UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Metal (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Helloween (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309761)

Liberation 01-22-2006 04:06 PM

Helloween

I searched through the threads and it appears that Helloween doesnt have a thread yet.

Helloween is argueably the most influential power metal band of all time, so they definately deserve a thread in here.

Ill start this off with a topic:

Which of Helloween's singers throughout their history is your favorite and why?

Im gonna go with Andi Deris. He has a wide vocal range and his voice is very suitable to Helloween's music, hes one of the most underrated vocalists in the metal genre.

grave 01-22-2006 04:19 PM

all there is to really say about helloween is get walls of jericho/st ep and that would be all you need

Bilzzard_of_Ozz 01-22-2006 04:48 PM

Killer liveband. Keeper of the Seven Keys rule you.

TWISTEDFender 01-22-2006 09:13 PM

I WANT OUT!!! Leave Me Be! God, love that song. Extremely addictive. Great stuff.

reed 01-22-2006 11:09 PM

eAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGLES FLY FREEEEEEEEEEE

probably gonna be the next song my bands gonna cover. classic stuff.

Liberation 01-22-2006 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed
eAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGLES FLY FREEEEEEEEEEE

probably gonna be the next song my bands gonna cover. classic stuff.

I never had much of a thing for 'Eagle Fly Free' until about a week ago, hah, great song though, my personal favorite song from any of the 'Keeper' albums is a tie between 'I Want Out' and 'March Of Time'.

****in legends.

Emrgncyguy7 01-23-2006 11:13 AM

I haven't heard any of their stuff even though I am a fan of power metal (strange huh), what would be a good first album to get

reed 01-23-2006 12:55 PM

I say Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt. 1 or 2 (but I prefer 2)

undead_bunny 01-23-2006 01:25 PM

Dr. Stein! Damn I love Helloween. The Keeper of the Seven Keys albums kick so much ass. I don't know which one I like better, though.

frozen one 01-23-2006 03:04 PM

Sole survivor rules!!!!!!!

Liberation 01-23-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrgncyguy7
I haven't heard any of their stuff even though I am a fan of power metal (strange huh), what would be a good first album to get

Id go with:

Keeper Of The Seven Keys Pt. 2
Walls Of Jerico (I misspelled that last word, I know it)
Better Than Raw

Those are 3 amazing albums, though my favorite is 'The Dark Ride' it was only an experimental album, so it has a slightly different sound from the rest of their material.

reed 01-23-2006 10:02 PM

Is the new one any good? Keeper of the Seven Keys: The Legacy or whatever? I havn't bothered with them after Kai left I must say...

Liberation 01-23-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed
Is the new one any good? Keeper of the Seven Keys: The Legacy or whatever? I havn't bothered with them after Kai left I must say...

I like it.

Some of the major highlights IMO are:
Born On Judgement Day
The Shade In The Shadow
Occasion Avenue
Pleasure Drone

flamencogod 01-24-2006 03:08 AM

I LOVE helloween, my favourite band

I prefer andi derris over kiske/hansen. His voice is stronger, better range, more versitale(sp?)

My favourite album is rabbit don't come easy....

new keeper III is great too...

The Oceanborn 01-24-2006 08:57 AM

Kiske is a good singer, but a ****ing asshole, lol he turned into a fanatic christian, doesn't play rockmusic anymore and condemns everything metal to be satanist and whatnot.
Helloween is frickin-a-great though, they're touring through Germany now with Primal Fear, but tickets are around 40 Euros, which I don't happen to be liking to spend, so meh. Also I don't like their newer stuff and without the almighty God of power metal Kai Hansen... no.

#_of_the_beast 01-24-2006 09:48 AM

such a great band, pick up their new cd, its amazing

Liberation 01-26-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamencogod
I LOVE helloween, my favourite band

I prefer andi derris over kiske/hansen. His voice is stronger, better range, more versitale(sp?)

My favourite album is rabbit don't come easy....

new keeper III is great too...

I thought Rabbit Dont Come Easy was good, but there are a few weak songs. My favorite on there has gotta be "Dont Stop Being Crazy", "Just A Little Sign" is good too though.

flamencogod 01-27-2006 07:00 AM

man I love just a little sign... it shows what derris can do... I love fast songs like that. and yeah don't stop being crazy is awsome too..

I bassicaly like the whole album. I'm starting to listen to master of the ring more often too it rocks!

Liberation 01-27-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamencogod
man I love just a little sign... it shows what derris can do... I love fast songs like that. and yeah don't stop being crazy is awsome too..

I bassicaly like the whole album. I'm starting to listen to master of the ring more often too it rocks!

Agreed!

I love Sole Survivor, but my favorite on the album is In The Middle Of A Heartbeat (Its mine and my gf's song)

websurfer 01-27-2006 10:24 PM

Favorite Song at this point is "King For A Thousand Years".... I also liked "You always walk alone" and "Halloween."

The good news is that I get to see Kai Hansen and Gamma Ray when they pass through Toronto. :-)