f**** incredible theyre so good.. my band is playing with them january 13th.. I can't wait.. as i lay dying is probably the best screamo band out there.. both cd's kick asss

martyr 11-22-2005 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickmeDude
listen dude... listen to the drummer ( jordan ) his double bass is f**** incredible theyre so good.. my band is playing with them january 13th.. I can't wait.. as i lay dying is probably the best screamo band out there.. both cd's kick asss

Oh my. I don't know how I can even think about areguing with that statement. Gosh, I wish people were as intelligent and well-rounded as you are. At the same time, I think that Bleeding Through might be more screamo, but I don't know...

:rolleyes:

hXcMacbeth3 11-22-2005 12:21 PM

please dont let this turn into another a7x only thread

kaktusnpoop 11-22-2005 01:13 PM

Lawlz at this thread

Gomorrah 11-22-2005 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickmeDude
Throw it up for these guys... theyre one of the, if not the best, talented hardcore bans out there..

Haha. That's funny. Well, anyways, cheers for making this thread. Hopefully it will cut down on the amount of threads devoted to them.

Independent27 11-22-2005 02:56 PM

Jordan isn't even good.

Combat 11-22-2005 04:01 PM

eh its probably good that we have one of these "only" threads for this band. theyre good, i think, i mean i can only listen to them so much before i get bored. but they are one of the leaders or the bands that generic metalcore bands follow. therefore i guess you could call them one of the leaders in the generic metalcore genre even though thats an oximoron.

MattTheArsonist 11-22-2005 04:18 PM

You know, As I Lay Dying shouldn't even be in the hardcore section, they're ****ty Christian Metal. A Christian band shouldn't even be put in the hardcore category, a large factor of hardcore music is about being original and thinking for yourself and being yourself, which is the exact opposite about what Christianity is about.

shadows666 11-22-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo
Martyr, that's pretty rich hearing that from a "Three Inches In Blood" fan...

I love As I Lay Dyings energy released into their music. My mate disliked them right before he saw them on the Hell On Earth tour. I love "Frail Words Collapse", the guitars on that are so addictive. However, I don't find them heavy enough to head bang to.

Dude, 3 inches of blood is f*cking awesome!! They take that sh*tty screamo yell thing and combine it with power metal vocals and it just kicks you in the face when you hear it!! As i lay dying has nothin on them!!

Bleeding Black 11-22-2005 04:32 PM

as i lay dying are t3rr1bLeEeE!1!!1

waldorphPRS41 11-22-2005 04:36 PM

Wow. As I Lay Dying=Screamo=Never.

Has Many Issues 11-22-2005 04:45 PM

They're pretty good, saw them in concert, kinda been growing out of them somewhat though.

LedZeppelin 11-22-2005 04:59 PM

^ Yeah, me too. They were great live but the more I listen to Frail Words, the more I dislike it. Shadows Are Security is better.

stratstrummer40 11-22-2005 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyr
Oh my. I don't know how I can even think about areguing with that statement. Gosh, I wish people were as intelligent and well-rounded as you are. At the same time, I think that Bleeding Through might be more screamo, but I don't know...

:rolleyes:

:haha that was great.

anyways, i used to listen to AILD but then I listened to some real hardcore. so i grew out of them.

kaktusnpoop 11-22-2005 05:51 PM

As I Lay Dying just isn't really that good, they just sound like your everyday typical metalcore band